PDA

View Full Version : Is the Vince Young project dead? Your opinion..

Extremebillsfan247
03-27-2013, 09:41 AM
After failing to catch on with the Bills last year during preseason, Vince Young is still attempting to find his place in the NFL. Recent workouts at the Texas pro day drew the attention of media, scouts, and apparent "oohs, and ahhs from the crowd". Turning 30 in May 1 has to wonder if he has anything left. After letting go of Ryan Fitzpatrick, the Bills appear to be in dire need for more competition at the position with currently only 2 being on the roster in Tarvaris Jackson and Aaron Corp. Even though the Bills in all likely hood will draft a QB, it's never a bad thing to add another veteran to the roster for preseason competition purposes.

My question to the board is this, do you think it's too little too late in his career for a comeback?, and would you be okay with the Bills giving him another shot to win a spot on the roster?
Here is the article that spawned this thread from NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153988/article/vince-young-dishes-some-details-after-texas-pro-day

ServoBillieves
03-27-2013, 09:45 AM
He lost out to Tyler Thigpen.

I'll let that sink in.

better days
03-27-2013, 09:47 AM
He lost out to Tyler Thigpen.

I'll let that sink in.

He did not lose out to Thigpen with his on field play.

swiper
03-27-2013, 09:48 AM
VY - proof you need more than an arm to be a QB in the NFL.

DraftBoy
03-27-2013, 09:50 AM
He apparently looked phenomenal yesterday at Texas Pro Day.

trapezeus
03-27-2013, 10:05 AM
no thanks. it's a huge risk with almost no payoff. in his prime out of school he played very well carrying a titans team on his back...but then he wanted credit for it, special treatment, bigger than life view, and two years later he was on suicide watch and not a very good qb.

i'm fine with him turning it around and being awesome somewhere else, or being on the 9er's for insurance in a SB run. but i don't think he has the skills to take a bad team on his back again and make it sustainable.

fluteflakes
03-27-2013, 10:06 AM
No, as long as a player has talent they'll always be able to find a job. I'm sure somebody will sign him. I don't know if it'll last long, but he'll have a job, most likely after the draft.

Mski
03-27-2013, 10:08 AM
No, as long as a player has talent they'll always be able to find a job. I'm sure somebody will sign him. I don't know if it'll last long, but he'll have a job, most likely after the draft.
thats why he latched on with someone last year after the bills cut him :shakeno:

IlluminatusUIUC
03-27-2013, 10:09 AM
no thanks. it's a huge risk with almost no payoff. in his prime out of school he played very well carrying a titans team on his back...but then he wanted credit for it, special treatment, bigger than life view, and two years later he was on suicide watch and not a very good qb.

i'm fine with him turning it around and being awesome somewhere else, or being on the 9er's for insurance in a SB run. but i don't think he has the skills to take a bad team on his back again and make it sustainable.

I'm not really for signing him either, but what's the risk? The last time we signed him, we just dumped him before the season with no skin off our backs.

justasportsfan
03-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Tjax, Young and EJ Manuel at camp . All mobile qb's. :brace:

I wonder if Young can run the no huddle though

better days
03-27-2013, 10:16 AM
thats why he latched on with someone last year after the bills cut him :shakeno:

When the Bills cut him last year, teams were already set at the QB position & Young had personal problems to work out.

I would be all for giving him a shot in TC. NO risk, potential reward. He could be a better option than TJAX.

ticatfan
03-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Rumour has it both he and pat white will end up in the CFL.

Mr. Pink
03-27-2013, 11:43 AM
We shouldn't have cut him to begin with.

mikemac2001
03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Was its chan call to get rid of him....look what he did last year forced Fitzpatrick to play and didnt even give tjax a chance.

i have no problem bringing him back and let a new coach take a shot at him

trapezeus
03-27-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm not really for signing him either, but what's the risk? The last time we signed him, we just dumped him before the season with no skin off our backs.

but do you see vince young as a 3 year project to deal with a bad bills team now....and if you believe the bills front office can actually help find talent in droves....will want to be your qb as you get to the finish line of 3years of being allowed to be bad to mediocre?

i don't. so i don't seethe point. roll with what you got this year, suck agian and pick a qb again in the first round, keeping a middling seasoned qb probably gets your right back into the horrible part of 4-7 wins.

Pinkerton Security
03-27-2013, 02:57 PM
the VY project was over as soon as he was drafted.

stuckincincy
03-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Bad move to consider Young. NFL players are concerned first and foremost about their $. A good number qualify as clinical narcissists. Why bring him in to perturb the gravy train? :deadhorse

Figster
03-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Myself personally,VY won the backup job over Thigpen just to get sent packing.

If you think about it Trent won the starting job over Fitz just to get sent packing.

I mean I know the guy wants to play, but why in the world would Young want to waste his time here again...

kishoph
03-27-2013, 06:21 PM
I don't think he was cut because he didn't have the skill, I thought I read he was cut because of problems with him doing something that was not related to his play/skill.