PDA

View Full Version : Do we owe Jauron an apology?

bf1
03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Let me start by making it clear that I don't like Jauron as coach. He stinks.

But the Bills apologists reasoning has me perplexed.

They say the team is a lot more talented under Bumbling Buddy Nix, but Gailey was a horrible coach. Ok.

It that were the case, shouldn't Jauron be given extra special credit for posting better records with far less talent?

What do I think? I blame lack of talent 50% (Nix's fault) and coaching 50%. I also think the team is no better talent wise that it was when Bumbling Buddy Nix took over. Just some shuffling around.

don137
03-21-2013, 12:11 PM
No apologies. First he is not a good head coach, period. Gailey was not an upgrade. Second it was Jauron's decision to choose Maybin over Orakbo.

Nix has not done a great job either. Even worse than his drafts I think his biggest fault was putting faith in Fitzpatrick and never drafting another QB. A bad QB will expose more definiciencies since a good QB can overcome a team other weaknesses.

On a side note their sure were a lot of busts taken early in round 1 of the NFL draft like Justin Smith taken second overall by Rams, Aaron Curry taken 4th overall, Mark Sanchez, taken 6th overall by Jets, Darrius Heyward-Bey taken 7th overall by Raiders not to mention Maybin taken 11th overall.

coastal
03-21-2013, 12:14 PM
No. He ran a team designed not to lose.

its been his career's strategy.

**** him.

stuckincincy
03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
NO. He's made millions in an endeavor that expressly plays on people's emotions. That is the NFL, and the players', business model...

bleve
03-21-2013, 12:19 PM
I watch the games, and I'm not a jump-off-the-cliff--kinda-guy if they lose.

But those Jauron games were borderline unwatchable.

trapezeus
03-21-2013, 12:24 PM
should i consider the guy with $5.25 rich or the guy with $5 rich?

Neither would be the answer, i think.

Jauron found a middle ground of getting some compete out of players, but routinely making hte same mistakes over and over again. Gailey had some fire in his game plans, but then couldn't adapt, and couldn't manage a defense. and ultimately he fell apart and regressed.

I think buddy has been terrible. i wanted to believe he could get it done even when i remember hearing he was the selection when we were supposedly getting great news via Thurman's tweet.

I am also on record that i think Whaley has his hands in this and i don't think his "promotion" after the draft will change the course of this team's trajectory.

I really hope that the full fan revolt happens sooner than later. i would like nothing more to watch the head of the snake come off and then have the rest of these life long bills employees who contribute absolutely nothing leave for somewhere else.

but bills fans have been taking it for so long, they wouldn't even know what to do at this point.

it's very frustrating. and i don't think any of us deserve this after a season as pointless as last year.

feldspar
03-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Here is my apology to Dick Jauron:

I'm sorry that you weren't fired sooner. I'm sorry that you were given that inexplicable extension.

OpIv37
03-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Poor drafts, Club Jauron training camp, CB's playing 12 yards off the WR's on 3rd and 8, consistent inability to manage timeouts/clock/challenges- none of those things have anything to do with talent.

Does Jauron look like a better coach than Gailey? Yes- he got more wins with less talent. But, being a better coach than Gailey isn't exactly an accomplishment. It's on par with winning a fistfight against a quadriplegic.

justasportsfan
03-21-2013, 12:44 PM
he should be thanking the bills for giving him another chance to be a HC when no one else did. Same goes with Chan.

Nix's mistake were not bringing in players. His mistake was choosing the wrong coach. Just like Donahoe.

Typ0
03-21-2013, 01:06 PM
I hated that 4th and 2 on the 32 mess ... but I still have to wonder what Greg Williams would do with real talent.

PTI
03-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Would love to see Jauron and Gailey on the same staff, ugh, I would have to stop watching the NFL if it every happened and whatever team that was won playoff games.

Bert102176
03-21-2013, 01:13 PM
I blame the front office more then anything it's their job to find the right coach's to find the right players. It allstarts at the top and is the trickle down effect.

RedEyE
03-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Since Levy left I think Gregg Williams is the only coach I regret having bagged on. I liked his no nonsense style and the defense was pretty effective during his tenure.

Pinkerton Security
03-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Hopefully you're not talking about me. I said the Bills were marginally better. Please show where anyone said the Bills were "a lot better", Oh wait you wont because you only skew words. Quit being such a *****, I'll say it again if you need to read it again.

tatersalad
03-21-2013, 02:03 PM
I also thought he (Greg Williams) was run out a few yrs early

kishoph
03-21-2013, 02:37 PM
You should apologize for starting this thread. :penalty:

jimmifli
03-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Jauron was capable of putting up a winning season with some luck, but he could never lead a team through the playoffs. Gailey's a decent OC that should never have been hired. Gregggg was an ******* that lost his team before the season started.

The only Bills' coach I regret seeing fired was Wade.

PS **** Chuck Dickerson.

fluteflakes
03-22-2013, 12:12 AM
Oh yea, I just LOVED watching the Bills punt on 4th and 1 on the opponents 36 every ****ing game.

D!ck can shove it, he was a terrible coach here and was rightfully fired for being so damn terrible. We should apologize to Perry Fewell for hiring Chan Gailey over him,

Generalissimus Gibby
03-22-2013, 01:31 AM
Dick was a **** coach, Chan was worse. To be fair to Dick, I'm confident that he would not have taken CJ out of the game when we were in the redzone to prevent "wearing him out" but other than that Dick wasn't much better and no he is owed no apology. The only coach I'd apologize to would be Sonofoabum Philips.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Oh yea, I just LOVED watching the Bills punt on 4th and 1 on the opponents 36 every ****ing game.

D!ck can shove it, he was a terrible coach here and was rightfully fired for being so damn terrible. We should apologize to Perry Fewell for hiring Chan Gailey over him,

Gailey punted from the opponent's 35 in a dome in overtime. That is maybe the single all-time worst punting decision I've ever seen.

Historian
03-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Jauron had one year where the injuries were just ridiculous. Of course I think a lot of that has to do with his Club Med training camps.

He was at best an 8-8 or 9-7 coach. His offenses were putrid, while his defenses were decent. Score 6 give up 10.

Gailey was an OC who had no business being promoted. One of the worst defenses in team history. Score 35, give up 42.

The person I would apologize to would be Mularkey. With better lines, he may have made the playoffs, unfortunately TD ignored the trenches, and liked to reach for skill players.

Williams was a goofball, as evidenced by his suspensions.

fluteflakes
03-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Mularkey wouldn't have lasted long, even if we built something around him. He's just not a players coach and I believe the team would have turned on him or shut him out after a couple of years. The Jags fired him because he had completely lost the team by the end of September. Not to mention his offense wouldn't have worked with a guy like Losman, he was far to controlling.

Still think we'd have made the playoffs by now if we'd have kept Perry Fewell. Think he's going to be a great HC somewhere that actually gets him talent and trusts him.

And I remember that year with tricky D!ck, didn't we have something like 22 players on IR?

Skooby
03-22-2013, 11:28 AM
If you throw a 7 of spades away on the draw & get a 7 of hearts back, where were you going to be begin with ??

They say the team is a lot more talented under Bumbling Buddy Nix, but Gailey was a horrible coach. Ok.

It that were the case, shouldn't Jauron be given extra special credit for posting better records with far less talent?

What do I think? I blame lack of talent 50% (Nix's fault) and coaching 50%. I also think the team is no better talent wise that it was when Bumbling Buddy Nix took over. Just some shuffling around.

OLDSRIP
03-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Jauron's team was the most boring football team I can remember.
For that reason alone, he owes us an apology.

Mr. Pink
03-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Jauron had one year where the injuries were just ridiculous. Of course I think a lot of that has to do with his Club Med training camps.

He was at best an 8-8 or 9-7 coach. His offenses were putrid, while his defenses were decent. Score 6 give up 10.

Gailey was an OC who had no business being promoted. One of the worst defenses in team history. Score 35, give up 42.

The person I would apologize to would be Mularkey. With better lines, he may have made the playoffs, unfortunately TD ignored the trenches, and liked to reach for skill players.

Williams was a goofball, as evidenced by his suspensions.

Mularkey would have made the playoffs if he was allowed to build on 2004 with Bledsoe instead of having Losman forced upon him.

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Dick was a **** coach, Chan was worse. To be fair to Dick, I'm confident that he would not have taken CJ out of the game when we were in the redzone to prevent "wearing him out" but other than that Dick wasn't much better and no he is owed no apology. The only coach I'd apologize to would be Sonofoabum Philips.

You may be right about the not 'wearing him out' thing but remember that Jauron had an inexplicable love affair with Anthony Thomas and took him quite a while before Fred Jackson was given a chance

feldspar
03-24-2013, 12:32 AM
Mularkey would have made the playoffs if he was allowed to build on 2004 with Bledsoe instead of having Losman forced upon him.

Maybe...maybe.

I always thought that dumping Bledsoe for Losman was a bone-headed idea, anyway. Hearing what Bledsoe had to say about Buffalo after his ousting left me not so quite a fan of his on a personal level, though.

Mularkey lasted ONE YEAR in Jacksonville as Head Coach, though. The guy is not Head Coach material IMO.

Again, your statement just speaks to the importance of having a quarterback. This is the most important thing, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

DynaPaul
03-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Wade was our last good coach. No apologies to anyone since him.

Mr. Pink
03-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Maybe...maybe.

I always thought that dumping Bledsoe for Losman was a bone-headed idea, anyway. Hearing what Bledsoe had to say about Buffalo after his ousting left me not so quite a fan of his on a personal level, though.

Mularkey lasted ONE YEAR in Jacksonville as Head Coach, though. The guy is not Head Coach material IMO.

Again, your statement just speaks to the importance of having a quarterback. This is the most important thing, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Of course it is the most important thing. Bledsoe was good enough to get a team to the playoffs and the Superbowl for that matter, we haven't had anything close since. And Bledsoe was never an elite guy.

imbondz
03-24-2013, 06:47 PM
the bills and coaches owe us an apology

Extremebillsfan247
03-24-2013, 09:39 PM

Jauron did the best he could with what he had, it just wasn't good enough. He paid the price for that. It's a production business. I fail to see what we as fans would be apologizing for.

Typ0
03-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Mularkey quit. Why does he deserve an apology?

BillsFever21
03-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Of course it is the most important thing. Bledsoe was good enough to get a team to the playoffs and the Superbowl for that matter, we haven't had anything close since. And Bledsoe was never an elite guy.

Bledsoe gave us one good year and after that he was washed up. He usually choked in the big games too like in 2004. We wouldn't have went anywhere with him had we kept him and it was time to move on. The evidence is how poorly he played in Dallas. I remember all the people predicting the Cowboys would be good after they got him and he failed. After that he faded away into retirement. He was just a name QB by that time.

fluteflakes
03-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Bledsoe gave us one good Half of a year and after that he was washed up. He usually choked in the big games too like in 2004. We wouldn't have went anywhere with him had we kept him and it was time to move on. The evidence is how poorly he played in Dallas. I remember all the people predicting the Cowboys would be good after they got him and he failed. After that he faded away into retirement. He was just a name QB by that time.

FYP