PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Bring him in. He's feeling rejected by Pittsburgh, and Balitmore. He wants to prove he has gas left in the tank. He had 6 sacks last season, his career low. How many sacks did Chris Kelsay and Mark Anderson had last year combined? 3.

We can buy some instant attitude for cheap, and take some pressure off Mario.

DO IT.

trapezeus
03-26-2013, 09:09 AM
they'll suspend him for ankle tackling tom Brady in week 3 for 15 weeks.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Then we'll be back to where we are now. No loss.

Skooby
03-26-2013, 09:25 AM
He'll lower his head on a tackle 5 times a game & cost us 5 - 15 yrd flags, which will cost us the game.

Night Train
03-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Players like him wait for contending teams to call or retire.

That's not the Bills.

coastal
03-26-2013, 09:26 AM
take some pressure off Mario:rofl:

those single teams he faced all year too much to handle?

jdaltroy5
03-26-2013, 09:29 AM
At this point in FA, I'm not looking for any stop gap vets.

I wouldn't even sign a guy over 28 years old.

justasportsfan
03-26-2013, 09:35 AM
I think bills want to go young and fast.

trapezeus
03-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Then we'll be back to where we are now. No loss.

ralph's pocketbook gets hit for a marketing amount. they count the beans and assess the extra merchandize and ticket, minus the fact he will be suspended and they will need to find another Leon Joe. The numbers have to balance, Jason. They always have to balance.

wanker from birth, wanker til death.

SquishDaFish
03-26-2013, 10:51 AM
:rofl:

Idiot

jdaltroy5
03-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Idiot
Well, he IS an idiot, but he might be an idiot with a point this time.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2013, 11:22 AM
:rofl:

Mario had 10.5 sacks last season, top 10 in the league. With an actual respectable DE on the other side, those numbers could go up a lot.

But of course if you're not a Bills fan then you wouldn't want that to happen.

jdaltroy5
03-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Mario had 10.5 sacks last season, top 10 in the league. With an actual respectable DE on the other side, those numbers could go up a lot.

I don't know how those numbers will go up a lot.

I like Mario, I really do, but every time I actually keyed in on him when I was watching the game, he was going one on one with the RDE. Sometimes, one on one with the TE.

justasportsfan
03-26-2013, 11:35 AM

every player on the defensive side of the ball underperformed under Wanny. Even Kyle Williams. Our DL right now might suffice with a decent blitzing scheme. I hope Pettine can bring it.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-26-2013, 11:35 AM
I say do it, as for not signing players over 28 years old, well that was this team's stance regarding Pat Williams and our D has not been the same since.

jdaltroy5
03-26-2013, 11:43 AM
I say do it, as for not signing players over 28 years old, well that was this team's stance regarding Pat Williams and our D has not been the same since.

Well when we let Pat go, we actually had a decent team. I believe we were coming off a 9-7 season and we had a lot of talented young players on defense. Singing vets to get you over the hump was a good idea.

Now, we're pretty much a gut job on defense and we have no QB. We'll be lucky to gut out 6 or 7 wins this year.

Signing a vet makes no sense because all you're doing is taking away playing time for young guys who might actually help us in the future.

justasportsfan
03-26-2013, 11:52 AM

Unlike DT position that Pat played , the linebacker position these days require speed with the spread and to cover TE's.

coastal
03-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Mario had 10.5 sacks last season, top 10 in the league. With an actual respectable DE on the other side, those numbers could go up a lot.what is your reasoning for this?

In my mind unless he goes unblocked, added pressure from the othe side isn't going affect his production one way or the other.

half the plays I watched, he was single teamed and never made it more than two yards into the backfield.

he could have LT opposite him and its not going to change much if anything at all.

swiper
03-26-2013, 12:10 PM
what is your reasoning for this?

In my mind unless he goes unblocked, added pressure from the othe side isn't going affect his production one way or the other.

half the plays I watched, he was single teamed and never made it more than two yards into the backfield.

he could have LT opposite him and its not going to change much if anything at all.

It's really turned out to be true what everyone said about Williams - that his sacks typically come at meaningless times in games.

swiper
03-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Bring him in. He's feeling rejected by Pittsburgh, and Balitmore. He wants to prove he has gas left in the tank. He had 6 sacks last season, his career low. How many sacks did Chris Kelsay and Mark Anderson had last year combined? 3.

We can buy some instant attitude for cheap, and take some pressure off Mario.

DO IT.

Didn't you learn anything with Morrison and Merriman?

coastal
03-26-2013, 12:15 PM
It's really turned out to be true what everyone said about Williams - that his sacks typically come at meaningless times in games.
And against linemen who have little to no business playing this league... except not everyone was saying it.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Didn't you learn anything with Morrison and Merriman?
Who the hell is Morrison? Kirk? Nobody.

Merriman was was never healthy. Just never got back to old form.

Harrison had a few injuries last year but was still effective and led his team in sacks last year. Totally different.

BillsFever21
03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
At this point in FA, I'm not looking for any stop gap vets.

I wouldn't even sign a guy over 28 years old.

Exactly. This team is going anywhere soon and I would rather have some young guys play to get some experience and see what they have. Harrison or any of the older cheaper vets isn't going to make a difference on the team this year. Unless Marone ends up as a great coach in his first year AND we get a rookie QB who plays great then this team is drafting in the Top 5 no matter what next season. Even under the best of circumstances we are a 6 or 7 win team at the very most.

Save that money to try and get Byrd extended or for some other guys that we want to keep around. This team is far from being able to even contend for an outside shot at the playoffs let alone a playoff spot even if we plug most of the holes with older vets. I would rather go with a bunch of young guys and if we do sign somebody then make sure it's somebody that will contribute for the next several years or so and not just this season.

jdaltroy5
03-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Exactly. This team is going anywhere soon and I would rather have some young guys play to get some experience and see what they have. Harrison or any of the older cheaper vets isn't going to make a difference on the team this year. Unless Marone ends up as a great coach in his first year AND we get a rookie QB who plays great then this team is drafting in the Top 5 no matter what next season. Even under the best of circumstances we are a 6 or 7 win team at the very most.

Plus, if we start signing guys like Harrison, we could very well lose any compensatory picks that are coming our way for losing Levitre.

swiper
03-26-2013, 04:54 PM

Merriman was was never healthy. Just never got back to old form.

Harrison had a few injuries last year but was still effective and led his team in sacks last year. Totally different.

ROFL. Stop embarrassing yourself.

GingerP
03-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Plus, if we start signing guys like Harrison, we could very well lose any compensatory picks that are coming our way for losing Levitre.

Only true free agents count toward the compensatory formula. Player who were cut by their old team do not effect it, so you could sign Harrison without any effect on possible compensatory picks.

Signing Manny Lawson does count, though.

jdaltroy5
03-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Only true free agents count toward the compensatory formula. Player who were cut by their old team do not effect it, so you could sign Harrison without any effect on possible compensatory picks.

Signing Manny Lawson does count, though.
Ah, didn't know that.

You learn something new everyday.

Bert102176
03-26-2013, 11:54 PM
they'll suspend him for ankle tackling tom Brady in week 3 for 15 weeks.

As long as he breaks Brady's ankle it'll be worth it

kishoph
03-27-2013, 03:30 AM
what is your reasoning for this?

I don't know what makes you think that DE's get doubled teamed all the time. Watch hi-lites from any DE in the league and see how many of their sacks come against double teams. Williams had more sacks than any Bills player since 2006 and all you want to do is ***** and moan about him.

swiper
03-27-2013, 05:54 AM
I don't know what makes you think that DE's get doubled teamed all the time. Watch hi-lites from any DE in the league and see how many of their sacks come against double teams. Williams had more sacks than any Bills player since 2006 and all you want to do is ***** and moan about him.

His point is, that if you actually watch him, play-in and play-out, he's over-rated. Your statement above is more about how bad the Bills have been, not how good Mario Williams is. In typical OBD fashion (really Ralph Wilson fashion) after years of failing at something he reacts by way overpaying to try and fix a problem (see Drew Bledsoe). Williams has more meaningless sacks in garbage time than anyone I've ever seen. So stop just looking at his sack totals. What you have is an over-paid DE that knows to pad his stats when the other players are playing at 3/4 speed. (He turns it on in games when others have turned it off).

coastal
03-27-2013, 08:04 AM
And his wrist hurts too...

swiper
03-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Exit Schoebel, insert Williams.

justasportsfan
03-27-2013, 10:13 AM

Fed Davis' friend? :idunno: