PDA

View Full Version : Things are changing fast... Palmer, Flynn

X-Era
03-29-2013, 07:54 PM
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/317789631611559936

"With the Raiders on verge of a trade for Matt Flynn, the Cardinals are nearing a deal for former Raiders starter Carson Palmer."

Flynn is about to be a Raider and Palmer is about to be a Card...

The Browns have recently added Jason Campbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/jason-campbell-lands-in-cleveland/

And the Bills now have three less teams as QB needy as before...

We may just have pick of the litter of the QB prospects at the 8 pick.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2013, 08:03 PM
That also means most QBs will be there in the 2nd round.

X-Era
03-29-2013, 08:14 PM
That also means most QBs will be there in the 2nd round.Possibly true. The question would be how highly these teams think of these guys and how much these teams feel they are giving up with a 2nd round investment vs. a 1st.

T-Long
03-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Buddy has to take one at 8...he treasures his draft picks and will not blow any more in 2013...only way I could see a trade back into the first is if its for a pick or two in 2014

BillsFever21
03-29-2013, 08:54 PM
If that scenario did happen and we had 1st choice then we would have to take a QB. If you mess up the pick then it's your fault. If you were 2nd or especially 3rd choice then I would go for a top LB like Jones or Jordan. If that did happen then I could see only two QB's being drafted in the 1st round unless somebody moved up from early in the 2nd round to get next dibs on their guy. If there are only two guys gone though they could probably wait and still get their guy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets maybe try and move up in the draft ahead of us unless they had a different QB on the radar or waiting until the 2nd round or later. I find it hard to believe that they would go into the season with only Mark Sanchez with how awful he's been. They also don't owe him anymore guaranteed money after next season.

Bone
03-29-2013, 08:57 PM
we draft behind all the QB needy teams. We Would have to trade up to get one in the 2nd. Looks like Geno at 8!

MTBillsFan
03-29-2013, 09:10 PM
It would be awesome if this all plays out! Please Geno be there at 8. Why not sign Kolb as insurance?

clumping platelets
03-29-2013, 11:05 PM
We do not need to force it and take one at #8. They just had on NFL Network a discussion on players teams would consider moving up for and #8 could be a target of a draft pick rich team (i.e. Fins, Vikes, 49ers). Move down, add extra picks, and grab a QB later

Generalissimus Gibby
03-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Things may be changing fast, but I trust in this team's ability to disappoint me.

Buffalo Billy Bison
03-30-2013, 02:35 AM
Buddy has to take one at 8...he treasures his draft picks and will not blow any more in 2013...only way I could see a trade back into the first is if its for a pick or two in 2014

Buddy just might trade with a team like the Viking at 23 and or 25 or the 49ers at 31 and still beat out nine teams that pick before the Bills at 41 in the second. That might work well now!

kishoph
03-30-2013, 02:55 AM

They may last into the 2nd round, but will they be there when the Bills pick, which is behind these teams that are getting these "temporary" fixes at QB.

Novacane
03-30-2013, 07:57 AM
We do not need to force it and take one at #8. They just had on NFL Network a discussion on players teams would consider moving up for and #8 could be a target of a draft pick rich team (i.e. Fins, Vikes, 49ers). Move down, add extra picks, and grab a QB later

That would be the ideal scenario but we're the Bills.

better days
03-30-2013, 08:08 AM

No it doesn't that is only two of the teams that need a QB. And Palmer is OLD. At best he is a stop gap like TJax or Kolb. It would not surprise me to see the Cards draft a QB even if they get Palmer. There are in fact about 8 teams in NEED of a QB aside from the Raiders & even they might draft one.

DraftBoy
03-30-2013, 09:06 AM
G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-GENO!

jamze132
03-30-2013, 09:10 AM
This shouldn't change the fact that we need to get a QB in RD2, not at #8.

cookie G
03-30-2013, 09:19 AM
No it doesn't that is only two of the teams that need a QB. And Palmer is OLD. At best he is a stop gap like TJax or Kolb. It would not surprise me to see the Cards draft a QB even if they get Palmer. There are in fact about 8 teams in NEED of a QB aside from the Raiders & even they might draft one.

Maybe..but Palmer would buy them a year or 2 at the QB position.

If there is one position they may need more than QB, its just about anywhere along their OL. They had the worst OL in the league last year. If Eric Fisher falls, or they like Lane Johnson..don't be surprised if they take an LT.

That's a great place to go for a QB if you want to be killed.

justasportsfan
03-30-2013, 09:56 AM
this is awesome. Geno will fall to us at 8........that means EJ, Wilson and NAssib will be there for us in the 2nd rd. so we can pick bpa with the 8th :D

gr8slayer
03-30-2013, 10:29 AM
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/317789631611559936

"With the Raiders on verge of a trade for Matt Flynn, the Cardinals are nearing a deal for former Raiders starter Carson Palmer."

Flynn is about to be a Raider and Palmer is about to be a Card...

The Browns have recently added Jason Campbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/26/jason-campbell-lands-in-cleveland/

And the Bills now have three less teams as QB needy as before...

We may just have pick of the litter of the QB prospects at the 8 pick.

While it would be awesome to sign Palmer, I honestly think that he's going to do everything in his power to stay in the west.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-30-2013, 10:49 AM
this is awesome. Geno will fall to us at 8........that means EJ, Wilson and NAssib will be there for us in the 2nd rd. so we can pick bpa with the 8th :D

So kind of like the Skins last year, except without all those playoff calories.