PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we should draft EJ Manuel

BillsFever21
03-20-2013, 07:27 PM
We already have guys with nicknames of CJ and TJ on offense. If we had EJ then we could have the trio of them. Throw in guys like Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson and TJax and we have guys with initials of the same too.

Of course I'm just joking but I wouldn't be totally upset if we drafted Manuel. He has some talent and was the QB of my favorite college teams. With old senile Buddy in charge I wouldn't doubt it if he didn't use that reasoning in drafting him. Or Russ Brandon wanting to draft him to use as a marketing tool.

Cali512
03-20-2013, 07:32 PM
We already have guys with nicknames of CJ and TJ on offense. If we had EJ then we could have the trio of them. Throw in guys like Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson and TJax and we have guys with initials of the same too.

Of course I'm just joking but I wouldn't be totally upset if we drafted Manuel. He has some talent and was the QB of my favorite college teams. With old senile Buddy in charge I wouldn't doubt it if he didn't use that reasoning in drafting him. Or Russ Brandon wanting to draft him to use as a marketing tool.

I have to admit Buddy is turning into our version of Al Davis. Cant wait for Whaley. I just hope it doesnt turn to Doug Failey (stolen from chan) and Doug Moron, this board would get annoying.

coastal
03-20-2013, 07:33 PM
They won't draft EJ Manuel.

They'll make the safe play for Wilson or Nassib in the second.

SquishDaFish
03-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Ill take any of the top 5 QBs other than Barkley

better days
03-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Mayock now has Manuel as his #2 QB behind Geno.

Bert102176
03-21-2013, 02:00 AM
I would love for them to draft EJ he will be the best QB from this draft class.

mysticsoto
03-21-2013, 06:56 AM
EJ is my choice also. I'd take a WR in the 1st, get EJ in the 2nd and a top Guard/LB in the 3rd/4th. From there, get raw prospects at S & CB. People may not like the idea of a WR in the 1st, but if we can get a duo that are great, it takes pressure of a rookie QB, not to mention that we should be able to still implement a nice running attack w/CJ & FJ - that should help the rookie QB alot. On defense, I'm not sure what they are doing yet...they brought in Manny Lawson, which is great...if we are going 3-4. Are we? I'll be interested in watching them in Training Camp and seeing how quickly they are able to adapt. Since I perceived our Def issues to be bad coaching last year, I'm expecting better results this year.

Goobylal
03-21-2013, 07:43 AM
EJ is my choice also. I'd take a WR in the 1st, get EJ in the 2nd and a top Guard/LB in the 3rd/4th. From there, get raw prospects at S & CB. People may not like the idea of a WR in the 1st, but if we can get a duo that are great, it takes pressure of a rookie QB, not to mention that we should be able to still implement a nice running attack w/CJ & FJ - that should help the rookie QB alot. On defense, I'm not sure what they are doing yet...they brought in Manny Lawson, which is great...if we are going 3-4. Are we? I'll be interested in watching them in Training Camp and seeing how quickly they are able to adapt. Since I perceived our Def issues to be bad coaching last year, I'm expecting better results this year.
Manuel won't make it past the top half of the first round. If they think he can be the guy, they take him at 8.

ServoBillieves
03-21-2013, 07:54 AM
EJ hands of to CJ, passes to TJ, or Tjax to FredJax...

justasportsfan
03-21-2013, 08:20 AM
He is now my top choice too. I agree with Mayock that if you are going to take a chance on a weak qb class, take a risk on the most physically gifted player in this draft.

From what I gather, he's going to be a project from the neck up but then again, who isn't in this weak qb draft class?

RedEyE
03-21-2013, 08:29 AM
He has always been my top choice although I think Geno has more upside. As we are all aware, however, the chances of Geno there at 8 are slim. I'm not a Barkley fan and actualy believe he has digressed since his freshmen year. I'm not high on Wilson either. And Nassib will be lucky to end up second string somewhere. I also believe that Aaron Rodgers brother would be worthy of a 6th or 7th round pick - just because he is Aaron Rogers brother. Just my opinion of course.

EDS
03-21-2013, 08:46 AM

Sadly, that is probably more sound reasoning than Buddy uses for most of his draft picks.

mysticsoto
03-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Manuel won't make it past the top half of the first round. If they think he can be the guy, they take him at 8.

Well, 8 is a little high, but I don't think TJax is the answer, so I wouldn't be hugely upset if they did this, and went WR in the 2nd rd. Either way, we need to complement Stevie with someone worth it (tall) and have TJ Graham as the speedster.

Depending on who's available 3rd/4th would still be LB/OG.

don137
03-21-2013, 10:05 AM
WGR said he will be in Buffalo next Tuesday I believe meeting with Bills.

justasportsfan
03-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Well, 8 is a little high, but I don't think TJax is the answer, so I wouldn't be hugely upset if they did this, and went WR in the 2nd rd.

I agree. late 1st rd (trade back) I would pick EJ and wouldn't be upset with Wilson either.

TigerJ
03-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Draft EJ abd we'll be well on the way to renaming the team the Buffalo Js. There actually is a bit of buzz about the Bills interest in Manuel over at the "official" fan forum.

Bendium23
03-22-2013, 05:02 PM
I truely believe EJ is the best QB prospect in this draft. I think four years from now he will be the one "Franchize" QB that came from this draft. I would take him 8.

BillsFever21
04-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Well it looks like we did end up with the EJ, CJ, and TJ combo along with SJ and FJ.