PDA

View Full Version : Gruden says Nassib the sleeper of the 2013 QB class.

kishoph
03-20-2013, 03:30 PM
They just had the interview on WGR, sounds like Gruden likes Nassib, but who doesn't he like.

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2013/03/espn_analyst_jon_gruden_calls.html

The King
03-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Mayock was preaching about Manuel yesterday too.

Bangarang
03-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Has Gruden ever seen a QB he didn't like?

Here's how he ranks QBs pretty much every year.

1. Incredible
2. Great
3. Very good

PTI
03-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Has Gruden ever seen a QB he didn't like?

Here's how he ranks QBs pretty much every year.

1. Incredible
2. Great
3. Very good

That makes me slightly above average.

jamze132
03-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Gruden and ESPN are going to pimp every QB. It's entertainment and that's it.

For folks who watch the players actually play, you already know what they're capable of. This is why no one can turn me off of guys like Jarvis Jones. He brings it every game and would change our defense over night.

Albany,n.y.
03-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Buddy Nix has been the sleeper of the last 2 QB drafts. Is he giving up the crown?

Don't Panic
03-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Gruden and ESPN are going to pimp every QB. It's entertainment and that's it.

For folks who watch the players actually play, you already know what they're capable of. This is why no one can turn me off of guys like Jarvis Jones. He brings it every game and would change our defense over night.

Agreed. I've seen enough of Jones and Ansah to know they can bring it at the next level. No QBs until the 2nd, especially if Geno is off the board, which he will be.

BillsFever21
03-20-2013, 07:19 PM
He also thinks Tim Tebow is great along with many other scrubs that didn't work out. Even guys already in the league. How many losers did this guy go through at the QB position? I've lost count. If he had such a great eye for QB's and was such a great QB guru he wouldn't have had anything but bums come out of his system as a HC.

The only QB's who had any real success while he was a HC was Gannon and Brad Johnson and they were already veterans at the time. He is overrated when it comes to his opinion.

Figster
03-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Ryan Nassib in my opinion is the perfect fit for Buffalo

sukie
03-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Gruden isn't qualified to grade QBs any more than anyone else in sports broadcasting. What does he know about QBs?

Figster
03-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Gruden isn't qualified to grade QBs any more than anyone else in sports broadcasting. What does he know about QBs?

Gruden sticks to the positives when he adresses the media so he comes across to the public as liking everyone. Just a good coach, using his coaching instincts, protecting the players.

If a former playoff/ Championship Caliber HC isn't qualified to grade QB's then who is?

Bert102176
03-21-2013, 01:32 PM
EJ Manuel is gonna be the best from this class and we need to grab him in rd 2

Typ0
03-21-2013, 01:50 PM
He also thinks Tim Tebow is great along with many other scrubs that didn't work out. Even guys already in the league. How many losers did this guy go through at the QB position? I've lost count. If he had such a great eye for QB's and was such a great QB guru he wouldn't have had anything but bums come out of his system as a HC.

The only QB's who had any real success while he was a HC was Gannon and Brad Johnson and they were already veterans at the time. He is overrated when it comes to his opinion.

The guy was a master at turning out league leading production, deep playoff and championship runs with QBs that would have been lucky to be average on other rosters. I think he knows something about putting QBs in a position to succeed. Gruden is one hell of a coach if anyone can talk about the positives of a player he can!

sukie
03-21-2013, 02:39 PM
The guy was a master at turning out league leading production, deep playoff and championship runs with QBs that would have been lucky to be average on other rosters. I think he knows something about putting QBs in a position to succeed. Gruden is one hell of a coach if anyone can talk about the positives of a player he can!

It seems everyone talks of him being able to groom QBs and develop them. Winning with a mediocre QB is one thing... Good team coaching. NOT QB grooming and tutoring.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems everyone talks of him being able to groom QBs and develop them. Winning with a mediocre QB is one thing... Good team coaching. NOT QB grooming and tutoring.

trapezeus
03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
"I got to tell you....I like this guy ALOT! I like his ability to read a defense. I like that big arm. He is going to do well."

-Gruden, on any QB that has ever played monday night or sat in his trailer.

He would literally say that about me at 5'8 at 34 yrs old as long as he knew the clip was going to air. "you know what? Trapezeus just impresses me. He's small but feisty and his ability to watch football on TV is excellent"

kishoph
03-21-2013, 05:40 PM
I just got done watching the NFL network and they had on Greg Cosell, the senior producer for NFL films and he said that he thinks Nassib is the best QB in the draft. Interesting that more people are starting to back Nassib, with his familiarity of what may be the Bills offense, he may be the way to go.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000152809/Cosell-rates-Nassib-higher-than-Geno-Smith

YardRat
03-21-2013, 06:34 PM
"I got to tell you....I like this guy ALOT! I like his ability to read a defense. I like that big arm. He is going to do well."

-Gruden, on any QB that has ever played monday night or sat in his trailer.

He would literally say that about me at 5'8 at 34 yrs old as long as he knew the clip was going to air. "you know what? Trapezeus just impresses me. He's small but feisty and his ability to watch football on TV is excellent"

Yeah, but Mike Mayock thinks you suck.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-21-2013, 06:44 PM
A sleeper qb for a team whose off season moves have tranquilized so many, oh well I actually like Nassib more than Barkley.

kingJofNYC
03-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Greg Cosell has him as his number 1 QB, ahead of all the rest.

Have to admit that I've only watched him play once. Wilson, EJ, G.Smith, and Barkley over half a dozen times each, more in some cases, but only 1 Nassib game (came against USC).

Figster
03-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Greg Cosell has him as his number 1 QB, ahead of all the rest.

Have to admit that I've only watched him play once. Wilson, EJ, G.Smith, and Barkley over half a dozen times each, more in some cases, but only 1 Nassib game (came against USC).

Heres some highlights of Nassib vs Missouri, in it you can see flashes of Nassibs Brady like ability/precision to find openings in the oppossing Defense and carve them up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4tdBC9OF2CE#!

justasportsfan
03-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Here's a guy who thinks Nassib is the best qb. He says Geno Smith has "slow eyes" . You guys agree?

Nassib better than Smith?
Geno Smith is highly regarded as the best quarterback in the 2013 draft, but Greg Cosell tags Ryan Nassib as the most coveted signal-caller.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000152809/Cosell-rates-Nassib-higher-than-Geno-Smith

Bill Cody
03-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Gruden likes every QB...unless he's coaching them in which case he's always looking for a replacement

trapezeus
03-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Here's a guy who thinks Nassib is the best qb. He says Geno Smith has "slow eyes" . You guys agree?

Nassib better than Smith?
Geno Smith is highly regarded as the best quarterback in the 2013 draft, but Greg Cosell tags Ryan Nassib as the most coveted signal-caller.

I just hate that GENO smith had that one huge game, and then all the other "big games" he wasn't much of anything.

Nassib looks like an indestructible body. If he knows the system and has some history playing without the best players and having mediocre results, i think he might be a guy to build with. Simply because he won't get rattled so easily when things go bad.

Geno smith has a high probility of not living up to the hype. Nassib, i think can at least turn into a servicable QB and be a back up if they really don't like him.

I am torn on this. i really don't think we should be going QB with the damage the FO has already done. I think we should just get the trenches re-established and familiar with the scheme we want to run. Because doing that won't necessarily get you wins, but it'll get everyone with the right experience. then a QB the following year will have a better chance of surviving because he'll get more time to throw, less break downs, and a defense that is more in tune with what it's trying to run.

Figster
03-22-2013, 10:10 AM
PFW has Nassib ranked as the highest Offensive player in the draft

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/12/11/pfw-2012-all-america-team

PFW is regarded as one of the most credible and accurate, if not the most, source on pro football. That's what they do and they've done it at a high level for decades.

When their consensus selected their top qb coming out of college, they could have selected Geno, Glennon, Barkley, or Manual. But, they didn't. The selected Nassib. That should count for something.

jdaltroy5
03-22-2013, 02:19 PM
EJ Manuel is gonna be the best from this class and we need to grab him in rd 2
If he's going to be the best in the class, why not take him in round one?

jdaltroy5
03-22-2013, 02:22 PM
PFW has Nassib ranked as the highest Offensive player in the draft

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/12/11/pfw-2012-all-america-team

PFW is regarded as one of the most credible and accurate, if not the most, source on pro football. That's what they do and they've done it at a high level for decades.

When their consensus selected their top qb coming out of college, they could have selected Geno, Glennon, Barkley, or Manual. But, they didn't. The selected Nassib. That should count for something.
Greg Cosell; one of the most respected journalists, also called Nassib the best QB in the class.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152748/article/ryan-nassib-is-top-qb-in-nfl-draft-greg-cosell-says

Mski
03-22-2013, 03:49 PM
If he's going to be the best in the class, why not take him in round one?
if he's the guy the team wants, they should take him at 8 and move on... forget this "reach" thing... alot of people said that about the spiller pick, and as it turns out he's one heck of a player

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2013, 04:00 PM
With this team so desperate for a QB, I would be happy to finally have one if they take Nassib at #8. I would not have any problem with it at all. Like you said, forget this "reach" thing. Take who we like and move on.

better days
03-22-2013, 04:06 PM
With this team so desperate for a QB, I would be happy to finally have one if they take Nassib at #8. I would not have any problem with it at all. Like you said, forget this "reach" thing. Take who we like and move on.

Nice to see you & others come around to my way of thinking.

Throne Logic
03-22-2013, 06:14 PM
No one in this draft is truly worth a top 10 pick. Way too much of a risk to pick any of them that high. I'd wait until round 2 or 3 before grabbing a QB. See how it works out and, if necessary, take one from next year's group.

kishoph
03-22-2013, 07:03 PM
No one in this draft is truly worth a top 10 pick. Way too much of a risk to pick any of them that high. I'd wait until round 2 or 3 before grabbing a QB. See how it works out and, if necessary, take one from next year's group.

What are the chances that the QB you have rated the highest is going to be around in round 2 or 3 when so many teams need help at the position ? Then you're just taking a QB for the sake of taking one, not the one you wanted.