Gruden says Nassib the sleeper of the 2013 QB class.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kishoph
    • Jun 2003

Gruden says Nassib the sleeper of the 2013 QB class.

They just had the interview on WGR, sounds like Gruden likes Nassib, but who doesn't he like.

• The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Gruden says Nassib the sleeper of the 2013 QB class.

Mayock was preaching about Manuel yesterday too.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

Has Gruden ever seen a QB he didn't like?

Here's how he ranks QBs pretty much every year.

1. Incredible
      2. Great
      3. Very good

Comment

• PTI
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bangarang View Post
        Has Gruden ever seen a QB he didn't like?

Here's how he ranks QBs pretty much every year.

1. Incredible
        2. Great
        3. Very good
        That makes me slightly above average.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Gruden and ESPN are going to pimp every QB. It's entertainment and that's it.

For folks who watch the players actually play, you already know what they're capable of. This is why no one can turn me off of guys like Jarvis Jones. He brings it every game and would change our defense over night.
          Last edited by jamze132; 03-20-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Buddy Nix has been the sleeper of the last 2 QB drafts. Is he giving up the crown?

Comment

• Don't Panic
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
              Gruden and ESPN are going to pimp every QB. It's entertainment and that's it.

For folks who watch the players actually play, you already know what they're capable of. This is why no one can turn me off of guys like Jarvis Jones. He brings it every game and would change our defense over night.
              Agreed. I've seen enough of Jones and Ansah to know they can bring it at the next level. No QBs until the 2nd, especially if Geno is off the board, which he will be.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

He also thinks Tim Tebow is great along with many other scrubs that didn't work out. Even guys already in the league. How many losers did this guy go through at the QB position? I've lost count. If he had such a great eye for QB's and was such a great QB guru he wouldn't have had anything but bums come out of his system as a HC.

The only QB's who had any real success while he was a HC was Gannon and Brad Johnson and they were already veterans at the time. He is overrated when it comes to his opinion.

Comment

• dog14787
                  • Oct 2010

Ryan Nassib in my opinion is the perfect fit for Buffalo

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

Gruden isn't qualified to grade QBs any more than anyone else in sports broadcasting. What does he know about QBs?

Comment

• dog14787
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                      Gruden isn't qualified to grade QBs any more than anyone else in sports broadcasting. What does he know about QBs?
                      Gruden sticks to the positives when he adresses the media so he comes across to the public as liking everyone. Just a good coach, using his coaching instincts, protecting the players.

If a former playoff/ Championship Caliber HC isn't qualified to grade QB's then who is?

Comment

• Bert102176
                        • Aug 2002

EJ Manuel is gonna be the best from this class and we need to grab him in rd 2
                        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                          He also thinks Tim Tebow is great along with many other scrubs that didn't work out. Even guys already in the league. How many losers did this guy go through at the QB position? I've lost count. If he had such a great eye for QB's and was such a great QB guru he wouldn't have had anything but bums come out of his system as a HC.

The only QB's who had any real success while he was a HC was Gannon and Brad Johnson and they were already veterans at the time. He is overrated when it comes to his opinion.
                          The guy was a master at turning out league leading production, deep playoff and championship runs with QBs that would have been lucky to be average on other rosters. I think he knows something about putting QBs in a position to succeed. Gruden is one hell of a coach if anyone can talk about the positives of a player he can!

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                            The guy was a master at turning out league leading production, deep playoff and championship runs with QBs that would have been lucky to be average on other rosters. I think he knows something about putting QBs in a position to succeed. Gruden is one hell of a coach if anyone can talk about the positives of a player he can!
                            It seems everyone talks of him being able to groom QBs and develop them. Winning with a mediocre QB is one thing... Good team coaching. NOT QB grooming and tutoring.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                            It seems everyone talks of him being able to groom QBs and develop them. Winning with a mediocre QB is one thing... Good team coaching. NOT QB grooming and tutoring.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

"I got to tell you....I like this guy ALOT! I like his ability to read a defense. I like that big arm. He is going to do well."

-Gruden, on any QB that has ever played monday night or sat in his trailer.

He would literally say that about me at 5'8 at 34 yrs old as long as he knew the clip was going to air. "you know what? Trapezeus just impresses me. He's small but feisty and his ability to watch football on TV is excellent"

Comment

Working...
                              X