PDA

View Full Version : Mike Jenkins to visit Bills

Bone
03-30-2013, 08:38 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/03/30/report-cb-mike-jenkins-to-visit-bills/
Let's see if this one works out.

DraftBoy
03-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Not sure on this move, at one point many thought he'd be a better fit at FS than at CB. Very fast CB who can close, but struggles flipping his hips and is susceptible to double moves. Straight line speed who struggles with fluidity.

Scumbag College
03-30-2013, 08:58 AM
Would be a good pickup. More exciting than the Manny Lawson signing, less exciting then bringing Mario in. Definitely need some help at the position.

better days
03-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Would be a good pickup. More exciting than the Manny Lawson signing, less exciting then bringing Mario in. Definitely need some help at the position.

It would be nice to get Jenkins, but I am excited about Lawson myself. Can't wait to watch him & Mario together next year.

coastal
03-30-2013, 09:12 AM
It would be nice to get Jenkins, but I am excited about Lawson myself. Can't wait to watch him & Mario together next year.
Oh yeah... One career underachiever motivating another career underachiever.

Shoul be riveting theater.

cookie G
03-30-2013, 09:21 AM
We could start Jenkins at LT and kick Glenn to guard.

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2013, 09:26 AM
We're being used as leverage as usual.

SquishDaFish
03-30-2013, 10:18 AM

Knew it wouldnt take your dumbass long to respond to betters post

coastal
03-30-2013, 10:24 AM
We could start Jenkins at LT and kick Glenn to guard.
Maybe Leodis can kick inside to nickel so we can draft Trufant 8th overall.

coastal
03-30-2013, 10:27 AM
Knew it wouldnt take your dumbass long to respond to betters post

gr8slayer
03-30-2013, 10:33 AM
I don't disagree with the assessment of his physical skills, but we've seen the experiment with him at FS; did not work. I don't think that it didn't work because he can't play the position, but because he has no desire to, and has made it known. Also, he has zero desire to take on contact from anyone bigger than him.
Not sure on this move, at one point many thought he'd be a better fit at FS than at CB. Very fast CB who can close, but struggles flipping his hips and is susceptible to double moves. Straight line speed who struggles with fluidity.

SpikedLemonade
03-30-2013, 11:10 AM
We seem so desperate.....because we are.

I hope this is just attempts to go through the motions towards a 2-14 season.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-30-2013, 11:13 AM
We seem so desperate.....because we are.

I hope this is just attempts to go through the motions towards a 2-14 season.

Spike, I agree we need to tank and get a first overall, but what makes you think we'd make a good selection if given that opportunity.

GingerP
03-30-2013, 11:47 AM
We're being used as leverage as usual.

I don't think so. He has an offer from the Jags (who he visited last Thursday and Friday) and will visit Oakland in addition to the Bills. None of those teams are preferred destinations. The guy is looking for the best deal, end of story.

SpikedLemonade
03-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Spike, I agree we need to tank and get a first overall, but what makes you think we'd make a good selection if given that opportunity.

Hope.

I only have two hopes left and neither includes hoping the Bills stay in Buffalo. If the new eventual owner shows a willingness to hire a real competent NFL front office and coaching staff, I don't want them moving. If the new owner plans on running the team like Ralph has, they can move and then I will be free to switch NFL teams. I have been a fan of the Buffalo Bills since 1968 and I have never switched my allegiance to a team I have rooted for except when Toronto obtained the Blue Jays and the Raptors. I am not from Buffalo -- close -- so if they move, I am gone.

My two hopes are:

(1) That once we tank this year, the decision on which QB to draft is so obvious that not even Ralph's buttheads can not screw it up. Now being 1-15 would be better than 2-14 to ensure the 1st pick overall. Having 2 consensus NFL franchise blue chip QBs come out in 2014 would also help. Meaningless late November and December wins in a 6-10 season bore me.

(2) That once Ralph departs, the new owner is aggressive, cleans house completely and radically changes the culture. If he does that but the results take time, I am willing to be patient. If he does what the Sabres owner did, I will be severely disappointed.

jwenger
03-30-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't think so. He has an offer from the Jags (who he visited last Thursday and Friday) and will visit Oakland in addition to the Bills. None of those teams are preferred destinations. The guy is looking for the best deal, end of story.

Whenever we are in ANY kind of competetion for a guy with any other team
we always lose out. Too bad we can't sign Jenkins because Miami is way way
ahead of us for acquiring talent this off season. They just signed B. Grimes
a former Falcon DB. Guess we just can't keep up.

X-Era
03-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Whenever we are in ANY kind of competetion for a guy with any other team
we always lose out. Too bad we can't sign Jenkins because Miami is way way
ahead of us for acquiring talent this off season. They just signed B. Grimes
a former Falcon DB. Guess we just can't keep up.
Right. Like with Mario for example?

BertSquirtgum
03-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Who cares. He will never sign here. I don't want to know about anybody coming here until they have a signed contract with the Bills.

BertSquirtgum
03-30-2013, 12:58 PM

The one and only example in which the Bills overpaid twofold.

coastal
03-30-2013, 01:01 PM
That's a rather limp wristed example!

SpikedLemonade
03-30-2013, 01:02 PM
The one and only example in which the Bills overpaid twofold.

I am starting to think threefold to fourfold.

X-Era
03-30-2013, 01:08 PM
That's a rather limp wristed example!
Overpaid or not, he chose us over even more competitive teams.

SpikedLemonade
03-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Overpaid or not, he chose us over even more competitive teams.

You can`t tell whose ******* the money has come from when it has been washed.

mrbojanglezs
03-30-2013, 02:12 PM
did Rob run a similar D as Rex? if so I can see him being interested in the bills as he would be familiar with this D

gr8slayer
03-30-2013, 02:31 PM
did Rob run a similar D as Rex? if so I can see him being interested in the bills as he would be familiar with this D

He did, and Jenkins was a very poor fit in a defense where CB's are asked to play on an "island" with big, physical WR's.

The Jokeman
03-31-2013, 10:29 AM
He did, and Jenkins was a very poor fit in a defense where CB's are asked to play on an "island" with big, physical WR's.

Then we let Jenkins cover Mike Wallace, Santonio Holmes and Danny Amendola with help from Jerius Byrd and let Gilmore take on the bigger guys. Yet as memory serves the Bills D was better last year planning more man than zone.

jwenger
03-31-2013, 01:36 PM
The Falcons paid Brent Grimes $10 million dollars last year to play DB.
I wonder what the Fins are paying him to get him this year??
We would be wise to extend Byrd RIGHT NOW instead of waiting
until he is a FA by then its too late and he is gone. Same goes for Spiller.
Lock them up before they fly the coop.

Mr. Miyagi
03-31-2013, 02:45 PM

Dude, since when did you become such a troll?

EDS
04-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Do people think so little of Aaron Williams that the team needs to bring in another corner that has questions as to his ability to be a starter? I thought the Bills have the back-up slots covered with McKelvin, Rogers and Brooks?