X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GingerP
    • Aug 2012

Bills bring back Tashard Choice

Why says they aren't active in free agency?

• gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Bills bring back Tashard Choice

Ugh, why? The guy is such a spare of a player. I'm guessing that he won't make it through camp.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

I don't get it.

I'd rather have a guy like Knile Davis in the 6th or even a UDFA as our #3 like Joique Bell as few years back.

But with so little happening in FA at this point I guess RB was an area we didn't want to have to think about in the draft.

Comment

• Mski
        • Mar 2006

perhaps this is a sign that Jackson might be on the move

at the very least he's likely cheap, and about what you can expect from a 3rd string back
        RIP Tommy D!
        12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• MTBillsFan
          • May 2003

Championship!
          Send me some wings!

Comment

• streetkings01
            • Jul 2006

Choice is pretty much the best you can get at the #3 RB spot. I just hope Marrone doesn't turn into Gailey.
            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

Did anyone ever watch Choice before Buffalo? He came close to being the starting RB in Dallas. Hes a very good running back if used correctly, but hes not a special power RB like Gailey acted. Hes more of a faster Jackson style RB.
              Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
                Choice is pretty much the best you can get at the #3 RB spot. I just hope Marrone doesn't turn into Gailey.

Finally someone smart. Choice and Jackson in a pro formation, with Spiller at the slot and Graham and Johnson as WR would be a good use of talent. I think you could do alot with a 2 RB option and Spiller playing WR
                Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                  Did anyone ever watch Choice before Buffalo? He came close to being the starting RB in Dallas. Hes a very good running back if used correctly, but hes not a special power RB like Gailey acted. Hes more of a faster Jackson style RB.
                  He honestly never got that close to being the starter in Dallas. He was the "starter" due to injuries to Barber III and Felix Jones, but he never took hold of that opportunity, and was eventually laughed out of town. He's a tough runner, but is one of those rare players that plays slower than his 40 time would indicate. Once he breaks the LoS, he looks like he's moving in slow motion. He's an average 3rd down back at best, who is an average blocker.
                  Last edited by gr8slayer; 03-29-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
                    He honestly never got that close to being the starter in Dallas. He was the "starter" due to injuries to Barber III and Felix Jones, but he never took hold of that opportunity, and was eventually laughed out of town. He's a tough runner, but is one of those rare players that plays slower than his 40 time would indicate. Once he breaks the LoS, he looks like he's moving in slow motion. He's an average 3rd down back at best, who is an average blocker.

Dude i live half a hour away from Dallas. He wasnt laughed out of town, people were pissed that they let him go. Ive talked to so many fans, and all my friends are dallas fans, and they were talking so highly of him when we got him. Also he was one of my friends favorite players, fans loved him. Fans wanted him starting but Dallas instead went with that rookie, Murray. In Dallas he was alot better, especially his first couple of years. He may of had an injury that made him lose a step, but its the 3rd string RB. We could, and have done alot worse.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                      Dude i live half a hour away from Dallas. He wasnt laughed out of town, people were pissed that they let him go. Ive talked to so many fans, and all my friends are dallas fans, and they were talking so highly of him when we got him. Also he was one of my friends favorite players, fans loved him. Fans wanted him starting but Dallas instead went with that rookie, Murray. In Dallas he was alot better, especially his first couple of years. He may of had an injury that made him lose a step, but its the 3rd string RB. We could, and have done alot worse.
                      Funny, I've been to every home game the past 5 years, and he was actually boo'd at the home games in his final season with the Cowboys. There was a time (after the Steelers start) when his popularity was at its height, but what he truly is became apparently quickly.

Comment

• GingerP
                        • Aug 2012

Choice is one of those guys who is versatile enough to do a little of everything, but he doesn't do anything at anything better than average level.

I disagree you would be about as good as you could get as a #3 RB. I think a good #3 RB would be a young guy that could play ST well while learning the NFL game. That is what the Patriots did with BenJarvus Green-Ellis and the Giants did with Andre Brown. Choice is never going to be better than serviceable, so why keep him?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                          Choice is one of those guys who is versatile enough to do a little of everything, but he doesn't do anything at anything better than average level.

I disagree you would be about as good as you could get as a #3 RB. I think a good #3 RB would be a young guy that could play ST well while learning the NFL game. That is what the Patriots did with BenJarvus Green-Ellis and the Giants did with Andre Brown. Choice is never going to be better than serviceable, so why keep him?
                          Also have to consider though, they need camp guys.

Comment

• GingerP
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
                            Also have to consider though, they need camp guys.
                            True. That is what he is.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Doesn't eliminate the possibility of drafting one still.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X