X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

2nd last mock im doing for this offseason

Now im basing this off of how Nix talked on the phone. He made a point that there isnt any top QB, and he said something like, i guess its top player available again. So this is my mock

Now i think we get DHB or Fred Davis locked up. I think we really want at least one weapon in FA. Davis is meeting with us Wed, and didnt he already meet with us? That usually means the contract is done, there just waiting for there own team to do a physical Wed, and then make it official.

So

Fred Davis signed

And whats this all about on Walter? "The Bengals asked Manny Lawson to rush the passer and stop the run, and he did that very well. He's not good in coverage, however."

And now this

Top 9

KC- I think theres no way KC keeps this pick, but i have to make a pick, and i think that he may be availible if they trade down only a couple spots. Luke Joeckel OT
    Jack- Dion Jordan DE
    Oak- Geno Smith QB- They seem to be very interested in Geno
    Phil- Sharrif Floyd DT- They need a DT, and Floyd is exactly what they need. A penetrator who is a disruptive force, which is what Floyd is
    Det- Eric Fisher OT- Cant argue with this
    Clev- DeMarcuss Milliner- Him and Joe Haden will be 2 shutdown corners for the future of Cleveland. Would heavely improve there team
    Az- I think its QB or OT for them. Matt Barkely is not worth it, not even if this was the 20th pick. So the next best OT, who did amazing at the combine, Lane Johnson OT. Hell be amazing for them and is one of the most athletic lineman to ever come out of the draft
    Buf- Like I said, now its BPA. I think buffalo knows that if the board ends up with Geno gone, you have to go with the player that will be the most disruptive force. Buffalo has Mario Williams who will most likely be strickly a 4-3 DE, and on our prowl defense(what its called on madden lol). Mark Anderson whos a OLB, no Arthur Moats, no Chris Kelsay, and no Shawne Merriman. We need a dominant passrusher really bad, even the packers need one with Clay Matthews. So, we get a star, Jarvis Jones. His injury is the main issue, but thats what got him to drop this far, and that should be good enough for us. If you can get a star, get him!

2nd- We needa get our QB. I keep having this gut feeling that Tyler Wilson will be the pick. But i can see Nassib more based on what our GM and coaches have said. "Tylers arm is weak" "I couldnt interview Nassib because i would wanna joke and laugh with him" (not exact lol). Then theres Nix who has a huge issue with measurables. So im just going to say Nassib/Wilson QB

3rd- Early on it seemed that Nix was very interested in USC and everyone thought, MATT BARKLEY! But it doesnt seem like Nix is to enthused about him, but if your going to watch a QB who doesnt look amazing, youll notice how good the WRs are. I think buffalo would love to get Robert Woods WR here and i think hell be available. I think this may be a player buffalo is targeting, and i can see why. He fits everything Nix wants in a WR

4th- AJ Klein ILB- I think Bradham is penciled in as a starter already. Which means it will be Sheppard vs FA/DP. Klein had some of the best production out of any ILB coming out this year, and could be a perfect fit. 6-1, 250, 4.66 speed. Good size speed, 117 tackles last year also

5th- Jeff Tuel QB- I remember reading somewhere that buffalo liked this guy alot and heres a crap shoot anyways. But i think QBs like this will be higher up, and the Kleins, and Landry Jones, may go undrafted.

6th- any guard
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • MTBillsFan
    • May 2003

Re: 2nd last mock im doing for this offseason

I like it!
    Send me some wings!

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
      Now im basing this off of how Nix talked on the phone. He made a point that there isnt any top QB, and he said something like, i guess its top player available again. So this is my mock

Now i think we get DHB or Fred Davis locked up. I think we really want at least one weapon in FA. Davis is meeting with us Wed, and didnt he already meet with us? That usually means the contract is done, there just waiting for there own team to do a physical Wed, and then make it official.

So

Fred Davis signed

And whats this all about on Walter? "The Bengals asked Manny Lawson to rush the passer and stop the run, and he did that very well. He's not good in coverage, however."

And now this

Top 9

KC- I think theres no way KC keeps this pick, but i have to make a pick, and i think that he may be availible if they trade down only a couple spots. Luke Joeckel OT
      Jack- Dion Jordan DE
      Oak- Geno Smith QB- They seem to be very interested in Geno
      Phil- Sharrif Floyd DT- They need a DT, and Floyd is exactly what they need. A penetrator who is a disruptive force, which is what Floyd is
      Det- Eric Fisher OT- Cant argue with this
      Clev- DeMarcuss Milliner- Him and Joe Haden will be 2 shutdown corners for the future of Cleveland. Would heavely improve there team
      Az- I think its QB or OT for them. Matt Barkely is not worth it, not even if this was the 20th pick. So the next best OT, who did amazing at the combine, Lane Johnson OT. Hell be amazing for them and is one of the most athletic lineman to ever come out of the draft
      Buf- Like I said, now its BPA. I think buffalo knows that if the board ends up with Geno gone, you have to go with the player that will be the most disruptive force. Buffalo has Mario Williams who will most likely be strickly a 4-3 DE, and on our prowl defense(what its called on madden lol). Mark Anderson whos a OLB, no Arthur Moats, no Chris Kelsay, and no Shawne Merriman. We need a dominant passrusher really bad, even the packers need one with Clay Matthews. So, we get a star, Jarvis Jones. His injury is the main issue, but thats what got him to drop this far, and that should be good enough for us. If you can get a star, get him!

2nd- We needa get our QB. I keep having this gut feeling that Tyler Wilson will be the pick. But i can see Nassib more based on what our GM and coaches have said. "Tylers arm is weak" "I couldnt interview Nassib because i would wanna joke and laugh with him" (not exact lol). Then theres Nix who has a huge issue with measurables. So im just going to say Nassib/Wilson QB

3rd- Early on it seemed that Nix was very interested in USC and everyone thought, MATT BARKLEY! But it doesnt seem like Nix is to enthused about him, but if your going to watch a QB who doesnt look amazing, youll notice how good the WRs are. I think buffalo would love to get Robert Woods WR here and i think hell be available. I think this may be a player buffalo is targeting, and i can see why. He fits everything Nix wants in a WR

4th- AJ Klein ILB- I think Bradham is penciled in as a starter already. Which means it will be Sheppard vs FA/DP. Klein had some of the best production out of any ILB coming out this year, and could be a perfect fit. 6-1, 250, 4.66 speed. Good size speed, 117 tackles last year also

5th- Jeff Tuel QB- I remember reading somewhere that buffalo liked this guy alot and heres a crap shoot anyways. But i think QBs like this will be higher up, and the Kleins, and Landry Jones, may go undrafted.

6th- any guard

I didnt edit it in time but i didnt mean Mark Anderson was a 4-3 OLB. I forgot to finish that sentence. What i meant was "Mark Anderson whos are only real OLB, no Arthur Moats, no Chris Kelsay, and no Shawne Merriman"
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• superbills
        • Mar 2003

Uhhh...I missed something...what happened to Arthur Moats?
        "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
        Ronald Reagan
        40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by superbills View Post
          Uhhh...I missed something...what happened to Arthur Moats?

We didnt resign him and wasnt he a FA?

Also either way it doesnt matter, Moats or no Moats, it wouldnt change anything

Comment

• superbills
            • Mar 2003

I thought he was an UFA in 2014
            "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
            Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

Your right, awe well to late now

Comment

• superbills
                • Mar 2003

LOL...no worries..just wanted to confirm I'm not losing it :) Good mock BTW...Like those picks and the philosophy
                Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

LOL...no worries..just wanted to confirm I'm not losing it :) Good mock BTW...Like those picks and the philosophy

Thanks. Id be worried as hell tho when Dallas picks, when it comes to Wilson (who i got on board by this video. Yes its just an interview but he showed alot of accountability, leadership, and understanding of his responcibility. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1icbPg7Efw ). But I dont think Jerry Jones will let it happen since hes working on an extention with Romo, and wont want the drama if hes trying to keep Romo as his QB.

But i still hate his small hands, but he may have the it factor you need, personality alone. He seems more of a Marrone guy than even Nassib.
                  Last edited by Cali512; 03-25-2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• superbills
                    • Mar 2003

Thanks. Id be worried as hell tho when Dallas picks, when it comes to Wilson (who i got on board by this video. Yes its just an interview but he showed alot of accountability, leadership, and understanding of his responcibility. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1icbPg7Efw ) Still hate his small hands, but he may have the it factor you need, personality alone. He seems more of a Marrone guy than even Nassib.
                    Indeed. That's where I could see Buffalo trading up to get their guy if they feel that Wilson is that much better than Nassib. You gotta think that Marrone wants to get a guy that he can put his stamp on and fit his style to a "T" and I'm sure that they won't want to lose that chance to a team looking for someone who, at this point, will be a backup QB.
                    Ronald Reagan

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

I like your picks for us but I disagree all the way on KC. They are going to stay where they are and take Luke. Only way they would listen for a trade is for a kings ransom which isnt going to happen

Comment

• Cali512
                        • Jan 2012

Indeed. That's where I could see Buffalo trading up to get their guy if they feel that Wilson is that much better than Nassib. You gotta think that Marrone wants to get a guy that he can put his stamp on and fit his style to a "T" and I'm sure that they won't want to lose that chance to a team looking for someone who, at this point, will be a backup QB.

Ya, I think that during the WV game, Marrone was probably thinking "wow im happy i have Nassib on my team, based on how bad Geno played". Which makes me think that Geno isnt even a huge consideration, unless theres absolutley no one. But i think there will be alot of unwillingness to draft a QB that would instantly be under so much pressure based on the expectations of being Marrones old QB. I think Marrone would like to start off fresh with a QB in the NFL. But im also not to sure about how buddy feels about Wilson.

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                          I like your picks for us but I disagree all the way on KC. They are going to stay where they are and take Luke. Only way they would listen for a trade is for a kings ransom which isnt going to happen

But lets say this. What if Philadelphia wants Geno. Jacksonville and Oakland are in there way. Jacksonville and Oakland probably wont go OT, so if they could get a 3rd for there 1st, with no risk if they trade down, why not?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

2nd- We needa get our QB. I keep having this gut feeling that Tyler Wilson will be the pick. But i can see Nassib more based on what our GM and coaches have said. "Tylers arm is weak" "

not sure what Nix really thinks of Wilsons arm but this is what he said about Wilson.
                            Bills GM Buddy Nix suggested that Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson's arm strength was affected in 2012 by taking so many hits. "My thinking was he got kind of beat up during the year," said Nix. "They didn’t have great protection for him, he took a lot of licks. From watching him at the school his arm wasn’t that strong. But the two days I’ve watched him (at the Senior Bowl), he’s got a live arm. He’s got plenty of arm." Wilson's arm strength in 2012 did seem mediocre compared to what he put on tape in 2011.
                            I am okay with Wilson, Manuel or Nassib in the 2nd. I do agree with the so called experts that 3-4 qb's will be taken in the 1st though.
                            Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-26-2013, 11:48 AM.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                              I disagree. This draft is heavy with OLinemen, their LT is under the franchise tag, they got their QB, and they are light on picks because of it. I think this might be the most reasonably priced #1 pick in years.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X