PDA

View Full Version : Bills bring back Tashard Choice

GingerP
03-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Why says they aren't active in free agency?

https://twitter.com/CAA_Football/status/317777082111373312

gr8slayer
03-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Ugh, why? The guy is such a spare of a player. I'm guessing that he won't make it through camp.

X-Era
03-29-2013, 06:45 PM
I don't get it.

I'd rather have a guy like Knile Davis in the 6th or even a UDFA as our #3 like Joique Bell as few years back.

But with so little happening in FA at this point I guess RB was an area we didn't want to have to think about in the draft.

Mski
03-29-2013, 06:46 PM
perhaps this is a sign that Jackson might be on the move :idunno:

at the very least he's likely cheap, and about what you can expect from a 3rd string back

MTBillsFan
03-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Championship!

streetkings01
03-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Choice is pretty much the best you can get at the #3 RB spot. I just hope Marrone doesn't turn into Gailey.

Cali512
03-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Did anyone ever watch Choice before Buffalo? He came close to being the starting RB in Dallas. Hes a very good running back if used correctly, but hes not a special power RB like Gailey acted. Hes more of a faster Jackson style RB.

Cali512
03-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Choice is pretty much the best you can get at the #3 RB spot. I just hope Marrone doesn't turn into Gailey.

Finally someone smart. Choice and Jackson in a pro formation, with Spiller at the slot and Graham and Johnson as WR would be a good use of talent. I think you could do alot with a 2 RB option and Spiller playing WR

gr8slayer
03-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Did anyone ever watch Choice before Buffalo? He came close to being the starting RB in Dallas. Hes a very good running back if used correctly, but hes not a special power RB like Gailey acted. Hes more of a faster Jackson style RB.

He honestly never got that close to being the starter in Dallas. He was the "starter" due to injuries to Barber III and Felix Jones, but he never took hold of that opportunity, and was eventually laughed out of town. He's a tough runner, but is one of those rare players that plays slower than his 40 time would indicate. Once he breaks the LoS, he looks like he's moving in slow motion. He's an average 3rd down back at best, who is an average blocker.

Cali512
03-29-2013, 07:17 PM
He honestly never got that close to being the starter in Dallas. He was the "starter" due to injuries to Barber III and Felix Jones, but he never took hold of that opportunity, and was eventually laughed out of town. He's a tough runner, but is one of those rare players that plays slower than his 40 time would indicate. Once he breaks the LoS, he looks like he's moving in slow motion. He's an average 3rd down back at best, who is an average blocker.

Dude i live half a hour away from Dallas. He wasnt laughed out of town, people were pissed that they let him go. Ive talked to so many fans, and all my friends are dallas fans, and they were talking so highly of him when we got him. Also he was one of my friends favorite players, fans loved him. Fans wanted him starting but Dallas instead went with that rookie, Murray. In Dallas he was alot better, especially his first couple of years. He may of had an injury that made him lose a step, but its the 3rd string RB. We could, and have done alot worse.

gr8slayer
03-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Dude i live half a hour away from Dallas. He wasnt laughed out of town, people were pissed that they let him go. Ive talked to so many fans, and all my friends are dallas fans, and they were talking so highly of him when we got him. Also he was one of my friends favorite players, fans loved him. Fans wanted him starting but Dallas instead went with that rookie, Murray. In Dallas he was alot better, especially his first couple of years. He may of had an injury that made him lose a step, but its the 3rd string RB. We could, and have done alot worse.

Funny, I've been to every home game the past 5 years, and he was actually boo'd at the home games in his final season with the Cowboys. There was a time (after the Steelers start) when his popularity was at its height, but what he truly is became apparently quickly.

GingerP
03-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Choice is one of those guys who is versatile enough to do a little of everything, but he doesn't do anything at anything better than average level.

I disagree you would be about as good as you could get as a #3 RB. I think a good #3 RB would be a young guy that could play ST well while learning the NFL game. That is what the Patriots did with BenJarvus Green-Ellis and the Giants did with Andre Brown. Choice is never going to be better than serviceable, so why keep him?

gr8slayer
03-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Choice is one of those guys who is versatile enough to do a little of everything, but he doesn't do anything at anything better than average level.

I disagree you would be about as good as you could get as a #3 RB. I think a good #3 RB would be a young guy that could play ST well while learning the NFL game. That is what the Patriots did with BenJarvus Green-Ellis and the Giants did with Andre Brown. Choice is never going to be better than serviceable, so why keep him?

Also have to consider though, they need camp guys.

GingerP
03-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Also have to consider though, they need camp guys.

True. That is what he is.

YardRat
03-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Doesn't eliminate the possibility of drafting one still.

DynaPaul
03-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Yawn.

coastal
03-29-2013, 08:12 PM
God no.

Stepfan Taylor please.

Mace
03-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Maybe it's just me, I really like Choice, he's about as good an RB depth as there is, but this offseason is looking terribly feeble. I loved when they hired Marrone, no-nonsense, meat-and-potatoes, and Pettine, serious defense intended, but besides that, everything else has been woefully incomprehensible. They cut who I'd have signed, signed who I'd have cut (besides Choice for what he's worth which isn't a hella lot). I sort of read this announcement, here and elsewhere, and wondered if I was supposed to feel good about it, because I know it doesn't mean much. This just won't end well. Woot, we retained Colin Brown and Tashard Choice and brought back Aaron Corp while making guard, safety, lb, holes to add to the other tweaks we prolly needed. I almost want them to sign Bart Scott and Eric Smith if they haven't signed anywhere else because I didn't notice, to feel like we have some system-vibe going. Anyway, I like Choice, as what he is, which isn't much, but woo.

JoeMama
03-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Why says they aren't active in free agency?

https://twitter.com/CAA_Football/status/317777082111373312

Well that's a great weight off my mind.

A team without Tashard Choice is like boat without oars.

Thank God this team is run by smart, sane people who recognize first rate talent when they see it.

Mace
03-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Well that's a great weight off my mind. A team without Tashard Choice is like boat without oars. Thank God this team is run by smart, sane people who recognize first rate talent when they see it. Good to see you Mama.

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-30-2013, 06:44 AM
i've said it before i'll say it again (semi sarcastically) that we are due to take a RB in the first round... cuz that's just what we do

DraftBoy
03-30-2013, 08:55 AM
I hate this move.