PDA

View Full Version : Fred Davis cancels Jets visit

lmcshadow
03-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Could this mean he will chose the Bills???
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Skooby
03-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Skins or Bills, come on Nix.

Michael82
03-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Yes! He's gotta come here.

Cali512
03-28-2013, 09:23 PM
People keep saying on BB.com this means he goes to Washington. But they are trying for Winfield, and they dont have much cap space at all. I dont see why hed cancel with the Jets if he wanted to stay in Was. It sounds more like he got the contract he was looking for and feels no reason to go elsewhere. I mean really? The Jets dont have the money for him, and there QB situation is no better than ours. So what would be the point in going there? Also he doesnt like the media, he said that. He likes being in a small town, he said that he didnt like USC because of the constant cameras and media, so i cant see him liking NYJ.

Mr. Miyagi
03-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Get er done.

better days
03-28-2013, 09:36 PM
I can see it now.

If Davis signs with Buffalo, he is an over rated INJURED player the Bills were STUPID for signing.

If he signs with the Skins, the Bills are CHEAP & a crap team that NOBODY wants to play for.

You can call my psychic 900# say you are a member of the board for your 25% discount.

lmcshadow
03-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Thiscan and will be a good upgrade and move..We need to get in the TE business

ServoBillieves
03-28-2013, 09:38 PM
I can see it now.

If Davis signs with Buffalo, he is an over rated INJURED player the Bills were STUPID for signing.

If he signs with the Skins, the Bills are CHEAP & a crap team that NOBODY wants to play for.

You can call my psychic 900# say you are a member of the board for your 25% discount.

Ding Ding Ding!

I think it'd be a good signing, gives us 2 good TE's when healthy.

fluteflakes
03-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Very good signing if he stays here, top 10 tight end while healthy, gives us a mismatch across the middle that we've lacked for years now.

Supposedly we're not offering much more than the skins at all, but it's still more and it should be enough to be the deciding factor.

Get this done OBD.

BertSquirtgum
03-28-2013, 09:49 PM
No, it means he's going to sign with the Redskins who have a good quarterback.

Skooby
03-28-2013, 10:39 PM
No, it means he's going to sign with the Redskins who have a good quarterback.

They have an injured QB recovering, he's not healthy yet.

BertSquirtgum
03-28-2013, 10:47 PM
An injured RG3 is 100x better than what the Bills have.

fluteflakes
03-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Money talks more than QB play.

It may only be an extra 750K-1 mil. But that's a solid chunk of change right there.

Beebe
03-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Chance to go to the playoffs with a good QB or no chance of going to the playoffs with no QB.

OpIv37
03-29-2013, 12:03 AM
I can see it now.

Yeah, God forbid anyone is critical of a move this team makes. I mean, they get it right sooooooo often that the criticism is just ridiculous......

kishoph
03-29-2013, 03:48 AM
I can see it now.

Yeah, God forbid anyone is critical of a move this team makes. I mean, they get it right sooooooo often that the criticism is just ridiculous......

It's not about being critical, it's about criticizing them, no matter what they do. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't, from too many people.

RedEyE
03-29-2013, 04:35 AM
This happens once a year. The Bills always cater to one FA who is just looking to get his current team to up the ante.

Buddo
03-29-2013, 04:43 AM
It's not about being critical, it's about criticizing them, no matter what they do. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't, from too many people.

A lot of truth in this.
There are people who will adopt whichever stance is the critical one, and it does get old. Quickly.

The biggest concerns should be to do with his injury, and it would seem that he's way ahead of schedule with his recovery from the surgery.
As to his blocking, or lack of, I'd say that Marrone and his offensive staff, are fully cognizant of that, and it either doesn't bother them, or they aren't expecting him to be used much as a blocker.

I find it interesting, that the attempt to sign Davis, might well signify a lot more about what Marrone's offense will look like, than a simple need for a decent TE to go with Chandler, whenever he recovers from his own surgery.

If Davis is fit for the start of the season, he would immediately make the TE group the Bills have, significantly better, and at the end of the day, it is about getting better.

kishoph
03-29-2013, 05:10 AM
From what I heard/read, the Bills offer is for a little more (less than $Million more), but is for 2 years, while Washington's is a 1 year deal.

DraftBoy
03-29-2013, 05:54 AM
From what I heard/read, the Bills offer is for a little more (less than $Million more), but is for 2 years, while Washington's is a 1 year deal.

Yup, question is does he want to come back next year have a good season and get a bigger deal coming off Washington's 1 yr offer or does he want to security of knowing he's got two years to prove he's fully back?

Night Train
03-29-2013, 06:14 AM
gives us 2 good TE's when healthy.

And there's the concern. Both he and Chandler are questionable for opening day. Lee Smith will be our starter ?

It's more a long term gain. Bring him back slowly or lose him forever with an achilles tendon tear.

DraftBoy
03-29-2013, 06:29 AM
And there's the concern. Both he and Chandler are questionable for opening day. Lee Smith will be our starter ?

It's more a long term gain. Bring him back slowly or lose him forever with an achilles tendon tear.

I think you gotta add another versatile option via draft/udfa.

Cumberland TE BJ Stewart is ideal.

6036, 255 lbs.
21 receptions
396 yards
5 TD's

Played 2010 and 2011 as a DE before moving to TE in 2012. In 2009-2010 he was the #1 Heavyweight wrestler in the country for two weeks.

Mid 4.7 40 at Tenn Tech Pro Day yesterday, 32.5 Vertical, 30 bench reps.

OpIv37
03-29-2013, 07:07 AM

because at this point, no one trusts them to make a decision. Whatever they decide, chances are it's wrong. Results speak for themselves.

BertSquirtgum
03-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Like I said Fred Davis signed with the Redskins.

coastal
03-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Like I said Fred Davis signed with the Redskins.
This site is so lucky to have you as a member.

praise The Lord Jesus Christ on this most holy of holy weekends!

BertSquirtgum
03-29-2013, 10:25 AM
This site is so lucky to have you as a member.

praise The Lord Jesus Christ on this most holy of holy weekends!

You are a pathetic joke. I often wonder why god wasted DNA in a sperm to make you. Then your mom made the bigger mistake in not swallowing you.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-29-2013, 10:25 AM
I can see it now.

I've seen the opposite http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/217594-Homer-goggles

coastal
03-29-2013, 10:37 AM
You are a pathetic joke. I often wonder why god wasted DNA in a sperm to make you. Then your mom made the bigger mistake in not swallowing you.
Easter joy stealer...

BillsFever21
03-29-2013, 02:12 PM
I can see it now.

There is some truth behind both of them so that's a non-issue. Outside of a couple splashes we've made the Bills have been cheap and they have made a bunch of stupid signings when actually have spent big money. As far as the other part goes the Bills are a crap team that hardly anybody wants to play for.

They are a great destination spot for bad players who are able to get decent contracts they couldn't get anywhere else and stay with the Bills for 5-10 years with little results to show for it. Either that or players that did have some success before coming here to break the bank and get paid way more then any other team was going to pay them when the Bills do decide to spend some big money.

The bigger prophecy would've been comparing most of the Kool-Aid drinkers who always think the Bills make the right decision and can't think for themselves so they just give them the benefit of the doubt. In that case it would've went from he would be a great signing for that X amount of money if they came here. If they didn't sign here or went to a division rival then all of a sudden they really aren't that good and the other team is crazy for signing them and/or giving them that kind of money.

Them same Kool-Aid drinkers are usually on here every season laughing about moves that the Patriots make and every year they start predicting it's the year that they go in the tank. It's similar to them same people praising all of our moves and predicting 10 wins every season and a month or so into that season it turns into we're only another year away, etc.

lmcshadow
03-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Well the thought was fun while it lasted.