• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

NFL Radio reports we are interested in Kolb

No link, just heard it on NFL Radio news flash.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: NFL Radio reports we are interested in Kolb

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    I really hope not.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
      id rather the Bills fail with Kolb, which will cost them nothing.

Over failing with Geno and wasting the 8th pick.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

He is NOT the long-term answer, but he is not as bad of a QB as his statistics would indicate. He would be the perfect stop-gap QB for a young, early round pick to sit behind for 8-16 games.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

I'd take him if it was a Fitzpatrick type of contract that he signed with the Titans but that would be it. If we did pick him up they better also have plans on a long-term answer and not put their dreams into him as being the guy for years to come.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
            He is NOT the long-term answer, but he is not as bad of a QB as his statistics would indicate. He would be the perfect stop-gap QB for a young, early round pick to sit behind for 8-16 games.
            Wait... why?

Is he somehow far and away way better than Fitz? Personally I'd rather have T-Jax who is already on this squad and is far from the answer himself.

Kolb isn't terrible, but he is very much not the long term answer... And if were looking for guys that have started but aren't the long term answer we have that already in T-Jax.
            Last edited by X-Era; 03-29-2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
              Wait... why?

Is he somehow far and away way better than Fitz? Personally I'd rather have T-Jax who is already on this squad and is far from the answer himself.

Kold isn't terrible, but he is very much not the long term answer... And if were looking for guys that have started but aren't the long term answer we have that already in T-Jax.
              I'd say that he's more of a prototypical QB than either Fitzpatrick or Jackson. He's a smart guy with a big arm, but moves about as well as Bledsoe did in the pocket. A place like Buffalo is perfect for Kolb, as he won't be expected to be the franchise like he was in Arizona, and he can kind of fly under the radar. Jackson is honestly one of the most painful QB's I've ever seen play (Ryan Lindley and Max Hall are probably the worst). The guy just isn't good at anything when it comes to the QB position. At the end of the day, the team is probably a .500 team, but I think that Kolb gives you another win or two over Jackson.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

I'd say that he's more of a prototypical QB than either Fitzpatrick or Jackson. He's a smart guy with a big arm, but moves about as well as Bledsoe did in the pocket. A place like Buffalo is perfect for Kolb, as he won't be expected to be the franchise like he was in Arizona, and he can kind of fly under the radar. Jackson is honestly one of the most painful QB's I've ever seen play (Ryan Lindley and Max Hall are probably the worst). The guy just isn't good at anything when it comes to the QB position. At the end of the day, the team is probably a .500 team, but I think that Kolb gives you another win or two over Jackson.
                At best were finding an only partly moldy burger while sifting through McDonald's trash...

Comment

• Gibby
                  • Jun 2006

I hate this team, why can't I stop supporting them?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                    At best were finding an only partly moldy burger while sifting through McDonald's trash...
                    I won't deny it. I said it from the start:

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Suetonius View Post
                      I hate this team, why can't I stop supporting them?
                      Even when you "stop", you never actually stop. I'm a Cowboys season ticket holder, and fully support the team, but I still find myself buying my Bills jersey and hat every year, and find a way to make it to a Bills game every couple of years. Once a Bills fan, always a Bills fan.

Comment

• Cali512
                        • Jan 2012

Half his plays that he made last year and in his career he wouldnt of made if he didnt have good feet to get out of busted plays. Look at his highlight videos, hes running around like a duck on fire the whole time! Maybe doesnt have perfect fundementals but his feet get him out of plays and hes very elusive surprisingly. People say he has injury issues, but he was sacked every 6 passing attempts, thats nuts!
                        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• GingerP
                          • Aug 2012

Kolb doesn't handle pressure well, but if protected he can throw the football. Part of the problem in Arizona was playing behind one of the NFL's worst offensive lines. He wouldn't be a bad stop-gap option, but he isn't a guy that is going to perform well under pressure.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                            Half his plays that he made last year and in his career he wouldnt of made if he didnt have good feet to get out of busted plays. Look at his highlight videos, hes running around like a duck on fire the whole time! Maybe doesnt have perfect fundementals but his feet get him out of plays and hes very elusive surprisingly. People say he has injury issues, but he was sacked every 6 passing attempts, thats nuts!
                            Perhaps we have varying definitions of what defines good feet. I've actually watched every game of his career, and think that he's a lot better than his statistics would indicate. I just think that he has to have all the tools in place (OL, RB, WR's, TE, etc...) to be be a "good" QB.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                              He couldn't stay healthy when he was with the Eagles either. Some guys are just fragile and he is one of them.

Did you ever think that maybe part of the problem with the number of sacks he took has to do with him? You remember Rob Johnson and Drew Bledsoe? Johnson was sacked all the time and Bledsoe took a bunch of them but when somebody else played all of a sudden that quickly changed.

Kolb took 27 sacks in 187 attempts last season. The guys that took over after him didn't get sacked at nearly that rate though. Skelton got sacked 15 times in 201 attempts and Lindley got sacked 12 times in 171 attempts. So basically Kolb got sacked as many times in 187 attempts as the other two guys did in 372 attempts. That's twice the attempts by the other guys but the same amount of sacks as Kolb did in half of the attempts.
                              Last edited by BillsFever21; 03-29-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X