Has anyone else read Spygate the Untold Story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Strongman
    • Apr 2006

Has anyone else read Spygate the Untold Story?

It is an interesting read about Spygate scandal and how the Patriots have a system in place to cheat. If what the author says is true, it really does give them an unfair advantage.
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: Has anyone else read Spygate the Untold Story?

Originally posted by Strongman View Post
    It is an interesting read about Spygate scandal and how the Patriots have a system in place to cheat. If what the author says is true, it really does give them an unfair advantage.
    Yup, a bunch of us here have read it and anyone who hasn't I strongly recommend to. The book was backed up by a good pile of evidence and really removed the whole idea of speculation from the equation. I can't believe the NFL swept that under the rug yet suspended players and coaches from the Saints for a year for a much smaller infraction.

Comment

• Strongman
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by DevilPaul View Post
      Yup, a bunch of us here have read it and anyone who hasn't I strongly recommend to. The book was backed up by a good pile of evidence and really removed the whole idea of speculation from the equation. I can't believe the NFL swept that under the rug yet suspended players and coaches from the Saints for a year for a much smaller infraction.
      Definately. I believe the NFL took the easy way out along with all of the owners. If the Saints got hit that hard then, in fairness, The Pats should have been stripped of their Superbowl titles and Belichik along with Ernie Adams should have been banned from the league for life. Additionally, the stats Marsha accumulated during the years in question should not be counted towards any league records.

Here's an interesting website that thinks their cheating gives them an extra 2 wins every year.

Yesterday (the Saturday before Super Bowl XLII) the Boston Herald reported that a source alleged "a member of the [Patriots] video departmen...

For what it's worth, I still think they are doing something underhanded to give them an advantage.

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

They totally are. The only reason I believe that anyone agreed to let them off light is that the scandal was so damaging that it would have irrevocably damaged the NFL's reputation for life. They really had no choice but to make it seem like it was less of an infraction than it was. Belichick is still taping and Adams is still jabbering into Brady's helmet earpiece no doubt.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

i feel reading this would make me crazy
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Strongman
            • Apr 2006

Yeah, it's frustrating that they got away with it and are still probably getting away with it. In a weird sort of way though, it is comforting to know that a lot of the Pats success is due to cheating instead of just talent or being a better coached team.

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

I never thought they were winning on talent. It was clear to me from the beginning that some shenanigans were going on.

Comment

• Strongman
                • Apr 2006

Vegas is on to them too by giving them 5-1 odds on winning the Superbowl which is the best odds out of every team. There is no way they are a better team than San Fransisco or Denver so Vegas is giving themselves a handicap.

Comment

Working...
                X