PDA

View Full Version : Get Kolb. Hes a proven Tyler Wilson

Cali512
03-28-2013, 07:30 PM
The biggest thing i keep seeing on Tyler is, toughness. Right now at OBD we have probably the toughest QB in the NFL. Was 4-1 with wins vs Sea and NE, and even Mia (who we suck lately versus). He was sacked in 2 games 8+ times, and won one of those games with 324 yds, 3 TDs, and 2 ints, the week after lost 17-3 but was hit if i remember over 26 times, with 9 sacks. He still didnt throw a int, and had 289 yds. If you watched the game it was insane how bad arizonas OL was. Literally every single play he was hit, but he still stood in there and made throws. He didnt go into a shell or panic, he kept his cool every single play. It was one of the most impressive games ive ever seen. For any other QB, Tom Brady, Manning, ect. They would of thrown multiple INTs, and been blown out. I cant name a QB that wouldnt throw a int in that game, unless they went to captain checkdown which Kolb amazingly didnt do. His stats last year were in 5 1/2 games. 8 TDs, 3 ints, 1169 yds, 59.6 cpt, and was sacked 27 times. He was sacked every 7 passing attempts! He has alot of fire and passion when he plays and hes one of the most intense QBs ive ever seen. I made a post about him a few months back, but i really think he could end up being a very good QB. Hes done nothing to prove he cant.

PTI
03-28-2013, 07:45 PM
I think Kolb can still play, he is superior to Fitz, but that isn't saying much at all.

Bangarang
03-28-2013, 07:47 PM
No.

Cali512
03-28-2013, 07:47 PM
I think Kolb can still play, he is superior to Fitz, but that isn't saying much at all.

I think his cieling is just as high as every QB but Geno in the draft

- - - Updated - - -

No.

Did you even watch Kevin Kolb, like ever?

OpIv37
03-28-2013, 08:47 PM
This is exactly what I mean when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity. The only people who think Kolb is "proven" are people whose team hasn't had a QB in 15+ years.

The guy is Rob Johnson.

Cali512
03-28-2013, 09:14 PM
This is exactly what I mean when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity. The only people who think Kolb is "proven" are people whose team hasn't had a QB in 15+ years.

The guy is Rob Johnson.

Omg dude will you please shut up for once. What in the **** will make you happy? Youve *****ed at Barkley, Geno, Nassib, Wilson, Kolb, Flynn, ect. You act like were accepting mediocre QBs, but there all freak mediocre. Is there any player in the nfl that you even like? God you act like your some intelligent guy because you talk **** about every single move we do, or idea fans have, yet you never go out on a limb and actually specify players youd want us to get. You do it so no one can use **** against you, but then that means your just here to troll. How about you give some players you actually would like, and stick with them, and not act like the bills are able to trade a 7th for Tom Brady but just wont because we dont wanna win. You realize Kolb is the best available player right now for QB? Youd be stupid to argue with me about that, and in the draft youve already complained about everyone else so gtf over it, Kolb is the best QB in FA. If he woulda entered day 1 he woulda been the best outside of Flacco.

And dont twist my words, it makes you look like an idiot. "i really think he could end up being a very good QB. Hes done nothing to prove he cant"

That does not mean im saying hes proven. Its saying that hes done nothing for me to think he cant be a good player. Those are 2 different things bro

Bangarang
03-28-2013, 09:33 PM
This thread is going places.

Captain Obvious
03-28-2013, 10:30 PM
yet you never go out on a limb and actually specify players youd want us to get. You do it so no one can use **** against you,

Yes which is why I respect a poster like Coastal and his 5 card studs. 5 picks every year just before the draft and he stands behind them

OpIv37
03-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Omg dude will you please shut up for once. What in the **** will make you happy? Youve *****ed at Barkley, Geno, Nassib, Wilson, Kolb, Flynn, ect. You act like were accepting mediocre QBs, but there all freak mediocre. Is there any player in the nfl that you even like? God you act like your some intelligent guy because you talk **** about every single move we do, or idea fans have, yet you never go out on a limb and actually specify players youd want us to get. You do it so no one can use **** against you, but then that means your just here to troll. How about you give some players you actually would like, and stick with them, and not act like the bills are able to trade a 7th for Tom Brady but just wont because we dont wanna win. You realize Kolb is the best available player right now for QB? Youd be stupid to argue with me about that, and in the draft youve already complained about everyone else so gtf over it, Kolb is the best QB in FA. If he woulda entered day 1 he woulda been the best outside of Flacco.

And dont twist my words, it makes you look like an idiot. "i really think he could end up being a very good QB. Hes done nothing to prove he cant"

That does not mean im saying hes proven. Its saying that hes done nothing for me to think he cant be a good player. Those are 2 different things bro

Your title says he's a "proven Tyler Wilson" but now you are saying he's not proven. Make up your mind. And I don't like any of the QB's you mentioned because they are all mediocre. It doesn't mean I don't like any player in the NFL. The reality is that there are no QB's available right now who aren't mediocre. It sucks, but it's the reality.

And don't attack my intelligence or accuse me of being a troll because you said something stupid and I called you out on it. Yeah, I criticize most of the moves this team makes. And guess what? Most of them are bad moves. deal with it

fluteflakes
03-28-2013, 11:02 PM
I personally think your doing a disservice to Tyler Wilson by comparing him to Kevin Kolb. They're really nothing alike as QB's.

Kolb's never had sustained success and, this is the MOST important thing and the key differential between himself and Wilson. He's made of glass, his ribs are hurt or broken almost every season. And he heals excruciatingly slowly, he had an injury that should have healed in 5 weeks last season that kept him out for the rest of the year. I don't want to bring a guy in where I have to worry about him being out for the season because of one bad hit.

Not to mention he's another stop gap journeyman and **** THAT. We've had enough failure bringing in other peoples garbage, you CAN'T FIX EVERY CRAPPY PLAYER. Take a chance and draft a guy at least, but don't bring in Kolb because he's "more proven" than any of the QB's in this years draft.

mjt328
03-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Proven? Kolb was given a chance with the Cardinals to prove he was a starter in this league.

He failed miserably.

I was on an Arizona message board a few weeks ago, where fans were kicking around the idea of "upgrading" by signing Fitzpatrick.

Listen, I'm all for exploring different options to get better at QB. We've done the safe thing and sat back on our hands. It didn't work.
But there is no point going with re-treads that failed badly somewhere else. Guys like Kolb, Cassel, Tarvaris Jackson had opportunities and didn't capitalize.

In my opinion, I would prefer going after one of the top prospects in this draft. But if we want to take a chance at somone like Matt Flynn or Ryan Mallett (young talent that hasn't gotten a real chance under center) - then I won't be upset if they take that risk.

ThunderGun
03-29-2013, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't hate Kolb....mainly because it may keep us from reaching on a scrub at 8, but it wouldn't keep us from drafting a guy in rounds 2-4. He'd come pretty cheaply. If we draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd, and he looks good, we aren't committed to starting Kolb because we just gave him a big contract, and we won't be afraid to cut him next year because of a big cap hit.

I don't think he's very good....but he's probably the best of the Free Agent QB's left.

Bill Cody
03-29-2013, 11:52 AM
If Kolb was any good he wouldn't be looking for work

BillsFever21
03-29-2013, 12:21 PM
You have to be kidding me. If Kolb was any good then there isn't a chance that Arizona would've released him just a couple years after trading a couple high draft picks for him.

Sure he has had some good games but any QB does especially in today's NFL. The guy can't stay healthy for more then 5 games or so at a time if he's lucky. It's not just in Arizona either. Even when he was with the Eagles he would get injured after playing a game or two. The guy is just fragile and nothing is going to change that. He would be alright as a backup but you would seriously want to put all your cards on the table for Kolb being the starter?

There isn't any QB that is worth a damn if they have trouble even making it through half of the season before ending up injured or on IR for the rest of the season. If it was a great QB then it might be worth that chance but not for an average one. I figured the Kevin Kolb fanatics would be gone by now after his stint in Arizona as the starter. I remember all the people who wanted to give up to a 1st round pick to trade for him a couple years ago. I'm glad that didn't happen.

BillsFever21
03-29-2013, 12:25 PM

Exactly the point I just stated. He wouldn't even have been released in the first place let alone still looking for a job. In a QB driven league he would've been snatched up long before now by somebody after being released by Arizona. Do you think if a top QB ended up on the market they would still be sitting there as a free agent three weeks after free agency began? Not a chance in hell.

He will find a backup job somewhere since he is a veteran that can give you some good games and wins and I would take him as a backup in a heartbeat as opposed to TJax. That is about all he is worth since he would be lucky to make it through the several games he was filling in for without being injured himself.

gloveus
03-29-2013, 12:41 PM

I feel like Kolb was released more because of his expensive contract than being terrible. I mean, Dwight Freeny is out of work too. I'm not saying Kolb has had a career anything close to Freeny, but he isn't a scrap heap QB.
Remember, he was leading the Cardinals when they beat both Seattle AND Pats (in NE) at the beginning of the season. Even if he didn't actually "lead" them to victory over those two playoff teams, he played well enough to win, which I could never imagine Fitz doing.
Through the first quarter of the season, the Cards were one of the top teams, then injuries started hitting their O-line and that's when Kolb started getting pummeled.
Do I think he's the answer to all our problems? Not even close. Still, he should do better than most people here give him credit for.

Maximilli
03-29-2013, 12:48 PM

Agree 100% who do u want gotta start somewhere plus he was playing behind a line that does not block

trapezeus
03-29-2013, 01:13 PM
reasons i'd say no to kolb:

1. his brain seems scrambled at this point. even the bills got in shots at him last season. he looked like he pooped himself when he was brought off the field. for his own sake, he needs to not play or play behind a great line. which brings me....
2. He sucked in Arizona witha terrible line. buffalo ain't going to be much different in the early goings. even if marrone is a OL coaching stud, its a new scheme and new players....could take some time. Which means kolb will get throttled early and possibly out again before the line comes together.

There is just no way the bills won't suck next year.no reason to trade for average players to squeak a win or two out when it needs to be a learning year for the young guys so that year 2 has a shot of being mediocre to playoff worthy.

i'm convinced the bills will mess it up, but there is nothing we can do but hope and pray.

Bill Cody
03-29-2013, 01:16 PM
I feel like Kolb was released more because of his expensive contract than being terrible. I mean, Dwight Freeny is out of work too. I'm not saying Kolb has had a career anything close to Freeny, but he isn't a scrap heap QB.
Remember, he was leading the Cardinals when they beat both Seattle AND Pats (in NE) at the beginning of the season. Even if he didn't actually "lead" them to victory over those two playoff teams, he played well enough to win, which I could never imagine Fitz doing.
Through the first quarter of the season, the Cards were one of the top teams, then injuries started hitting their O-line and that's when Kolb started getting pummeled.
Do I think he's the answer to all our problems? Not even close. Still, he should do better than most people here give him credit for.

Still begs the question- why did AZ give up on him? If they liked him at all he could have restructured. They moved on. For a reason.

Maximilli
03-29-2013, 01:39 PM
reasons i'd say no to kolb:

1. his brain seems scrambled at this point. even the bills got in shots at him last season. he looked like he pooped himself when he was brought off the field. for his own sake, he needs to not play or play behind a great line. which brings me....
2. He sucked in Arizona witha terrible line. buffalo ain't going to be much different in the early goings. even if marrone is a OL coaching stud, its a new scheme and new players....could take some time. Which means kolb will get throttled early and possibly out again before the line comes together.

There is just no way the bills won't suck next year.no reason to trade for average players to squeak a win or two out when it needs to be a learning year for the young guys so that year 2 has a shot of being mediocre to playoff worthy.

i'm convinced the bills will mess it up, but there is nothing we can do but hope and pray.

our Oline is better then arz dont say that

BillsFever21
03-29-2013, 01:46 PM

Look at the kind of money that good QB's are getting paid nowadays. If they thought he was a good QB then they wouldn't have released him and his contract was still much less then the top QB's in the league. That money wouldn't have been squat had he been a good QB and the guy for their long-term future. Good QB's don't grow on trees and they would've kept him and built around him instead of releasing him and end up using another draft pick on a QB to replace him.

Any team can have a good month or so stretch. It doesn't matter if it's at the beginning of the season or at some point later on in the season. Every season there is a bad team that starts off 2-0, 3-1, 5-2, etc. It's the good teams that can keep it going and not fade away after that. 4-0 is a good record to start the year but if they're not a good team it will play out throughout the season. That team would still have to finish at least 6-6 the rest of the season to get 10 wins and have a shot to make the playoffs.

The Cardinals were no different then the Bills of 2008 that started off good and tanked or the 2011 team that started off 4-1 back in 2011 and then also tanked after that. Over the course of the season the good teams will stay consistent and the bad teams will start losing. In that same year we beat the Patriots for the first time in over a decade and Fitzpatrick was the QB who played and threw the winning TD pass.

To say that what Kolb did isn't something that a player like Fitzpatrick could do has already been proven as reality at certain points. In that 2011 season he started off playing great and then the incompetent front office of the Bills jumped the gun and gave him a contract extension for 20+ million in guaranteed money. We all know how that season finished out after the 4-1 start since we only won two more games the rest of the year and Fitzpatrick played pathetic football and was released just one year into that contract extension. That means we basically paid him over 20 million dollars for last season. So where is the difference between the two QB's like you stated? The only one I see is that at least Fitzpatrick was able to stay healthy unlike Kolb who has NEVER been able to.

MidnightVoice
03-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Kevin Kolb reportedly draws interest of Buffalo Bills

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000155345/article/kevin-kolb-reportedly-draws-interest-of-buffalo-bills

The Bills have some interest in former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb, according to a report from ProFootballTalk. The report doesn't say whether Kolb will be visiting the team, just that the Bills are "interested in kicking the tires."

It's amazing to think how far Kolb's stock has fallen in two years. The Cardinals gave up a second-round draft pick, and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie just for the honor of paying Kolb more than $10 million per season. Kolb has been on the free-agent market for exactly two weeks, and this is the first bit of interest we've heard about him.

Kolb could potentially battle with Tarvaris Jackson and a rookie to be named later for the starting job in Buffalo under new coach Doug Marrone. Ryan Fitzpatrick suddenly doesn't look so bad.

more cowbell
03-29-2013, 06:03 PM
So if Kevin Kolb is "proven"....that means Tyler Wilson is an "un-proven" pile of stinky aids?

trapezeus
03-30-2013, 05:01 PM
our Oline is better then arz dont say that

will it be next year, though? you let a starter walk and you let a reliable back up go? you have to replace them and then get them to gel under new system. i'm prepared for a tough couple weeks at best.

better days
03-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Still begs the question- why did AZ give up on him? If they liked him at all he could have restructured. They moved on. For a reason.

The reason they gave up on him aside from his expensive contract & the fact he is injury prone is the entire FO changed. Kolb had no supporters or people invested in him in the building anymore.

Cali512
03-30-2013, 06:36 PM
will it be next year, though? you let a starter walk and you let a reliable back up go? you have to replace them and then get them to gel under new system. i'm prepared for a tough couple weeks at best.

You never seen AZ play did you, there line was incredibly bad.

BillsFever21
03-30-2013, 06:40 PM
The reason they gave up on him aside from his expensive contract & the fact he is injury prone is the entire FO changed. Kolb had no supporters or people invested in him in the building anymore.

Well maybe all of his past "supporters" in Arizona are gone because they couldn't win games after giving up a 2nd round draft pick and Rodgers-Cromartie along with paying Kolb over 10 million dollars a year. If they were winning games with him then they would've all still been there. It goes hand in hand.

BillsFever21
03-30-2013, 06:43 PM
You never seen AZ play did you, there line was incredibly bad.

I remember a lot of them same excuses when Rob Johnson was here getting sacked and injured all of the time. I probably used them myself when we first got him before he proved he cut it.

It's funny how once Kolb went out with his yearly trip to the IR the sacks were cut by more then half. All that while playing some tough teams and defenses along the way.

better days
03-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Well maybe all of his past "supporters" in Arizona are gone because they couldn't win games after giving up a 2nd round draft pick and Rodgers-Cromartie along with paying Kolb over 10 million dollars a year. If they were winning games with him then they would've all still been there. It goes hand in hand.

Well, as Op has pointed out MANY times, you have to have players to build around. The QB can't do it alone. Not even with one other person like Larry Fitzgerald. Unlike the Cards, the Bills do have a team Kolb can come in & win with. We NEED a WR, TE, G & a LB. The needs are much less than when Nix was hired.

Frenchman
03-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Kolb was great with the Cardinals until that injury shut down his season and the team's season. Plus their decision to cut him loose.

BillsFever21
03-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Well, as Op has pointed out MANY times, you have to have players to build around. The QB can't do it alone. Not even with one other person like Larry Fitzgerald. Unlike the Cards, the Bills do have a team Kolb can come in & win with. We NEED a WR, TE, G & a LB. The needs are much less than when Nix was hired.

LOL. This is almost as funny as the post that the Bills can challenge the Patriots for the division this year.

Yeah this is one high powered roster that is just a Kevin Kolb away from a real threat in the playoffs.

Is that all we need is a WR, TE, G and LB? More like a couple starting LB's along with a #2 WR and CB and a SS. That's just for a starting roster and not any reliable depth for injuries or different packages and formations. We need multiple players at especially LB. Just because you have bodies doesn't mean they're good players.

OpIv37
03-30-2013, 10:04 PM

You are correct in that I have said a QB needs the pieces around him. But, how can you say the team has 4 glaring holes and still say the team has the pieces? It doesn't make sense.

BillsFever21
03-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Kolb was great with the Cardinals until that injury shut down his season and the team's season. Plus their decision to cut him loose.

Yeah he was great through them first six games. He got knocked out of the first game after about 6 attempts, got knocked out of another game and then finally in Week 6 he got knocked out again for the rest of the year. He had one hell of a start with that one 300 yard game inbetween all of them injuries.

Fitzpatrick was also "great" last year through 6 games and was leading the league in TD's through the first month or so of the year. He was also great the first month of 2011. We see how that worked out for the rest of the year. At least he could stay healthy and be there for the rest of the year though. We can't say that for Kevin Kolb.

better days
03-30-2013, 10:07 PM
LOL. This is almost as funny as the post that the Bills can challenge the Patriots for the division this year.

Yeah this is one high powered roster that is just a Kevin Kolb away from a real threat in the playoffs.

Is that all we need is a WR, TE, G and LB? More like a couple starting LB's along with a #2 WR and CB and a SS. That's just for a starting roster and not any reliable depth for injuries or different packages and formations. We need multiple players at especially LB. Just because you have bodies doesn't mean they're good players.

NO team in the NFL has GOOD players at EVERY position FACT. And yes, IF Kolb stays healthy, the Bills have the best chance to knock the Pats* that they have had since Kraft bought that team.

BillsFever21
03-30-2013, 10:09 PM
You are correct in that I have said a QB needs the pieces around him. But, how can you say the team has 4 glaring holes and still say the team has the pieces? It doesn't make sense.

There isn't many things he says that makes a ton of sense. If it was a move/non-move made by the Bills then it's a good move. That's the only sense we need to make out of it. It's just the mind of a Kool-Aid drinker.

This roster is so overwhelmingly better since Buddy Nix took over. So much better that we have a worse record in the three seasons that he took over then the three seasons before he came.

You're already starting to see posts from people who originally said that we had NO CHOICE but to draft a QB with the #8 spot because there wasn't a chance that Nassib, Wilson or Manuel would be there in the second round. Now that we have Kolb all of a sudden we can now wait until the second round if we want to draft a QB and take Nassib, Wilson or Manuel. I really wish they would make up their minds. I guess Buddy Nix will make up their minds for them since they can't think for their own.

better days
03-30-2013, 10:10 PM

I can say that because today is March 30. There is still the draft & free agency to add players to this team.

BillsFever21
03-30-2013, 10:12 PM
NO team in the NFL has GOOD players at EVERY position FACT. And yes, IF Kolb stays healthy, the Bills have the best chance to knock the Pats* that they have had since Kraft bought that team.

Oh really? Damn I'm glad you informed me of that. I thought all the good teams had All Pro players at every position where half of them were going to be HOF candidates when they retired. I'm glad you cleared that up for me :phew:

The Jokeman
03-30-2013, 11:03 PM

I think Arizona moved on from Kolb because of his contract and inability to stay healthy. I think the RJ comparison a fair one. Yet I think RJ was a a tad more accurate and didn't gamble as much when it came to INTs.

Buddo
03-31-2013, 07:38 AM
I think Arizona moved on from Kolb because of his contract and inability to stay healthy. I think the RJ comparison a fair one. Yet I think RJ was a a tad more accurate and didn't gamble as much when it came to INTs.

It could also be that Arians didn't think he 'fits' whatever offensive system he will be running. add that to the contract and perception of being injury prone, then you have several reasons to cut him.

While we question the Bills FO unceasingly, there are other teams around whose decision making can also be viewed as highly questionable.

fluteflakes
03-31-2013, 04:40 PM
It could also be that Arians didn't think he 'fits' whatever offensive system he will be running. add that to the contract and perception of being injury prone, then you have several reasons to cut him.

While we question the Bills FO unceasingly, there are other teams around whose decision making can also be viewed as highly questionable.

Kolb doesn't fit Arians system at all. It's vertical based, Kolb is a prototypical WCO quarterback. He's got decent deep accuracy but he's not built to run Arians system, Carson Palmer (whom they're rumored to be interested in) fits it much better.