PDA

View Full Version : Browns sign Campbell - McCoy on the block

The King
03-28-2013, 09:06 AM
The Browns have signed Campbell to compete with Weeden for the starting job in Cleveland. Leaving Colt McCoy as the odd man out.

The Browns brass had said they will not cut McCoy but will listen to offers for their former starter.

I bet he's cut before the season starts.

Don't Panic
03-28-2013, 09:51 AM
I am mildly interested... not as a permanent fix but as a hedge on having to feel forced to do something at QB in the draft in the first two rounds. If they're not going to cut him, they're probably looking for a mid-level pick. The best I think I'd be willing to go is a 5th. Remember... he was the next Drew Brees before Nassib was. Is Nassib 3-4 rounds better than McCoy, especially with a couple years in the league under his belt?

better days
03-28-2013, 09:56 AM
After he is cut, I would not mind bringing him in on the cheap to compete, but I would not trade even a 6th for him.

jamze132
03-28-2013, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't trade a bag of donkey dicks for Colt "lil' hands" McCoy.

Mr. Pink
03-28-2013, 10:19 AM
He'll have difficulty finding a job anywhere after Cleveland cuts him.

No one will trade for him.

He has no arm, gets rattled and basically isn't an NFL caliber QB.

Don't Panic
03-28-2013, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't trade a bag of donkey dicks for Colt "lil' hands" McCoy.

Well, we know how you like donkey dicks and big hands, so that makes quite a bit of sense!

streetkings01
03-28-2013, 12:31 PM
I'd give him a look if he were cut. I remember the year he was drafted alot of people in the NFL felt he could be a starting QB in a west coast offense only. Since we're running a west coast offense he'd be worth a look.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-28-2013, 03:15 PM
I'd give him a look if he were cut. I remember the year he was drafted alot of people in the NFL felt he could be a starting QB in a west coast offense only. Since we're running a west coast offense he'd be worth a look.

I disagree, I think he would have had his best shot running Gailey's horizontal spread, which wasn't far removed from what he was running at Texas. Under Marrone I don't know if he's the guy, but I will take anyone as a developmental guy for cheap if they are as accurate as he can be.

Night Train
03-28-2013, 03:16 PM
The CFL is calling. He is NOT an NFL QB.

fluteflakes
03-28-2013, 03:55 PM
He's terrified of throwing deep and doesn't have an arm. We just got rid of a guy like that, pass.