• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

It's a 3 man race at QB

Just my opinion here. But we know Geno isn't falling, with OAK, JAX & AZ sitting above us one of those teams will make a move at QB if not two of them. Geno is widely considered the lead horse so consider him gone.

Barkley is the #2 consensus he's a USC guy (which comes with mixed opinions). The biggest knock on Barkley is arm strength, so why would the Bills take that challenge on, it's not a mechanics thing, it's not a mental thing, it's a skill he lacks.

That leaves Wilson, Nassib and Manuel.

NFL.com compares Wilson to Favre
    Manuel to Gabbert
    Nassib to Locker

They seem to like Dysert and Glennon more than Manuel and Nassib.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: It's a 3 man race at QB

My guess for the Bills is they plan to draft either Smith, Barkley, or Wilson at 8. That's their 3. But I could see even an outside chance of Nassib at 8.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Don't discount Scott or Bray in Rd 2 or 3.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
        My guess for the Bills is they plan to draft either Smith, Barkley, or Wilson at 8. That's their 3. But I could see even an outside chance of Nassib at 8.

if they draft ANY of those QBs at #8, this franchise will continue to be the laughingstock of football.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        Don't discount Scott or Bray in Rd 2 or 3.
        way to high for either one of them.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Geno at 8 or take your chances on what falls to the second round, none of those other guys are viable options at 8.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN View Post
            if they draft ANY of those QBs at #8, this franchise will continue to be the laughingstock of football.

- - - Updated - - -

way to high for either one of them.
            Granted, but the first round at #8 is way too high for everybody else. Buddy is going to 'reach' on a QB, it's just a matter of who and when.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mouldsie
              • Aug 2012

I think Zac Dysert is underrated in terms of media and mock drafts. I'd be more comfortable using a 4th or 5th on him than a 1st on anyone else at QB. IDK where his true value lies with NFL teams...

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

i'd rather see them take a chance on Sean Renfree in the 5th.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                  I think Zac Dysert is underrated in terms of media and mock drafts. I'd be more comfortable using a 4th or 5th on him than a 1st on anyone else at QB. IDK where his true value lies with NFL teams...
                  A key concept.

The other teams set the worth on the QB prospects, not the fans.

None of these guys should go before the late 1st round if that. But we could easily see 2 QB's taken before the #8 pick.

Just the way it is.

We see fans here pissed every year at who they take. This year may be even worse than most. I really think a QB at 8 is likely.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    Granted, but the first round at #8 is way too high for everybody else. Buddy is going to 'reach' on a QB, it's just a matter of who and when.
                    Then he must be stopped before he can reach. If it means firing him the second a QB comes off the board before #8, it must be done.

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Just my opinion here. But we know Geno isn't falling, with OAK, JAX & AZ sitting above us one of those teams will make a move at QB if not two of them. Geno is widely considered the lead horse so consider him gone.
                      ROFL. The panic has officially set in.

That leaves Wilson, Nassib and Manuel.
                      And I hope you realize those guys all suck. The ONLY qb in this draft that might last as a back-up somewhere is Geno Smith.

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                        Stop it. Zac Dysert is terribly over-rated. Way, way, way over-rated. HE sucked so bad in the Senior Bowl that he makes Trent Edwards look like Johhny Unitis. Stay far the hell away from that garbage please.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

The only QB I'd roll the dice on in this draft is Geno.

The rest have way too many question marks.

EJ Manuel while intriquing will be over drafted by someone.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                            Stop it. Zac Dysert is terribly over-rated. Way, way, way over-rated. HE sucked so bad in the Senior Bowl that he makes Trent Edwards look like Johhny Unitis. Stay far the hell away from that garbage please.
                            Underlined part: How so? 5th round grade by most.
                            Bolded: And?
                            Underline #2: Ok then.

Colin Kaepernick and Russel Wilson didnt do anything in the senior bowl. Ponder lit it up there. The practices are more important. He struggled a bit under center and in 7 on 7's and such but I liked that from all accounts he played well once he faced a defense and once the pocket collapsed and he had to make something happen. I think being able to drop back and have things go according to plan can come with time and comfort in the system. The senior bowl is hard to gauge a QB IMO other that physical ability and things of that nature. Watch him play against Ohio State, a team that totally outclasses Miami, and tell me he doesn't show some promise as a late round pick. He is never mentioned with guys like Manuel and Jones but I think he can be considered just as good of a prospect for a potentially lower draft pick.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Personally I'd say wait till Round 3 grab Tyler Bray and then add Ryan Griffin as a UDFA and go BPA every where else.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X