X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bf1
    • Oct 2010

Do we owe Jauron an apology?

Let me start by making it clear that I don't like Jauron as coach. He stinks.

But the Bills apologists reasoning has me perplexed.

They say the team is a lot more talented under Bumbling Buddy Nix, but Gailey was a horrible coach. Ok.

It that were the case, shouldn't Jauron be given extra special credit for posting better records with far less talent?

What do I think? I blame lack of talent 50% (Nix's fault) and coaching 50%. I also think the team is no better talent wise that it was when Bumbling Buddy Nix took over. Just some shuffling around.

• don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: Do we owe Jauron an apology?

No apologies. First he is not a good head coach, period. Gailey was not an upgrade. Second it was Jauron's decision to choose Maybin over Orakbo.

Nix has not done a great job either. Even worse than his drafts I think his biggest fault was putting faith in Fitzpatrick and never drafting another QB. A bad QB will expose more definiciencies since a good QB can overcome a team other weaknesses.

On a side note their sure were a lot of busts taken early in round 1 of the NFL draft like Justin Smith taken second overall by Rams, Aaron Curry taken 4th overall, Mark Sanchez, taken 6th overall by Jets, Darrius Heyward-Bey taken 7th overall by Raiders not to mention Maybin taken 11th overall.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

No. He ran a team designed not to lose.

its been his career's strategy.

**** him.

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

NO. He's made millions in an endeavor that expressly plays on people's emotions. That is the NFL, and the players', business model...
        Last edited by stuckincincy; 03-21-2013, 12:19 PM.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• bleve
          • Mar 2005

I watch the games, and I'm not a jump-off-the-cliff--kinda-guy if they lose.

But those Jauron games were borderline unwatchable.
          "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
          ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

should i consider the guy with $5.25 rich or the guy with $5 rich?

Neither would be the answer, i think.

Jauron found a middle ground of getting some compete out of players, but routinely making hte same mistakes over and over again. Gailey had some fire in his game plans, but then couldn't adapt, and couldn't manage a defense. and ultimately he fell apart and regressed.

I think buddy has been terrible. i wanted to believe he could get it done even when i remember hearing he was the selection when we were supposedly getting great news via Thurman's tweet.

I am also on record that i think Whaley has his hands in this and i don't think his "promotion" after the draft will change the course of this team's trajectory.

I really hope that the full fan revolt happens sooner than later. i would like nothing more to watch the head of the snake come off and then have the rest of these life long bills employees who contribute absolutely nothing leave for somewhere else.

but bills fans have been taking it for so long, they wouldn't even know what to do at this point.

it's very frustrating. and i don't think any of us deserve this after a season as pointless as last year.

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Here is my apology to Dick Jauron:

I'm sorry that you weren't fired sooner. I'm sorry that you were given that inexplicable extension.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Poor drafts, Club Jauron training camp, CB's playing 12 yards off the WR's on 3rd and 8, consistent inability to manage timeouts/clock/challenges- none of those things have anything to do with talent.

Does Jauron look like a better coach than Gailey? Yes- he got more wins with less talent. But, being a better coach than Gailey isn't exactly an accomplishment. It's on par with winning a fistfight against a quadriplegic.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

he should be thanking the bills for giving him another chance to be a HC when no one else did. Same goes with Chan.

Nix's mistake were not bringing in players. His mistake was choosing the wrong coach. Just like Donahoe.
                  Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-21-2013, 12:46 PM.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

I hated that 4th and 2 on the 32 mess ... but I still have to wonder what Greg Williams would do with real talent.

Comment

• PTI
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

Would love to see Jauron and Gailey on the same staff, ugh, I would have to stop watching the NFL if it every happened and whatever team that was won playoff games.

Comment

• Bert102176
                        • Aug 2002

I blame the front office more then anything it's their job to find the right coach's to find the right players. It allstarts at the top and is the trickle down effect.
                        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Since Levy left I think Gregg Williams is the only coach I regret having bagged on. I liked his no nonsense style and the defense was pretty effective during his tenure.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

Hopefully you're not talking about me. I said the Bills were marginally better. Please show where anyone said the Bills were "a lot better", Oh wait you wont because you only skew words. Quit being such a *****, I'll say it again if you need to read it again.

Comment

• tatersalad
                              • Apr 2008

I also thought he (Greg Williams) was run out a few yrs early

Comment

Working...
                              X