PDA

View Full Version : Steve Ott irks Capitals by breaking 'fighter's code'

DetDannyWilliams
03-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Ott, one of the league's agitators, asked Capitals rookie Steve Olesky to fight with 7:12 left in the third period. At the time, the Caps were holding a one-goal lead. Olesky was willing to fight, except Ott never dropped the gloves and instead was able to draw a roughing minor on Olesky that gave the Sabres a power-play chance.

"It ticks you off," Capitals forward Joey Crabb told CSN Washington (http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-washington-capitals/talk/caps-say-ott-broke-fighters-code). "All of us feel the same way. The more you play against him the more you realize he's going to pull those kinds of things." Washington felt that Ott broke the "fighter's code" in that guys don't waste time throwing the first punch because any hesitation can prove costly. Crabb was asked if it is an unwritten rule that a player does not skate away from another player after saying "Let's go."
Crabb's response, according to CSN Washington: "One hundred percent.
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2013-03-18/steve-ott-irks-washington-capitals-buffalo-sabres-struggles

YankeeInRaleigh
03-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Oh fuggin-A....I hope he didn't really do that.

This team must be seen as the most bush league bunch of jokers in the NHL.

Skooby
03-18-2013, 09:45 PM
It's Darcy's fault, somehow.

OpIv37
03-18-2013, 09:57 PM
It's Darcy's fault, somehow.

It is Darcy's fault. If the team had any talent, we wouldn't have to do punk ass **** like this to try to get a win.

Mski
03-19-2013, 08:23 AM
well if he really dide that, its very bush league... but again remember the source... is a ROOKIE really one to call out a Vet on ""unwritten"" codes

PTI
03-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Ott has always been like this, yet a high percentage of you crazies out here said he should be captain. Ugh. Might want to re-visit that thread, he has never been captain material.

SkateZilla
03-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Fighters code my ass...

Peters used to do it... and every "enforcer" used to do it.. it's called drawing a penalty.

I think rookies/Under 5 year players, should not allowed to be in interviews or open their mouths, let alone commenting on aspects of the game that he is not part of.

Cali512
03-19-2013, 12:19 PM
How is everyone reacting to this now. All the announcers were mentioning that he did it during the game. Alot of enforcers are known for this, and its been this way for years and years. Ott gets under the skin of other teams, and he didnt do anything dirty, but he ended up drawing a penalty at a important time of the game. So how is anyone going to get pissed at that?

- - - Updated - - -

Ott has always been like this, yet a high percentage of you crazies out here said he should be captain. Ugh. Might want to re-visit that thread, he has never been captain material.

I think you just have issues with him. Hes the only player that would do anything it takes to win.

Cali512
03-19-2013, 12:23 PM
It is Darcy's fault. If the team had any talent, we wouldn't have to do punk ass **** like this to try to get a win.

Everyteam does **** like this. Or holds the puck with there glove with seconds left. Or stays on top of Gerbe so he cant get in on a rush. Etc, the NHL is the dirtiest league in professional sports, this is **** that allways happens

OpIv37
03-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Everyteam does **** like this. Or holds the puck with there glove with seconds left. Or stays on top of Gerbe so he cant get in on a rush. Etc, the NHL is the dirtiest league in professional sports, this is **** that allways happens

Sorry, but no one on this site will ever convince me that mistakes, stupidity, cheap stuff, etc is acceptable because "other players/teams did it too!" The "he did it too!" excuse expires when you graduate kindergarten.

PTI
03-19-2013, 01:48 PM
How is everyone reacting to this now. All the announcers were mentioning that he did it during the game. Alot of enforcers are known for this, and its been this way for years and years. Ott gets under the skin of other teams, and he didnt do anything dirty, but he ended up drawing a penalty at a important time of the game. So how is anyone going to get pissed at that?

- - - Updated - - -

I think you just have issues with him. Hes the only player that would do anything it takes to win.

Those out of the way intentional penalties he has taken a few games hardly are what it takes to win, they are revenge penalties that put the team in a bad spot.