• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Holes vs. depth and FA's still out there

Guys, I don't like that we haven't signed more players anymore than the rest of you. Many seem to think we went from having lot's of options to help this team get better at the start of FA to nothing and no one who helps us be better. That's just not the case.

There are a lot of players out there still that can help this team. Lot's of these guys can be at least solid depth and several may be slight upgrades to current starters. Filling holes with guys that are at least solid for a short term is still helping this team. And having solid depth always helps a team.

OLB- We have a hole left by Barnett, we added Lawson but really we have Bradham and that's it. So really we should be asking ourselves if any of the guys still out there can be an upgrade to Bradham or be at least solid depth.

Daryl Smith
    Shaun Phillips
    James Harrison- yes old

ILB- Shepp sucks and he's the best of the bunch on our roster at the moment. To me, lot's of guys are upgrades to Shepp or would at least be solid depth.

Karlos Dansby- Probably the 2nd best ILB in all of FA IMO (behind Ellerbe)
    TKO- yes he's old
    Urlacher- yes he's old but he's still better than Shepp and could certainly be a solid backup
    Bart Scott- see Urlacher

CB- Gilmore is good. And then we have the rest which will all battle it out for #3 jobs in the Nickel, etc... Guys can come in and at least play as well as these guys.

Mike Jenkins
    Chris Gamble
    Deangelo Hall
    Jammer
    Asomugha

SS- We have Searcy. Again, same situation. We can still get guys who can compete with Searcy at a minimum.

Mikell
    Rhodes
    Sensabaugh
    Leonhard

G- We have Colin Brown. It's a hole and there's guys that can start at the spot now or at least be solid backups.

Matt Slauson
    Brandon Moore
    Lutui
    Ryan Lilja
    Leonhard Davis
    Mitch Petrus
    Russ Hochstein

WR- The question should be can we get someone better than Easley if Graham is a slot guy.

Brandon Lloyd
    DHB
    Braylon Edwards
    Devery Henderson
    Steve Smith
    Ramses Barden

TE- Can someone be better than Lee as our #2 TE and start until Chandler comes back

Dallas Clark
    Kellen Winslow
    Chris Cooley
    Kevin Boss
    Alex Smith

• better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Holes vs. depth and FA's still out there

And after the draft when a player unexpectedly falls to a team, that team will cut the expensive vet at that position on the roster. There will be MANY FAs available after the draft. I did not just come up with this myself, I have to credit Sirius radio.

Comment

• Raptor
      • Jan 2009

Re: Holes vs. depth and FA's still out there

meh, Dont really see any impact players

Dont want to spend to much money in FA'cy at this point and blow the 3rd round comp pick we are in line for for Levitre next year

Comment

Working...
      X