PDA

View Full Version : Pollard gone

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Bernard Pollard signed with Titans, one year deal.

Surely we couldn't have pulled that one off.

This is total BS.

OpIv37
03-21-2013, 11:21 AM
The Nix apologists will be along shortly to remind you that FA is 5 1/2 months long.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm getting more and more disgruntled towards this team.

Why am I still rooting for this BS team? I don't even live in WNY anymore. We give and give every year and we have got NOTHING back for over a decade. My wife said it best, no one can ever call me a fair weather fan. Well, I'm not glutton for punishment either. You get disappointed so many times, one day you're going to say enough is enough.

Seriously, this hass gone on far enough. They just can't take Bills fans' loyalty for granted like this.

SpikedLemonade
03-21-2013, 11:26 AM
The Nix apologists will be along shortly to remind you that FA is 5 1/2 months long.

Those are the same homers who after the Draft will say there is plenty of talent that was undrafted and still available.

Mahdi
03-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Its obvious that the Bills are implementing a reverse philosophy.

They are going to see what they get in the draft and then fill the rest of the spots with remaining FAs and cuts that happen throughout the summer and camp.

BLeonard
03-21-2013, 11:32 AM
They just can't take Bills fans' loyalty for granted like this.

Sure they can.

As long as people keep buying tickets, merchandise, etc, what motivation do they have to change a damn thing?

-Bill

OpIv37
03-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Its obvious that the Bills are implementing a reverse philosophy.

They are going to see what they get in the draft and then fill the rest of the spots with remaining FAs and cuts that happen throughout the summer and camp.
well that's a sure-fire recipe for a two win season.

Maybe it's a necessity. Maybe we truly have to bottom out before we can finally get back on the right track. Maybe not, but either way, that's where we're headed.

OpIv37
03-21-2013, 11:38 AM

Why am I still rooting for this BS team? I don't even live in WNY anymore. We give and give every year and we have got NOTHING back for over a decade. My wife said it best, no one can ever call me a fair weather fan. Well, I'm not glutton for punishment either. You get disappointed so many times, one day you're going to say enough is enough.

Seriously, this hass gone on far enough. They just can't take Bills fans' loyalty for granted like this.

Believe me, I feel your pain. And I've said similar things before.

You root for a sports team knowing they can't win every time but expecting them to win enough to make it worthwhile. When they have no chance of winning, it starts to feel extremely pointless. My dumb ass will probably end up buying Sunday ticket again because I've threatened to skip it before and ended up getting it anyway, but it is getting harder and harder to devote my $300 and 4 months worth of Sundays to this craptacular team that doesn't seem to give a **** about the fans or winning.

RedEyE
03-21-2013, 11:47 AM

:bf1:

I took less abuse from my ex-wife and then cut her loose. I've watched less and less of this team each season through this grueling rut. I have been a fan for nearly 35 years and I have lived in the Atlanta area almost 20yrs now. Even after having moved I still used to make the home opener and at least 1 away game. 3 years ago I've dropped doing that altogether. Last year I didn't even order NFL ticket. And in the direction things are already going this season, I may decide not to even watch the NFL in 2013. Its quite depressing really. The Bills have been obsolete for so long that I find myself more and more disinterested. I've invested too much time and money over the years to just watch the franchise basically give up before the 1st kickoff. Pathetic.

SpikedLemonade
03-21-2013, 11:50 AM
well that's a sure-fire recipe for a two win season.

Maybe it's a necessity. Maybe we truly have to bottom out before we can finally get back on the right track. Maybe not, but either way, that's where we're headed.

No maybe about it.

A 2-14 or worse season is a necessity.

don137
03-21-2013, 12:16 PM
I agree. Not sure what they are thinking right now. They need to get short term and long term players. They need to get a few decent players with one or two year contracts that can fill a hole. A lot of players are signing players players to short term one year contracts cheap. I think players like it too since the cap will be much bigger next year.

trapezeus
03-21-2013, 12:29 PM

There is no organized fan response to this. that's the problem. the wilson's view the bills as an asset. they aren't independently wealthy and then got the team as a toy to make their ego's bigger. They view this as their asset and it has to perform. which means the player expenses are capped so a profit is generated every year. and since there is no guideline on front office/coaches, they won't break the bank.

None of them live here. They don't have to face the embarassment. As long as the team is in black after erie county hands over the loot, we give our season ticket money and merchandise money, and the expenses are flat, they consider it a win.

And they'll keep doing that until they hvae a big loss on their hands. And that comes in the form of an empty stadium, a walkout, something that literally embarasses them. And with a voice that says the same story. "the wilsons and the front office don't care about us with this team."

But there are too many apologists who want to gamble outliers are going to happen this year. They won't. But you can't educate blind and deaf people (apologies to hellen keller). So this is the way it will be forever.

sukie
03-21-2013, 01:13 PM
It's setup so we can get him or Keller next year. Nice!!!!! (wringing hands)

ServoBillieves
03-21-2013, 01:52 PM
So they got Pollard and Wilson.

And we have Searcy.

So who else doesn't care anymore?

Scumbag College
03-21-2013, 02:06 PM
I feel like a big dope checking billszone once a morning, afternoon, and evening hoping that the Bills brought in some competent NFL starters to start filling holes on this team. I'm not even expecting stars or pro bowlers, just NFL starters. I'm kind of feeling gullible that I care so much about them in the middle of March.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2013, 03:10 PM
We should get together and write a letter to this organization. This is unacceptable. They're doing ****ING NOTHING to even TRY to make this team better.

Buddy Nix is known to be a straight shooter. He needs to give us some answers on why the team is clearly NOT TRYING this offseason. All the BS about "some more work to do" is garbage. DUH. NO ****ING **** SHERLOCK. Tell us WHAT SPECIFICALLY you're going to do.

If I ever meet Nix, I'm not above kicking an old man in the ****ing nuts.

BLeonard
03-21-2013, 03:45 PM
So they got Pollard and Wilson.

And we have Searcy.

So who else doesn't care anymore?

They also got Levitre... And, Fitzpatrick, if you wanna count him.

Funny how the Titans have the money to pay players, yet the Bills apparently don't...

-Bill

BLeonard
03-21-2013, 03:47 PM
We should get together and write a letter to this organization. This is unacceptable. They're doing ****ING NOTHING to even TRY to make this team better.

Buddy Nix is known to be a straight shooter. He needs to give us some answers on why the team is clearly NOT TRYING this offseason. All the BS about "some more work to do" is garbage. DUH. NO ****ING **** SHERLOCK. Tell us WHAT SPECIFICALLY you're going to do.

If I ever meet Nix, I'm not above kicking an old man in the ****ing nuts.

Writing a letter wouldn't do ****...

A good percentage of fans cancelling their season tickets and not buying merchandise however, that's another story.

Also, if you wanna kick an old man in the nuts, Ralph should be your target, not Nix. He's been doing pretty much the same thing for over 50 years.

-Bill

feldspar
03-21-2013, 05:15 PM

Can you believe those people?

IMO, we should bring Aaron Williams to Strong Safety and see what he can do there. Not I new idea, but I agree with those that think this.

But, in the end, we are doomed for not signing Pollard, a reportedly troublesome player that is on his 4th team heading into his 8th year. He's only 28. He signed a 3-year extension with Baltimore last year, but he's already been released by them, saving them a whopping $1 million in cap space. The Titans gave him a one-year deal, so we'll have another shot at him next year perhaps, guaranteeing us some long-term stability at the position. They do have George Wilson behind him. Pollard also struggles mightily in coverage, where ProFootballFocus ranked him 68th among 85 qualifying safeties, but that doesn't really matter because I recognize his name.

Me? I'm just so outraged that the Bills don't sign everybody, and they certainly have the cap space to do it. A 1-year deal for this guy could have saved our season. Dammit.

This is one of those "prove yourself to get a better deal later" contracts, make no mistake. The Titans don't want to invest too much in him apparently either, but they gave up a near record-breaking amount of points on defense last year and make a one-year commitment. I'm so pissed.

YardRat
03-21-2013, 05:29 PM
LOL...too funny....

"We should tank the season for a higher draft pick..."
"Goddammit we're gonna suck if we don't start signing FA's..."

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3Cu5CklN1c4/TwxKLzhXtMI/AAAAAAAACWs/o9GmhRzcLMA/s1600/schizophrenic_sign.jpg

kingJofNYC
03-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Legit tank job, lets hope they do as poorly on the field as they do off, we can use another top 5 selection.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Well so much for wanting to be a team whom you don't **** with. Pollard would have gotten us instant respect from the Pats after he knocked a couple of them off and they wouldn't think they could get away with cheapshots anymore because we would have had an assassin. However, I completely understand why we did this. OBD has figured out how to make money off a loser and as long as our cash goes into their pockets they won't do ****. This team is going to be lucky to get to 3-13 this year.

feldspar
03-21-2013, 06:53 PM
I completely understand why we did this. OBD has figured out how to make money off a loser and as long as our cash goes into their pockets they won't do ****. This team is going to be lucky to get to 3-13 this year.

Do you also understand why the Ravens dumped him after giving him a 3-year extension last year?
Do you understand why he's going to his 4th team after only seven years?
Do you understand why the Titans only gave him a one-year deal?

If the Bills suck, it's not because they didn't sign Pollard...that's actually kinda understandable if you do some research.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Do you also understand why the Ravens dumped him after giving him a 3-year extension last year?
Do you understand why he's going to his 4th team after only seven years?
Do you understand why the Titans only gave him a one-year deal?

If the Bills suck, it's not because they didn't sign Pollard...that's actually kinda understandable if you do some research.

He's a patriot killer, the pats play in our division which means they play us twice a year. Oh and the Pats have this tendency of bullying us and taking cheap shots, and FWIW I am convinced that if they knew that we have a guy who might take out a few of their pretty boys we may stop. Quite frankly he would have been worth a one or two year deal. Of course, you are probably already buying your Bills superbowl tickets, but no this team isn't going anywhere and not signing a guy who could take out the biggest guns of our biggest foe is proof of that. As for the research, you first. Four games against the Pats and the guy has killed four Pats, that's all the research I need to do you dumbass.

OpIv37
03-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Can you believe those people?

IMO, we should bring Aaron Williams to Strong Safety and see what he can do there. Not I new idea, but I agree with those that think this.

But, in the end, we are doomed for not signing Pollard, a reportedly troublesome player that is on his 4th team heading into his 8th year. He's only 28. He signed a 3-year extension with Baltimore last year, but he's already been released by them, saving them a whopping $1 million in cap space. The Titans gave him a one-year deal, so we'll have another shot at him next year perhaps, guaranteeing us some long-term stability at the position. They do have George Wilson behind him. Pollard also struggles mightily in coverage, where ProFootballFocus ranked him 68th among 85 qualifying safeties, but that doesn't really matter because I recognize his name.

Me? I'm just so outraged that the Bills don't sign everybody, and they certainly have the cap space to do it. A 1-year deal for this guy could have saved our season. Dammit.

This is one of those "prove yourself to get a better deal later" contracts, make no mistake. The Titans don't want to invest too much in him apparently either, but they gave up a near record-breaking amount of points on defense last year and make a one-year commitment. I'm so pissed.

I never said "sign everybody." But, Nix apologists like you don't seem to realize that there is a happy medium between signing everybody and signing NOBODY. Not signing Pollard wouldn't be a big deal if we had done something to improve this team. But Nix hasn't.

6 starters lost from a sorry 6-10 team, one slightly above average guy signed. Right now, we clearly have the worst roster in the NFL. Yet, you are defending Nix for not doing anything about it.

This is a perfect example of what I mean when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity.

feldspar
03-21-2013, 11:56 PM
I never said "sign everybody." But, Nix apologists like you don't seem to realize that there is a happy medium between signing everybody and signing NOBODY. Not signing Pollard wouldn't be a big deal if we had done something to improve this team. But Nix hasn't.

6 starters lost from a sorry 6-10 team, one slightly above average guy signed. Right now, we clearly have the worst roster in the NFL. Yet, you are defending Nix for not doing anything about it.

This is a perfect example of what I mean when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity.

Who are you calling a Nix apologist? Who is defending Nix? Saying that this fan has "accepted mediocrity" kind of loses its meaning since I can't affect what goes on in the first place. If you buy the ticket, you are just as "guilty" as the next guy about accepting whatever the hell. I don't whine and ***** enough for you, is that it?

All I did was describe the real situation the team currently finds itself in the way I see it. If you want to demand that the Bills somehow defy reality, then have at it. I've told you several times what the Bills cap situation is. If you look at my describing a real situation as defending or apologizing for ANYBODY about ANYTHING, then I can't really help you. Dunno why you would assume such things. Show me where I said that Buddy Nix is great...you can't, because I really don't think I've brought him up in any way in these discussions at all today. Seriously did not bring him up, myself.

In this thread, you have a bunch of people ready to slit their own throats or somebody else's (OK, I'm exaggerating) about the Bills not signing a guy that they shouldn't sign by all indications. All the red flags are there about this guy at this time with this signing. Some people see not signing Pollard as proof of the Bills ineptitude without even considering the actual details.

Now, I'll say it again. The Bills have a lot of holes, and with their cap situation, I'd say that they currently have about enough green to sign a few more people like Manny Lawson...and that's if they choose to spend about ALL of the allowed money. Or should they blow their load on a big name? You tell me. In my opinion (without apologizing for or defending anyone), it seems like a fairly reasonable tactic for the Bills to spread that money around wisely and with an eye on the future. Also, nobody knows how the draft is going to go down at this point...even more so than usual since this a sort of a crazy draft. The Bills need to be careful about what they do and be opportunistic.