X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Get Kolb. Hes a proven Tyler Wilson

The biggest thing i keep seeing on Tyler is, toughness. Right now at OBD we have probably the toughest QB in the NFL. Was 4-1 with wins vs Sea and NE, and even Mia (who we suck lately versus). He was sacked in 2 games 8+ times, and won one of those games with 324 yds, 3 TDs, and 2 ints, the week after lost 17-3 but was hit if i remember over 26 times, with 9 sacks. He still didnt throw a int, and had 289 yds. If you watched the game it was insane how bad arizonas OL was. Literally every single play he was hit, but he still stood in there and made throws. He didnt go into a shell or panic, he kept his cool every single play. It was one of the most impressive games ive ever seen. For any other QB, Tom Brady, Manning, ect. They would of thrown multiple INTs, and been blown out. I cant name a QB that wouldnt throw a int in that game, unless they went to captain checkdown which Kolb amazingly didnt do. His stats last year were in 5 1/2 games. 8 TDs, 3 ints, 1169 yds, 59.6 cpt, and was sacked 27 times. He was sacked every 7 passing attempts! He has alot of fire and passion when he plays and hes one of the most intense QBs ive ever seen. I made a post about him a few months back, but i really think he could end up being a very good QB. Hes done nothing to prove he cant.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • PTI
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Re: Get Kolb. Hes a proven Tyler Wilson

I think Kolb can still play, he is superior to Fitz, but that isn't saying much at all.

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

No.

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by PTI View Post
        I think Kolb can still play, he is superior to Fitz, but that isn't saying much at all.

I think his cieling is just as high as every QB but Geno in the draft

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bangarang View Post
        No.

Did you even watch Kevin Kolb, like ever?
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

This is exactly what I mean when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity. The only people who think Kolb is "proven" are people whose team hasn't had a QB in 15+ years.

The guy is Rob Johnson.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            This is exactly what I mean when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity. The only people who think Kolb is "proven" are people whose team hasn't had a QB in 15+ years.

The guy is Rob Johnson.

Omg dude will you please shut up for once. What in the **** will make you happy? Youve *****ed at Barkley, Geno, Nassib, Wilson, Kolb, Flynn, ect. You act like were accepting mediocre QBs, but there all freak mediocre. Is there any player in the nfl that you even like? God you act like your some intelligent guy because you talk **** about every single move we do, or idea fans have, yet you never go out on a limb and actually specify players youd want us to get. You do it so no one can use **** against you, but then that means your just here to troll. How about you give some players you actually would like, and stick with them, and not act like the bills are able to trade a 7th for Tom Brady but just wont because we dont wanna win. You realize Kolb is the best available player right now for QB? Youd be stupid to argue with me about that, and in the draft youve already complained about everyone else so gtf over it, Kolb is the best QB in FA. If he woulda entered day 1 he woulda been the best outside of Flacco.

And dont twist my words, it makes you look like an idiot. "i really think he could end up being a very good QB. Hes done nothing to prove he cant"

That does not mean im saying hes proven. Its saying that hes done nothing for me to think he cant be a good player. Those are 2 different things bro

Comment

• Bangarang
              • Sep 2010

This thread is going places.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                yet you never go out on a limb and actually specify players youd want us to get. You do it so no one can use **** against you,

Yes which is why I respect a poster like Coastal and his 5 card studs. 5 picks every year just before the draft and he stands behind them

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                  Omg dude will you please shut up for once. What in the **** will make you happy? Youve *****ed at Barkley, Geno, Nassib, Wilson, Kolb, Flynn, ect. You act like were accepting mediocre QBs, but there all freak mediocre. Is there any player in the nfl that you even like? God you act like your some intelligent guy because you talk **** about every single move we do, or idea fans have, yet you never go out on a limb and actually specify players youd want us to get. You do it so no one can use **** against you, but then that means your just here to troll. How about you give some players you actually would like, and stick with them, and not act like the bills are able to trade a 7th for Tom Brady but just wont because we dont wanna win. You realize Kolb is the best available player right now for QB? Youd be stupid to argue with me about that, and in the draft youve already complained about everyone else so gtf over it, Kolb is the best QB in FA. If he woulda entered day 1 he woulda been the best outside of Flacco.

And dont twist my words, it makes you look like an idiot. "i really think he could end up being a very good QB. Hes done nothing to prove he cant"

That does not mean im saying hes proven. Its saying that hes done nothing for me to think he cant be a good player. Those are 2 different things bro
                  Your title says he's a "proven Tyler Wilson" but now you are saying he's not proven. Make up your mind. And I don't like any of the QB's you mentioned because they are all mediocre. It doesn't mean I don't like any player in the NFL. The reality is that there are no QB's available right now who aren't mediocre. It sucks, but it's the reality.

And don't attack my intelligence or accuse me of being a troll because you said something stupid and I called you out on it. Yeah, I criticize most of the moves this team makes. And guess what? Most of them are bad moves. deal with it
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• fluteflakes
                    • Jan 2013

I personally think your doing a disservice to Tyler Wilson by comparing him to Kevin Kolb. They're really nothing alike as QB's.

Kolb's never had sustained success and, this is the MOST important thing and the key differential between himself and Wilson. He's made of glass, his ribs are hurt or broken almost every season. And he heals excruciatingly slowly, he had an injury that should have healed in 5 weeks last season that kept him out for the rest of the year. I don't want to bring a guy in where I have to worry about him being out for the season because of one bad hit.

Not to mention he's another stop gap journeyman and **** THAT. We've had enough failure bringing in other peoples garbage, you CAN'T FIX EVERY CRAPPY PLAYER. Take a chance and draft a guy at least, but don't bring in Kolb because he's "more proven" than any of the QB's in this years draft.

Comment

• mjt328
                      • May 2011

Proven? Kolb was given a chance with the Cardinals to prove he was a starter in this league.

He failed miserably.

I was on an Arizona message board a few weeks ago, where fans were kicking around the idea of "upgrading" by signing Fitzpatrick.

Listen, I'm all for exploring different options to get better at QB. We've done the safe thing and sat back on our hands. It didn't work.
                      But there is no point going with re-treads that failed badly somewhere else. Guys like Kolb, Cassel, Tarvaris Jackson had opportunities and didn't capitalize.

In my opinion, I would prefer going after one of the top prospects in this draft. But if we want to take a chance at somone like Matt Flynn or Ryan Mallett (young talent that hasn't gotten a real chance under center) - then I won't be upset if they take that risk.
                      2013 "My Should Have" Draft
                      Posted During the 2013 Draft
                      1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
                      2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                      2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
                      3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
                      4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
                      5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
                      6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
                      7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
                      1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
                      2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                      2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
                      3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
                      4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
                      5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
                      6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
                      7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• ThunderGun
                        • Dec 2011

I wouldn't hate Kolb....mainly because it may keep us from reaching on a scrub at 8, but it wouldn't keep us from drafting a guy in rounds 2-4. He'd come pretty cheaply. If we draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd, and he looks good, we aren't committed to starting Kolb because we just gave him a big contract, and we won't be afraid to cut him next year because of a big cap hit.

I don't think he's very good....but he's probably the best of the Free Agent QB's left.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

If Kolb was any good he wouldn't be looking for work

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

You have to be kidding me. If Kolb was any good then there isn't a chance that Arizona would've released him just a couple years after trading a couple high draft picks for him.

Sure he has had some good games but any QB does especially in today's NFL. The guy can't stay healthy for more then 5 games or so at a time if he's lucky. It's not just in Arizona either. Even when he was with the Eagles he would get injured after playing a game or two. The guy is just fragile and nothing is going to change that. He would be alright as a backup but you would seriously want to put all your cards on the table for Kolb being the starter?

There isn't any QB that is worth a damn if they have trouble even making it through half of the season before ending up injured or on IR for the rest of the season. If it was a great QB then it might be worth that chance but not for an average one. I figured the Kevin Kolb fanatics would be gone by now after his stint in Arizona as the starter. I remember all the people who wanted to give up to a 1st round pick to trade for him a couple years ago. I'm glad that didn't happen.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
                              If Kolb was any good he wouldn't be looking for work
                              Exactly the point I just stated. He wouldn't even have been released in the first place let alone still looking for a job. In a QB driven league he would've been snatched up long before now by somebody after being released by Arizona. Do you think if a top QB ended up on the market they would still be sitting there as a free agent three weeks after free agency began? Not a chance in hell.

He will find a backup job somewhere since he is a veteran that can give you some good games and wins and I would take him as a backup in a heartbeat as opposed to TJax. That is about all he is worth since he would be lucky to make it through the several games he was filling in for without being injured himself.

Comment

Working...
                              X