PDA

View Full Version : Fitz to Tenn

Skooby
03-18-2013, 08:24 PM
2 year deal per Schef.

SpikedLemonade
03-18-2013, 08:37 PM
I am sure he will make a decent back up which is what all he should ever been here.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Bud Adams deserves this.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-18-2013, 08:39 PM
good luck to a good guy

psubills62
03-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Always a great idea for an organization to copy the Bills.

Good luck to him.

Jeff1220
03-18-2013, 08:48 PM
He should get plenty of playing time there.

Don't Panic
03-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Guesses on $$? I'd say $10 million for the 2 years.

Saratoga Slim
03-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Good for Fitz. Wish him all the best, wasn't the answer but did a lot with what he had to offer.

Meathead
03-18-2013, 09:27 PM
guarantee he starts more games than jake

Bone
03-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Watch fitz lead them to the playoffs

better days
03-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Watch fitz lead them to the playoffs

Yeah right. More likely the playoffs will be within grasp & Fitz blows it for them.

Crisis
03-18-2013, 10:17 PM
So that's Fitz, Levitre, and Wilson in Tenn right now?

Nothing says "making the playoffs" like raiding the Bills for talent.

Skooby
03-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Titans will tank of they're relying on anything from our team we let go for success.

BertSquirtgum
03-18-2013, 10:54 PM
Bad luck to a good guy. I hope he makes the Titans just as horrible as he made the Bills. He's a terrible football player.

swiper
03-19-2013, 04:28 AM

Beat me to it.

Bud Adams just another 90 year old fool (like Wilson).

RedEyE
03-19-2013, 06:08 AM
New Culture in Tenn!

trapezeus
03-19-2013, 08:05 AM
tenn will lose one additional game because of this. draft one spot ahead of us and take the next great starting qb, we will be left with another dud, or desperate RB selection because our front office didn't possibly think of a secondary scenario.

PTI
03-19-2013, 08:22 AM
tenn will lose one additional game because of this. draft one spot ahead of us and take the next great starting qb, we will be left with another dud, or desperate RB selection because our front office didn't possibly think of a secondary scenario.

Exactly what I was thinking. Wish Bills played the Titans this year though. Bills would have beat the Titans the last 2 seasons if Fitz was on the Titans.

trapezeus
03-19-2013, 08:25 AM
fitz actually would play well with us. our inability to cover aTE for the last 5-8 years means his 6 yard passes will be caught.and with no linebackers, byrd will be forced to play too low which means wildly inaccurate long balls can still be caught.

if you have a team that gets tot he QB then you get the fitz who throws 3-4 INTs a game.

ServoBillieves
03-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Good for him, I hope he does well, and wish him all the best. A good person, cared for the city and the players even if they didn't care for him.

DynaPaul
03-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Fitz is stealing from the elderly.

trapezeus
03-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Fitz is stealing from the elderly.

just like a good harvard grad.

Frenchman
03-19-2013, 04:30 PM
He will have to compete with Jake Locker for the Titans job. Wish him the best of luck. As he does sound like a great guy for an Ivy Leaguer!

better days
03-19-2013, 09:40 PM
He will have to compete with Jake Locker for the Titans job. Wish him the best of luck. As he does sound like a great guy for an Ivy Leaguer!

Fitz is NOT competing with Locker for anything. He is there as insurance in case Locker gets injured.

don137
03-20-2013, 07:05 AM
I know Fitz is a good teammate and appears to be a nice guy. However, he single handily set this franchise back a few years. He plays good and then gets a big contract and proceeds to suck. When asked for a cut to the 3MM range he says no. He could of been a decent backup and mentor but chose to do that elsewhere. I think he screwed over the Bills and Bills fans again by not reducing his contract.

trapezeus
03-20-2013, 07:53 AM
I know Fitz is a good teammate and appears to be a nice guy. However, he single handily set this franchise back a few years. He plays good and then gets a big contract and proceeds to suck. When asked for a cut to the 3MM range he says no. He could of been a decent backup and mentor but chose to do that elsewhere. I think he screwed over the Bills and Bills fans again by not reducing his contract.

i don't know. i think it's just better to cut ties with him. i think he's an affable guy and people want to win with him. they know his shortcomings, but if you get a young guy coming in and struggling, what would vets do like jackson and johnson when their guy is sitting there. and those guys aren't young anymore...they've been through rebuilds...they want to win.

while it sounds good on paper, i don't think having fitz as insurance would do you anything but preserve another 6-7 win season and miss on on tanking and getting skill and depth players.

better days
03-20-2013, 09:34 AM
i don't know. i think it's just better to cut ties with him. i think he's an affable guy and people want to win with him. they know his shortcomings, but if you get a young guy coming in and struggling, what would vets do like jackson and johnson when their guy is sitting there. and those guys aren't young anymore...they've been through rebuilds...they want to win.

while it sounds good on paper, i don't think having fitz as insurance would do you anything but preserve another 6-7 win season and miss on on tanking and getting skill and depth players.

Well, I think the Vets would realize Fitz would do no better than 6-7 Wins as well & it would not have been a problem to have him as a backup. More likely to win with a ROOKIE than with Fitz, even if the rookie struggles at first.

PTI
03-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Redskins won 5 games 2 years ago with Grossman and Beck. I keep saying you can basically fart 4 to 6 wins. You need better to go past that. Keeping Fitz did nothing to help the Bills.

BertSquirtgum
03-20-2013, 10:15 AM

Spot on. I don't understand all the "Hey there old chum, good luck in your future endeavor comments." **** him.

better days
03-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Spot on. I don't understand all the "Hey there old chum, good luck in your future endeavor comments." **** him.

Especially since he signed with the Titans. Fitz, Levitre, Wilson & that entire team can suck monkey balls.

feldspar
03-20-2013, 10:42 AM

Actually, Fitz is a very good backup...he's smart, so he should be able to help Locker a bit, I would think. Levitre would start on any team, for sure. I have nothing bad to say about George Wilson. He's only making $1.7 million this year against the cap. Dunno if they plan to start him, but they got him at a decent price. He'll contribute.

I actually wouldn't feel bad about any of these signings if I were a Titans fan.

PTI
03-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Fitz is the dumbest on the field supposedly smart guy I have ever seen play pro sports.

feldspar
03-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Fitz is the dumbest on the field supposedly smart guy I have ever seen play pro sports.

Einstein wasn't good at football, either. LOL...Fitz is a backup, though. I never thought otherwise.

I'm not a fan. Like the other poster said, he set us back YEARS.