PDA

View Full Version : McShay's Latest Mock

Don't Panic
03-28-2013, 02:18 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9098648/2013-nfl-draft-todd-mcshay-two-round-mock-draft

It's Insider... has us going Warmack in the 1st, Nassib in the 2nd. Here's a clip of what he says about Warmack: "Warmack is one of the most complete guards I've ever evaluated. He is big, strong and nasty, and is an easy mover in pass protection. He's the rare guard worthy of a top-10 pick."

I'm warming heavily to Warmack in the 1st if Geno, Joeckel, Fisher and the top pass rushers are gone. Nassib in the 2nd would make many around here happy.

SquishDaFish
03-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Love it

justasportsfan
03-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Nix waited til the 2nd round last year to grab a badly needed LT and now he's going to use a 1st rd. on a G? I don't think so.

He might as well grab an LT in the 1st and move Glenn to guard.

Mahdi
03-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Won't happen. That is a luxury pick for a team that is set in critical positions like pass rusher, QB, CB, WR.

There are other good guards in this draft anyway.

better days
03-28-2013, 02:30 PM
And there are many reports that the Jets are high on Nassib & would like to draft him so it is DOUBTFUL Nassib will be available at #41.

Don't Panic
03-28-2013, 02:51 PM
I don't know... Warmack would plug the gaping hole on our O Line and maintain our high level of OL play, which is a nice thing to have set before you go working on "skill" positions. I want a QB too, but not any cost. I agree that waiting on Nassib in the 2nd is a gamble. Not sure I agree that its not one worth taking.

better days
03-28-2013, 03:07 PM
I don't know... Warmack would plug the gaping hole on our O Line and maintain our high level of OL play, which is a nice thing to have set before you go working on "skill" positions. I want a QB too, but not any cost. I agree that waiting on Nassib in the 2nd is a gamble. Not sure I agree that its not one worth taking.

I have been told you don't pay a Guard a lot of money. If the #8 pick in the draft plays well, he will want to be PAID as a TOP 10 pick when his Rookie contract is finished so we will lose Wormack like we lost Levitre.

I would rather use the #8 pick on a QB. All GOOD QBs get paid anyway no matter where they are drafted after the rookie contract is finished.

Night Train
03-28-2013, 03:09 PM
If the Bills are actually looking at Flynn, Kolb ( so I heard ) and maybe more, then I'm starting to think they won't pick a QB high. I know about all the posturing,lying this time of year as much as anyone but I keep watching these QB's and don't believe any are worth it at #8.

2nd, 3rd round looks far smarter. Get actual good players in Round 1 instead of a leap of pure faith. Develop someone who needs the work instead of ruining them right out of the gate. See Losman.

better days
03-28-2013, 03:54 PM
If the Bills are actually looking at Flynn, Kolb ( so I heard ) and maybe more, then I'm starting to think they won't pick a QB high. I know about all the posturing,lying this time of year as much as anyone but I keep watching these QB's and don't believe any are worth it at #8.

2nd, 3rd round looks far smarter. Get actual good players in Round 1 instead of a leap of pure faith. Develop someone who needs the work instead of ruining them right out of the gate. See Losman.

If the Bills could get Kolb or Flynn, I would be fine with waiting until the 2nd rnd to draft a QB.

SABURZFAN
03-28-2013, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't complain if Warmack and Nassib were the first two picks. Warmack would be a Day 1 starter. that's what this team needs.

coastal
03-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Finally some sanity.

clumping platelets
03-28-2013, 06:17 PM
I've been saying Warmack for a month

better days
03-29-2013, 12:14 PM

And I have been saying the Bills won't draft a Guard with a top 10 pick for a month.

Bill Cody
03-29-2013, 12:29 PM

It's an odd name to say for a month. How's it going?

cell phone call: "what are you up to Clump?"

Clump: "Warmack"

cell phone call: "what?"

Bill Cody
03-29-2013, 12:31 PM
I have been told you don't pay a Guard a lot of money.

Beyonce does

Ed
03-29-2013, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't mind Warmack, but I think we could still get him if we traded back. Honestly, unless Geno Smith is there at #8 my first choice will always be to trade back if possible.

Crisis
03-29-2013, 02:21 PM
If we let Levitre walk just to draft a ****ing guard in the top 10 I'm going to be livid.

more cowbell
03-29-2013, 02:23 PM
so when Warmack becomes an all-pro we can just let him WALK in free agency because hes "just a guard" and we won't want to pay him despite having more than enough cap room?

Can't understand why this team hasn't been relevant in over a decade...

gr8slayer
03-29-2013, 06:23 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9098648/2013-nfl-draft-todd-mcshay-two-round-mock-draft

It's Insider... has us going Warmack in the 1st, Nassib in the 2nd. Here's a clip of what he says about Warmack: "Warmack is one of the most complete guards I've ever evaluated. He is big, strong and nasty, and is an easy mover in pass protection. He's the rare guard worthy of a top-10 pick."

I'm warming heavily to Warmack in the 1st if Geno, Joeckel, Fisher and the top pass rushers are gone. Nassib in the 2nd would make many around here happy.

I want Warmack.

BLeonard
03-29-2013, 06:44 PM
If we let Levitre walk just to draft a ****ing guard in the top 10 I'm going to be livid.

so when Warmack becomes an all-pro we can just let him WALK in free agency because hes "just a guard" and we won't want to pay him despite having more than enough cap room?

Can't understand why this team hasn't been relevant in over a decade...

These two post highlight precisely what's wrong with the Buffalo Bills (and some of their fans) over the past decade or so.

1. Player comes to the end of his contract and wants paid. Some Bills fans say "He's not worth that much."
2. Player leaves, getting paid elsewhere. Some Bills fans say "(Insert position) are a dime a dozen. Besides, we haave good backups who can start."
3. Projected starter replacing the departed starter leaves via Free Agency. Some Bills fans say "No biggie, we'll just get a free agent and plug him right into the lineup.
4. It becomes obvious that the Bills aren't going to address position(s) via free agency. Some Bills fans say "We'll just draft one with our first round pick and he'll be a superstar. We'll get him cheap, since it'll be on a rookie contract."

3-4 years later, repeat step one.

-Bill

Raptor
03-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Zero chance of that happening

I mean a team would have to be completely ******ed to take an OG in the top 10.

The Bills dont, and they shouldnt, value a position such as OG that high

Raptor
03-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Finally some sanity.

I bet you do

Wonder if Warmack will get his ass handed to him all training camp like your cant miss lover boy did last year...

- - - Updated - - -

and for the record J.Cooper will be the better NFL OG and it wont be close

jwenger
03-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Did you ever see Bama play this year?? Warmack is a man among boys.
He was the most NFL ready athlete at this years combine. But I know it
won't be Warmack that gets his ass handed to him at training camp.

TigerJ
03-31-2013, 07:01 PM
I can't warm up to Wamack. It's nothing against Warmack. I just don't think it's good strategy for a team with lots of needs.

SCBILLFAN1
04-01-2013, 02:43 PM
All due respect to Levitre. He was durable. He played all positions and played ok. He was not a dominant guard. A good guard but not dominant.
Marrone is an ex NFL lineman and I'm sure he knows what kind of guys he wants up front.
I still agree that Warmack is a reach at 8 but would like to see him or Cooper in a Bills uniform.

trapezeus
04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
i'm all for giving mediocred QB's time in the pocket. even mediocre qb's can be good when given time. especially when they are young. if they are hit routinely early, they lose their nerve.

i'd rather trust OL and LB choice to help an accurate passer who isn't peyton or rodgers learn and get comfortable with the complex scheme of a new offense.

giving him a shiny car like a receiver or getting the qb, isn't going to be very inspiring.

SABURZFAN
04-01-2013, 03:49 PM

me too.....

better days
04-01-2013, 04:02 PM
i'm all for giving mediocred QB's time in the pocket. even mediocre qb's can be good when given time. especially when they are young. if they are hit routinely early, they lose their nerve.

i'd rather trust OL and LB choice to help an accurate passer who isn't peyton or rodgers learn and get comfortable with the complex scheme of a new offense.

giving him a shiny car like a receiver or getting the qb, isn't going to be very inspiring.

Levitre was picked in the 2nd rnd. #51 in the draft. It would be STUPID to draft a guard in the top 10 especially when they will not pay him when his rookie contract is up.

bigbry
04-01-2013, 04:52 PM

Soooo, your new screen name would be Livid Crisis.....

Mike
04-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Love it

WHY? If he pans out, then what? In 3 years we have yet another top Guard who is not worth paying top $$$ and will have to draft his replacement. IF the Guard position is not valuable enough so that it is better to let a top guard go in FA then surely dont ever draft one with a top 10 pick.

better days
04-01-2013, 11:48 PM
WHY? If he pans out, then what? In 3 years we have yet another top Guard who is not worth paying top $$$ and will have to draft his replacement. IF the Guard position is not valuable enough so that it is better to let a top guard go in FA then surely dont ever draft one with a top 10 pick.

EXACTLY.