• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Pollard gone

Bernard Pollard signed with Titans, one year deal.

Surely we couldn't have pulled that one off.

This is total BS.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Pollsard gone

The Nix apologists will be along shortly to remind you that FA is 5 1/2 months long.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Pollard gone

I'm getting more and more disgruntled towards this team.

Why am I still rooting for this BS team? I don't even live in WNY anymore. We give and give every year and we have got NOTHING back for over a decade. My wife said it best, no one can ever call me a fair weather fan. Well, I'm not glutton for punishment either. You get disappointed so many times, one day you're going to say enough is enough.

Seriously, this hass gone on far enough. They just can't take Bills fans' loyalty for granted like this.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

Re: Pollsard gone

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        The Nix apologists will be along shortly to remind you that FA is 5 1/2 months long.
        Those are the same homers who after the Draft will say there is plenty of talent that was undrafted and still available.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Its obvious that the Bills are implementing a reverse philosophy.

They are going to see what they get in the draft and then fill the rest of the spots with remaining FAs and cuts that happen throughout the summer and camp.

Comment

• BLeonard
            BoB Sabermetrician
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
            They just can't take Bills fans' loyalty for granted like this.
            Sure they can.

As long as people keep buying tickets, merchandise, etc, what motivation do they have to change a damn thing?

-Bill

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
              Its obvious that the Bills are implementing a reverse philosophy.

They are going to see what they get in the draft and then fill the rest of the spots with remaining FAs and cuts that happen throughout the summer and camp.
              well that's a sure-fire recipe for a two win season.

Maybe it's a necessity. Maybe we truly have to bottom out before we can finally get back on the right track. Maybe not, but either way, that's where we're headed.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Why am I still rooting for this BS team? I don't even live in WNY anymore. We give and give every year and we have got NOTHING back for over a decade. My wife said it best, no one can ever call me a fair weather fan. Well, I'm not glutton for punishment either. You get disappointed so many times, one day you're going to say enough is enough.

Seriously, this hass gone on far enough. They just can't take Bills fans' loyalty for granted like this.
                Believe me, I feel your pain. And I've said similar things before.

You root for a sports team knowing they can't win every time but expecting them to win enough to make it worthwhile. When they have no chance of winning, it starts to feel extremely pointless. My dumb ass will probably end up buying Sunday ticket again because I've threatened to skip it before and ended up getting it anyway, but it is getting harder and harder to devote my $300 and 4 months worth of Sundays to this craptacular team that doesn't seem to give a **** about the fans or winning.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

I took less abuse from my ex-wife and then cut her loose. I've watched less and less of this team each season through this grueling rut. I have been a fan for nearly 35 years and I have lived in the Atlanta area almost 20yrs now. Even after having moved I still used to make the home opener and at least 1 away game. 3 years ago I've dropped doing that altogether. Last year I didn't even order NFL ticket. And in the direction things are already going this season, I may decide not to even watch the NFL in 2013. Its quite depressing really. The Bills have been obsolete for so long that I find myself more and more disinterested. I've invested too much time and money over the years to just watch the franchise basically give up before the 1st kickoff. Pathetic.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    well that's a sure-fire recipe for a two win season.

Maybe it's a necessity. Maybe we truly have to bottom out before we can finally get back on the right track. Maybe not, but either way, that's where we're headed.
                    No maybe about it.

A 2-14 or worse season is a necessity.

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

I agree. Not sure what they are thinking right now. They need to get short term and long term players. They need to get a few decent players with one or two year contracts that can fill a hole. A lot of players are signing players players to short term one year contracts cheap. I think players like it too since the cap will be much bigger next year.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

There is no organized fan response to this. that's the problem. the wilson's view the bills as an asset. they aren't independently wealthy and then got the team as a toy to make their ego's bigger. They view this as their asset and it has to perform. which means the player expenses are capped so a profit is generated every year. and since there is no guideline on front office/coaches, they won't break the bank.

None of them live here. They don't have to face the embarassment. As long as the team is in black after erie county hands over the loot, we give our season ticket money and merchandise money, and the expenses are flat, they consider it a win.

And they'll keep doing that until they hvae a big loss on their hands. And that comes in the form of an empty stadium, a walkout, something that literally embarasses them. And with a voice that says the same story. "the wilsons and the front office don't care about us with this team."

But there are too many apologists who want to gamble outliers are going to happen this year. They won't. But you can't educate blind and deaf people (apologies to hellen keller). So this is the way it will be forever.

Comment

• sukie
                          Seriously?
                          • Sep 2012

It's setup so we can get him or Keller next year. Nice!!!!! (wringing hands)

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Jul 2007

So they got Pollard and Wilson.

And we have Searcy.

So who else doesn't care anymore?
                            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Scumbag College
                              • Oct 2002

I feel like a big dope checking billszone once a morning, afternoon, and evening hoping that the Bills brought in some competent NFL starters to start filling holes on this team. I'm not even expecting stars or pro bowlers, just NFL starters. I'm kind of feeling gullible that I care so much about them in the middle of March.
                              Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

Working...
                              X