• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Matt Barkleys Pro Day - Meh

Watched him live on NFLN. Short, scripted throws OK. Decent velocity. 20-30 yards downfield, he was so-so. Some nice ones but shorted several throws. Behind on a few deeper slants. Mayock says the ball wobbled. Workout was outside with a slight breeze.

Doesn't look like an option at #8 to me at all. Just my opinion. Looks more like a 2nd rounder to me. He didn't look elite at all.

Mayock said Geno Smith and Manuel have some zip on their throws that Barkley lacks. Personally, I'm putting a line right through his name.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Matt Barkleys Pro Day - Meh

Sounds bad. 8 is also too high for Nassib and Wilson, both of whom I like.

Guess we'll take BPA at 8 and see who falls to us in the 2nd. The sucky part is, there's now a whole day before the 2nd round so teams have a ton of time wheeling and dealing to get in front of us.

Comment

• Night Train
      • Jul 2005

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I think he'll probably end up being a decent pro QB, and I wouldn't mind if he ended up as a Bill, but it sounds to me like he's a significant reach at #8. I just don't think Nix is inclined too reach that far, nor do I think he should. Trade down if they can and take the QB you like the most between Nassib, Barkley, Manuel and maybe Wilson. If you can't do that, you have to hope your guy is left at 41. Then, of course, there's Matt Scott.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

I've been saying USC Bust for Barkley for a while. I don't want him at all!

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
            Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
            • Feb 2013

do we really want this guy??? Bills and So. Cal QB's don't mix Rob Johnson, Trent Edwards! I'm sorry I just had to bring it up

Comment

• Night Train
              • Jul 2005

I can still hear Polian talking at the Combine about Barkley. Said he had the skill set of a backup, when watching tape.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Don't forget about how injury prone he is.... Rob Johnson part II.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  I can still hear Polian talking at the Combine about Barkley. Said he had the skill set of a backup, when watching tape.
                  Personally, I feel like the whole class looks inconsistent.

But so did Dalton, Keap, Wilson, and Ponder. I think it's just so tough to judge.

I don't think he has any less chance to become a playoff QB than about 4 other QB's in this draft. But he also doesn't have any more chance either. I rank him 2nd out of the QB prospects.

I could see him becoming a Dalton/Kaep/Ponder as far as success. But he's by no means a Luck and none of them are.

Comment

• Night Train
                    • Jul 2005

Previous reports that only Whaley planned on attending the USC pro day. This today from Rob Rang at CBS Sports.

The Buffalo Bills, an organization that has been quite transparent in its plans to draft a quarterback, were conspicuously absent from the workout.

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Quite transparent?

about the draft?

Nix is still employed why exactly?

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                        Previous reports that only Whaley planned on attending the USC pro day. This today from Rob Rang at CBS Sports.

The Buffalo Bills, an organization that has been quite transparent in its plans to draft a quarterback, were conspicuously absent from the workout.
                        Whaley was there.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

Manuel is raw and will take a year or two to develop but that's who I want the Bills to draft. If they think they need to draft him at 8 then so be it.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                            Personally, I feel like the whole class looks inconsistent.

But so did Dalton, Keap, Wilson, and Ponder. I think it's just so tough to judge.

Credibility lost.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

I worry that Barlkey could be the next Jimmy Clausen. Lots of hoopla about him going into and throughout college but just does not have it to make it as a pro.

Comment

Working...
                              X