PDA

View Full Version : First Bills Idiot Mock of the Year!

TigerJ
03-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Those of you who have been around the BillsZone know that I do this every year. I look at a lot of mock drafts. Some seem to have a good feel for the Bills and their needs, and some seem to be entirely clueless. I like to recognize those that seem to be the most clueless with the coveted Idiot Mock Award. It's been a long time coming for this year. I've seen some pretty bad mocks for the Bills, but so far they've had too many redeeming qualities to receive an award. I finally found one that measures down. I try to set the bar pretty low, and it's tough for mock drafts to be so low they can get under it. Without further introduction, the first 2013 Idiot Mock award goes to: http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2013/

This is a full 7 round mock, including the recently awarded compensatory picks. In this draft, the Bills make three defensible picks, Matt Barkley in the first, Jonathon Cooper (offensive guard) in the second, and Terrance Williams (WR) in the third. Geno Smith (my QB preference for the Bills) is already gone. Different folks have different preferences for their QB, and where Buffalo should take one (especially if Geno Smith is already gone), but at least Barkley is in the conversation at #8 overall. In the second round, since Levitre and Rinehart are gone, it's pretty easy to argue that the Bills should take a guard. In the third round Terrance Williams is a good prospect at a position of obvious need. From there it goes rapidly down hill. All the mock drafter does for the Bills for the rest of the draft is give them offensive tackles, fourth, fifth, and sixth rounds. You can argue that Chris Hairston wasn't very good last season, though I will counter that he played hurt. I'll also claim that he's likely better than anything the Bills can find from the fourth round on in the draft, not to mention the fact that Pears is still on the team and Zebrie Sanders with a year in the Bills conditioning program is also likely better than anyone Buffalo could draft on day 3 of the draft. Of course the biggest problem with this mock is that with a change in defensive schemes Buffalo does not get a single player to help with the transition; six offensive players, including four offensive linemen. Really?!

YardRat
03-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Well, if they actually go that route than they can kick Glenn, Hairston, Pears and Sanders all to the inside and the guard problem is surely solved.

Beebe
03-19-2013, 07:06 PM
LOSER, I HATE THAT MOCK.:rage::censored:

ZAZusmc03
03-19-2013, 07:12 PM
I'd rather we drafted an additional 3 QBs with our 4,5,6.

tampabay25690
03-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Good mock until the OT started

better days
03-19-2013, 09:32 PM
NO LBS at all? NO TES? 3 OTS.............the one position there is no real need.

Mouldsie
03-19-2013, 11:05 PM
I doubt Cooper is there in the 2nd round or Williams in the 3rd

jamze132
03-20-2013, 03:36 AM
That's an entire O-line! LMAO

TigerJ
03-20-2013, 06:57 AM
Good mock until the OT startedIt would not have been my favorite mock of the offseason, but it surely would not have earned my "Idiot Mock" Award.

ServoBillieves
03-20-2013, 07:04 AM
How did you find my m... I mean...

Honestly, that's not enough offensive lineman for the Bills. We need 8+

OpIv37
03-20-2013, 08:17 AM
I don't know how they could expect any team to use half their picks on the same position (especially a team with as many needs as the Bills) and still maintain a shred of credibility.

Night Train
03-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Whether we agree or disagree, it's just a mock and we'll see how things go.

Anyone that's been here for a while knows TigerJ is a top shelf poster and is just providing a discussion.

better days
03-20-2013, 09:29 AM
I don't know how they could expect any team to use half their picks on the same position (especially a team with as many needs as the Bills) and still maintain a shred of credibility.

If the position was QB instead of OT, it would have been much more credible.

Jan Reimers
03-20-2013, 09:37 AM
I don't understand taking a guard with our 2nd round pick after letting Levitre and Rinehart walk, and considering that we are pathetically thin at WR and LB.

MidnightVoice
03-20-2013, 09:46 AM

Maybe they went the BPA route :D

PTI
03-20-2013, 10:46 AM
KC and NY Giants each take 2 QBs? Ugh. Le'Veon Bell is going WAY higher. (http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/player/leveon-bell/15413/)

DraftBoy
03-20-2013, 11:03 AM
I always love these threads.

TigerJ
03-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Whether we agree or disagree, it's just a mock and we'll see how things go.

Anyone that's been here for a while knows TigerJ is a top shelf poster and is just providing a discussion.

In the end, I know they're all pretty much meaningless. Just something I do for a little fun.

The Jokeman
03-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Good mock until the OT started

I agree as although I'm not a big fan of Barkley I think we got good value from our first 3 picks in that mock and shored up are needs at QB, LG and WR quite nicely. Also I've read that Jonathan Cooper also projects as an OC prospect which might help shore up some depth in case Wood gets hurt again or moves on as an UFA next year.

BillsFever21
03-20-2013, 08:05 PM
Mock Drafts are purely entertainment but the funniest part is that some of the mock drafts over the past 5 years or so have probably been better then our actual drafts.

I remember years ago when everyone laughed at Mike Mayock's mock draft when he predicted that we would overdraft Donte Whitner at the #8 spot and it actually happened. That was a shock heard around Bills Nation that's for sure.