PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kolb is not made of glass. Kevin Kolb is much better than Fitzpatrick.

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't think he is made of glass. If you watched some of the pummeling hits he took and bounced right back up you could that he is actually pretty tough. Any human being after so many hits is going to get hurt sooner rather than later.

Destroyed here. I don't know how he got up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rL_u9eUcjy0

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Fitzpatrick couldn't ever dream of making this throw while the receiver is in stride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F1YZjiGkkag

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2013, 09:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D7BULg8lMpg

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2013, 09:46 AM
2012 highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IqF8zPicVwo

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2013, 09:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lT9sOAz_MVg

SpikedLemonade
03-31-2013, 09:55 AM
He clearly has a much better arm than Fitz.

I think it is irrelevant in this season, but he can play the part of a NFL QB for a season.

Cali512
03-31-2013, 11:46 AM
This is what ive been saying the past few weeks. He got sacked every 7 plays. Not to mention hed avg about 20 pressures a game. The OL was absolutely horrendous. I thought he was a very good QB after the STL game. He had 280 yds no TD or INT. But he was sacked 9 times with 26 hits and 30+ pressures. He kept the team within a score the whole game, and didnt make any mistakes to cost the team. With under 5 minutes he had the ball and was marching down the field, but was destroyed on a play and it ended there 4-0. Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers woulda all thrown multiple ints or given up. It was un human what Kolb went through in that game.

fluteflakes
03-31-2013, 11:53 AM
He heals excruciatingly slowly. His ribs should have healed in 5 weeks, not taken the entire season to heal fully. If he gets hurt, he's usually done for the year.

BillsFever21
03-31-2013, 03:34 PM
This is what ive been saying the past few weeks. He got sacked every 7 plays. Not to mention hed avg about 20 pressures a game. The OL was absolutely horrendous. I thought he was a very good QB after the STL game. He had 280 yds no TD or INT. But he was sacked 9 times with 26 hits and 30+ pressures. He kept the team within a score the whole game, and didnt make any mistakes to cost the team. With under 5 minutes he had the ball and was marching down the field, but was destroyed on a play and it ended there 4-0. Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers woulda all thrown multiple ints or given up. It was un human what Kolb went through in that game.

Are you seriously trying to compare Kevin Kolb to the Top 4 QB's in the game?

gr8slayer
03-31-2013, 04:01 PM
Not sure about "much better", but he's certainly more of a prototypical QB than Fitzpatrick.

braddavery
03-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Better arm, yeah. Better overall? Nope. He's a downgrade from Fitz.

coastal
03-31-2013, 04:52 PM
He needs a good oline?

we let our best olinemen go?

makes sense.

Johnny Bugmenot
03-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Sure, when a guy can't get the ball off on time, like ever, blame the O-line. Works every time.

Except when it comes to ending the unacceptably long playoff drought.

Cali512
03-31-2013, 05:22 PM
Are you seriously trying to compare Kevin Kolb to the Top 4 QB's in the game?

Im mainly just saying he handled having no protection amazingly. With those 4 QBs you pressure them and there useless. But Kolb can run around and break tackles on total busted plays, he makes plays out of nothing better than most QBs. If you get more than 5 sacks than you probably got the QB to throw a bunch of INTs, he threw i believe 1 INT in 3 games were the other team had 5+ sacks. All the QBs i listed when hit and sacked alot make mistakes, i guess i shouldnt of used their names, I was just trying to make that point that what he did with as little time he got, was incredible, and he never seemed to lose confidence from any of the shots. People say hes made of glass but was hit so much you cant blame any QB for getting injured. Id like to see how many injuries came during the games his line was horrific

He was a joke in my opinion untill i watched the STL game. Ive said this day one of saying Kolbs name on this site, the STL game was crazy. The pressure that STL had on him was crazy, the OL was a joke. As bad as it was he still made good passes when he could. But along with 9 sacks, there was a **** load of penalties on the OL that destroyed drives. He didnt panic, he was drilled so much it was sad. Half of me was thinking they should just give up and put Kolb on the bench and save his life. But no, they couldnt because even tho he didnt score, he made 0 mistakes which kept them within 7 points most of the game. He didnt lose the game, and did the best he could in the 2 seconds of time he sometimes got

JoeMama
03-31-2013, 05:25 PM
What an absurd thread.

If you think Kolb deserves a pass because AZ's o-line was bad, wait til you see him behind ours.

How can you possibly justify thinking Fitz is worse than Kolb?

You have eyes, right? You know what statistics are, right? Reconcile the two and join the rest of us in reality.

Outside of having a moderately better arm than Fitz, Kolb is statistically worse in every single category.

We have a genetic clone of Rob Johnson on our hands, and some of you bozos are happy about it...

Unreal.

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2013, 06:02 PM
Also, when teams needed to win Kevin Kolb drove down the field and scored instead of throwing game ending interceptions.

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2013, 06:04 PM
He heals excruciatingly slowly. His ribs should have healed in 5 weeks, not taken the entire season to heal fully. If he gets hurt, he's usually done for the year.

You don't think that was his plan? Would you have wanted to go back in the game and play behind that **** fest of an offensive line?

BillsFever21
03-31-2013, 06:15 PM
You don't think that was his plan? Would you have wanted to go back in the game and play behind that **** fest of an offensive line?

So if that was the case you are happy with a QB that is basically a coward and would rather fake his injury status then return during the season? Maybe we should pay him by the game instead of the season if that's the case.

braddavery
03-31-2013, 06:18 PM
Who cares about his arm and/or toughness when his peak results on the field have never been any better than Fitzpatrick's.

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2013, 06:40 PM
So if that was the case you are happy with a QB that is basically a coward and would rather fake his injury status then return during the season? Maybe we should pay him by the game instead of the season if that's the case.

Yes. I am.

- - - Updated - - -

What an absurd thread.

If you think Kolb deserves a pass because AZ's o-line was bad, wait til you see him behind ours.

You have eyes, right? You know what statistics are, right? Reconcile the two and join the rest of us in reality.

Outside of having a moderately better arm than Fitz, Kolb is statistically worse in every single category.

We have a genetic clone of Rob Johnson on our hands, and some of you bozos are happy about it...

Unreal.

Dumb post.

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2013, 06:44 PM
Look. I'm not saying he's going to be the Bills' savior. All I'm saying is that it was a smart signing by the Bills and he is much better than Fitzpatrick. Anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot. To just completely dismiss Kolb and say he sucks is the definition of stupidity and you're being unrealistic. He hasn't been given a chance behind a good line.

CoolBreeze
03-31-2013, 07:22 PM
Umm... Have you ever had you had sternum separation from your ribs? It's much like having open heart surgery. 3 months. But, I would like to see you throw a football 5 weeks after, much less take a hit after the same thing.

CoolBreeze
03-31-2013, 07:27 PM
8 million dollars per year for a Guard.. That makes sense?
He needs a good oline?

we let our best olinemen go?

makes sense.

EDS
03-31-2013, 07:31 PM
Also, when teams needed to win Kevin Kolb drove down the field and scored instead of throwing game ending interceptions.

Kolb has a 9 - 12 career record as a starter after 6 seasons. Not exactly impressive. He is a lateral move from Fitz and in no way solves the teams longstanding deficiency at the QB position.

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2013, 07:48 PM
Kolb has a 9 - 12 career record as a starter after 6 seasons. Not exactly impressive. He is a lateral move from Fitz and in no way solves the teams longstanding deficiency at the QB position.

No one ever said it did or has claimed it will. Nor is the 9-12 record enough to get a fair enough judgement on him.

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2013, 08:51 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Kevin-Kolb-Philadelphia-Eagles-scouting-exclusive-analysis-premier-player-on-trade-market-062911

Crisis
03-31-2013, 09:23 PM
I never really liked Kolb, but I went to the game in Arizona this year and gained a ton of respect for him. That OL was atrocious, guy was literally running around for his life the entire game. I'm ok with seeing what he has for a year while we groom someone else. I'm also ok with him being the back-up if they decide to go that way.

JoeMama
03-31-2013, 09:27 PM
It will be fun to look at his thread a year from now and make fun of the buffoons who like Kevin Kolb. Bookmarked!

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2013, 09:58 PM
It will be fun to look at his thread a year from now and make fun of the buffoons who like Kevin Kolb. Bookmarked!

You are an idiot and you are putting words into people's mouths. You wanted to go into the draft with T. Jackson and A. Corp on the roster? That's ******ed. The Bills did a smart thing and signed a guy that can start for them this year if the rookie doesn't beat him out in competition. Which the rookie likely won't. Why some of you ******ed idiots can't get that through your thick skulls is beyond my comprehension.

Show me one post that says, "Hey, I like Kevin Kolb."

JoeMama
03-31-2013, 11:09 PM
You are an idiot and you are putting words into people's mouths. You wanted to go into the draft with T. Jackson and A. Corp on the roster? That's ******ed. The Bills did a smart thing and signed a guy that can start for them this year if the rookie doesn't beat him out in competition. Which the rookie likely won't. Why some of you ******ed idiots can't get that through your thick skulls is beyond my comprehension.

Show me one post that says, "Hey, I like Kevin Kolb."

Here's my issue.

If you had named this thread, Kolb is a way more awesome backup than Tyler Thigpen, I'd say "OK this guy is smart."

Instead you claim Kolb is better than Fitz.

Comparing two piles of **** is a bad benchmark to begin with, but even sadder is that Fitz has been better than Kolb in every single category imaginable.

I'm okay with Kolb as a backup provided he almost never has to play.

But that's not how you framed your argument.

Cali512
03-31-2013, 11:46 PM
I never really liked Kolb, but I went to the game in Arizona this year and gained a ton of respect for him. That OL was atrocious, guy was literally running around for his life the entire game. I'm ok with seeing what he has for a year while we groom someone else. I'm also ok with him being the back-up if they decide to go that way.

This is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% what i think

BertSquirtgum
04-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Comparing two piles of **** is a bad benchmark to begin with, but even sadder is that Fitz has been better than Kolb in every single category imaginable.

That's hilarious and I'll prove you wrong in one minute.

BertSquirtgum
04-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick - 81 interceptions
Kevin Kolb - 25 interceptions

Ryan Fitzpatrick - .360 win percentage
Kevin Kolb - .409 win percentage

So, you made a false statement.

JoeMama
04-01-2013, 12:39 AM
That's hilarious and I'll prove you wrong in one minute.

Well since you didn't spend "one minute" doing just that, I can safely assume this is just more bluster from yet another a dead-eyed Buddy Nix apologist with a 4th grade education.

Kevin Kolb is awful.

BTW a guy who only started 5, 9, and 5 games in the past three years is definitely injury prone.

But by all means, have fun defending this loser.

In 2014 you're going to be offering me your apologies.

JoeMama
04-01-2013, 12:44 AM

Of course Kevin Kolb has less interceptions, you dumbass, he's started 21 games in his entire career (dating back to 2007). Fitz has taken the majority of his team's snaps for almost 4 full seasons.

And it's funny how a difference between .36 and .41 winning % constitutes a huge advantage to you.

Pretty pathetic.

BertSquirtgum
04-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Well since you didn't spend "one minute" doing just that, I can safely assume this is just more bluster from yet another a dead-eyed Buddy Nix apologist with a 4th grade education.

Kevin Kolb is awful.

BTW a guy who only started 5, 9, and 5 games in the past three years is definitely injury prone.

But by all means, have fun defending this loser.

In 2014 you're going to be offering me your apologies.

Wrong. I hate Buddy Nix.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course Kevin Kolb has less interceptions, you dumbass, he's started 21 games in his entire career (dating back to 2007). Fitz has taken the majority of his team's snaps for almost 4 full seasons.

And it's funny how a difference between .36 and .41 winning % constitutes a huge advantage to you.

Pretty pathetic.

Just proves you're a liar and your comments have no merit.

JoeMama
04-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Wrong. I hate Buddy Nix.

- - - Updated - - -

Just proves you're a liar and your comments have no merit.

This has got to be the most pathetic attempt at spin I've ever seen.

Fitz has started 65 games to Kolb's 21.

OF COURSE HE HAS MORE INTERCEPTIONS YOU ****ING MORON.

Are you drunk or just playing stupid?

Don't waste my time with this BS.

BertSquirtgum
04-01-2013, 01:30 AM
Don't make statements if you don't know what you're talking about. You were wrong. Admit it, or don't. I don't care.

JoeMama
04-01-2013, 02:04 AM
Don't make statements if you don't know what you're talking about. You were wrong. Admit it, or don't. I don't care.

Funny joke, bro!

Kolb has more interceptions per game than Fitzpatrick. Yet to you, in your bizarro world, that makes Kolb better.

Complete insanity.

Enjoy doing whatever it is you do, because you wouldn't last a day as a real evaluator of talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you're stupid.

TrEd FTW
04-01-2013, 02:44 AM
Joe wins via first-round knockout.

kishoph
04-01-2013, 03:40 AM

I think that Fitz's 20-33 record as the Bills starter is a little worse. Fitz was failing with the Bills and was showing no signs of improving. It was time they had to move him and try someone new. Will Kolb be the answer ? I'm not sure he'll even beat out T-Jax, but since he was a FA, there's no harm bringing him in to take a look. I prefer this move over trading for Matt Flynn.

Historian
04-01-2013, 04:39 AM
Should have just kept Putzputrid...

SquishDaFish
04-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Should have just kept Putzputrid...

Yea sure if he would of took a paycut to make alot less

ServoBillieves
04-01-2013, 08:01 AM
You guys are right. I wanted Tavaris Jackson to start too, and since there is such an incredible amount of QB talent in the draft and left in FA it was stupid of us to sign a guy who has played snaps at the NFL level. Why the hell didn't we make a move on... well damn I can't even follow up that sarcasm with a name.

But you guys are right, we should've gone in to the season with a rookie, Aaron Corp, and Tavaris Jackson. If that doesn't scream "Camp QB competition!" then I just don't know what does!

better days
04-01-2013, 08:02 AM

Exactly. Kolb won't cost much more in two years than Fitz would have in one & that is if Kolb hits ALL his incentives & is paid his max. If that happens, it would mean Kolb is at least starting & probably playing better than Fitz has as a Bill.

I don't care about the numbers on a page. When I watched Kolb & Fitz play on the field, it is very clear that Kolb has a much better skill set than Fitz. IF & it is a BIG IF Kolb can stay healthy, I think he puts up GOOD numbers as a Bill.

And if Kolb does not stay healthy, at least we have TJax & the Rookie Phenom waiting in the wings to take over & the cost for Kolb will drop like a rock.

justasportsfan
04-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Did Kolb play WCO in ARZ?He seemed to play better in Philly when he did.

Kolb IMO is a Fitz that plays WCO.

EDS
04-01-2013, 08:25 AM
I think that Fitz's 20-33 record as the Bills starter is a little worse. Fitz was failing with the Bills and was showing no signs of improving. It was time they had to move him and try someone new. Will Kolb be the answer ? I'm not sure he'll even beat out T-Jax, but since he was a FA, there's no harm bringing him in to take a look. I prefer this move over trading for Matt Flynn.

My point is that this should not be viewed as a long-term move and that it does not obviate the dire need to draft and develop a franchise QB.

I also think one could take the view, which is supportable, that they already have one mediocre veteran QB on the roster in Jackson and that they may be better off either being mediocre with him or being awful, rather than taking two bites at the mediocre apple with Kolb now on board. Given the change in coaching regimes and the large roster turnover it may make sense to bottom out in 2013 with the goal of developing young players rather then spinning wheels at 6-10 perpetually.

kishoph
04-01-2013, 09:24 AM
My point is that this should not be viewed as a long-term move and that it does not obviate the dire need to draft and develop a franchise QB.

I totally agree with this, I have said that I'm all right with getting Kolb, as long as it doesn't stop them from taking the QB who they feel best fits their plans in the draft. I still think they have to use their 1st pick to get him, unless they can trade back up into the 1st, because I believe that the top 3-4 QB's in the draft will be gone by the time the Bills pick in the 2nd.

better days
04-01-2013, 09:32 AM

I also think one could take the view, which is supportable, that they already have one mediocre veteran QB on the roster in Jackson and that they may be better off either being mediocre with him or being awful, rather than taking two bites at the mediocre apple with Kolb now on board. Given the change in coaching regimes and the large roster turnover it may make sense to bottom out in 2013 with the goal of developing young players rather then spinning wheels at 6-10 perpetually.

NO HC is ever going to go into a season with the idea of hitting rock bottom. Especially his FIRST season. Marrone will want to establish himself this year along with his staff & their systems. You don't get players to buy into you & your system by losing games.

And with the talent the Bills have on the roster already along with Pettine & his scheme on defense, the Bills most likely win 6 games minimum even with mediocre QB play.

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" ;Herm Edwards.

malvado78
04-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Kolb has more interceptions per game than Fitzpatrick. Yet to you, in your bizarro world, that makes Kolb better.

Fitz: 81 int / 65 games = 1.25 int's/game
Kolb: 25 int / 21 games = 1.19 int's/game

I am lost. I think you live in a "bizarro world". Cuz in mine 1.19 is not more than 1.25. SO your not making a very good argument either.

Picking up Kolb does not give the Bills a day 1 bona fide starting QB but it is a much better position to not reach for one of the very risky QB's that will be available in this draft.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Fitz: 81 int / 65 games = 1.25 int's/game
Kolb: 25 int / 21 games = 1.19 int's/game

I am lost. I think you live in a "bizarro world". Cuz in mine 1.19 is not more than 1.25. SO your not making a very good argument either.

Picking up Kolb does not give the Bills a day 1 bona fide starting QB but it is a much better position to not reach for one of the very risky QB's that will be available in this draft.

For god's sakes, maybe we should actually use the correct numbers somewhere. First off, stop using dividing their INTs by their starts, QBs can come on in play #2 and throw 55 passes and it doesn't count as a start. You have to divide it by their throws.

Fitz: 81 INTs on 2249 attempts - 3.6% INTs
Kolb: 25 INTs on 755 attempts - 3.3% INTs

So, yes Fitz does throw more picks. That doesn't make Kolb "much better than" him alone, so where is this clear advantage? Kolb takes more sacks (a LOT more sacks), misses significantly more time to injury, completes passes at the same rate, throws fewer touchdowns...

Where's the upgrade? This seems like a lateral move.

EDS
04-01-2013, 11:21 AM
NO HC is ever going to go into a season with the idea of hitting rock bottom. Especially his FIRST season. Marrone will want to establish himself this year along with his staff & their systems. You don't get players to buy into you & your system by losing games.

And with the talent the Bills have on the roster already along with Pettine & his scheme on defense, the Bills most likely win 6 games minimum even with mediocre QB play.

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" ;Herm Edwards.

The GM should be thinking long-term. Players believed in Jimmy Johnson in Dallas despite going 1-15 his first season playing two rookie QBs who were not ready . . .

Mike13
04-01-2013, 11:29 AM
I always knew the JP vs Trent threads would be back in spirit.

better days
04-01-2013, 11:31 AM
The GM should be thinking long-term. Players believed in Jimmy Johnson in Dallas despite going 1-15 his first season playing two rookie QBs who were not ready . . .

Jimmy was both defacto GM & HC. in most cases, the GM acquires the players & the HC then takes responsibility for their play.

Last year Chan REFUSED to give either VY or TJax a chance even though it was obvious to everyone but him that Fitz was going to take this team nowhere. He stuck with Fitz until the bitter end winning the last game with him but losing too many with him.

The ONLY reason Chan stuck with Fitz is in his mind Fitz gave him the best chance to win.

sukie
04-01-2013, 12:03 PM
I always knew the JP vs Trent threads would be back in spirit.

Toss in a few Holcombes for good measure.

EDS
04-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Jimmy was both defacto GM & HC. in most cases, the GM acquires the players & the HC then takes responsibility for their play.

Last year Chan REFUSED to give either VY or TJax a chance even though it was obvious to everyone but him that Fitz was going to take this team nowhere. He stuck with Fitz until the bitter end winning the last game with him but losing too many with him.

The ONLY reason Chan stuck with Fitz is in his mind Fitz gave him the best chance to win.

Let's be honest, neither Vince Younf nor Travaris Jackson were taking the Bills anywhere either. That should be obvious - even more so that they felt uncomfortable with Jackson as the sole veteran on the roster (assume roookie draft pick in round one or two as well).

feldspar
04-01-2013, 12:44 PM

Yeah, but here is the thing about that:

Fitz has a 2-year deal in Tennessee for $6.5 million
Kolb has a 2-year deal in Buffalo for $13 million

That's where things stand TODAY. We'll have to actually see Kolb's contract details to determine how it's structured and how much of that money is tied up in incentives, but I think that it's clear that Kolb is to make more money in Buffalo than Fitz is going to make in Tennessee. Don't forget about the $10 million in dead-cap space Fitz left us. I imagine Kolb left something similar in Arizona for THEM to deal with.

I really have no idea what they offered to Fitz to stay in Buffalo by restructuring his deal or how that would have affected his bottom line. I'm not the one with a degree in Economics from Harvard, either...Fitz is.

The point is that perhaps we could have even kept Fitz for less than Kolb. Their sagas are quite similar in a lot of ways, especially why they both found themselves on the market this year. Anyway, I think it was time for Fitz to move on, though. I've pretty much seen enough of him myself. Do I think that Kolb is considerably better than Fitz? No, not really. I agree with those that think this is a lateral move. On the other hand, I'm sick of Fitz, so I approve of bringing in a fresh face...something different.

The important thing here is that neither Fitz nor Kolb is the answer, in all likelihood. We need to draft a QB high...maybe the Kolb move makes the Bills a little less desperate for a QB at #8, and they can wait until round 2 or trade back up into the first...or even trade back from 8 and pick up more picks. We'll see. I don't know who the Bills are targeting...but they'd better be targeting SOMEBODY because the future of this team is not currently on the roster.

Most teams picking ahead of the Bills are kind of covering their bases too:
- The Chiefs traded for Alex Smith
- The Raiders traded for Matt Flynn
- Cleveland picked up Jason Campbell
- Who knows as if the Raiders will pursue Carson Palmer?
- Now the Bills pick up Kevin Kolb

Only Jacksonville is sitting on their hands. I'd start Henne over Gabbert there, but don't be surprised if they draft Geno Smith if they like him at all. The Eagles could still draft a QB to groom behind Vick. This is going to be one hell of an interesting draft to watch...to see where the QBs go and who takes them when. I really have no idea at this point.

JediMindPowers
04-01-2013, 12:56 PM
If you think that Kolb is that much of an upgrade over Fitz, you're an idiot.

JediMindPowers
04-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Its not signing Kolb per se that makes me mad, its the fact that I know what this is all about.

OBD made a hole by not signing Levitre because, get this, he got too good for this team, that he was deemed detrimental to the finances of the team.

So, the idiots let him walk...fine, whatever.

Then Buddy Einstein goes and, like the village idiot he is, falls for the world's worst executed three-way call prank and in the process trashes Fitz sooo bad they have to get rid of him ASAP because of Buddy's public shame from his private conversation.

Fast forward weeks later and to cover their asses, they sign Kolb and get ready to draft a guard in the first round to replace the one that got too good.

Thats our team so far in the off-season.

It has been such an embarrassment.

better days
04-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Yeah, but here is the thing about that:

Fitz has a 2-year deal in Tennessee for $6.5 million
Kolb has a 2-year deal in Buffalo for $13 million

That's where things stand TODAY. We'll have to actually see Kolb's contract details to determine how it's structured and how much of that money is tied up in incentives, but I think that it's clear that Kolb is to make more money in Buffalo than Fitz is going to make in Tennessee. Don't forget about the $10 million in dead-cap space Fitz left us. I imagine Kolb left something similar in Arizona for THEM to deal with.

I really have no idea what they offered to Fitz to stay in Buffalo by restructuring his deal or how that would have affected his bottom line. I'm not the one with a degree in Economics from Harvard, either...Fitz is.

The point is that perhaps we could have even kept Fitz for less than Kolb. Their sagas are quite similar in a lot of ways, especially why they both found themselves on the market this year. Anyway, I think it was time for Fitz to move on, though. I've pretty much seen enough of him myself. Do I think that Kolb is considerably better than Fitz? No, not really. I agree with those that think this is a lateral move. On the other hand, I'm sick of Fitz, so I approve of bringing in a fresh face...something different.

The important thing here is that neither Fitz nor Kolb is the answer, in all likelihood. We need to draft a QB high...maybe the Kolb move makes the Bills a little less desperate for a QB at #8, and they can wait until round 2 or trade back up into the first...or even trade back from 8 and pick up more picks. We'll see. I don't know who the Bills are targeting...but they'd better be targeting SOMEBODY because the future of this team is not currently on the roster.

Most teams picking ahead of the Bills are kind of covering their bases too:
- The Chiefs traded for Alex Smith
- The Raiders traded for Matt Flynn
- Cleveland picked up Jason Campbell
- Who knows as if the Raiders will pursue Carson Palmer?
- Now the Bills pick up Kevin Kolb

Only Jacksonville is sitting on their hands. I'd start Henne over Gabbert there, but don't be surprised if they draft Geno Smith if they like him at all. The Eagles could still draft a QB to groom behind Vick. This is going to be one hell of an interesting draft to watch...to see where the QBs go and who takes them when. I really have no idea at this point.

The difference is the only way Fitz ever starts for the Titans is if Locker gets injured. Fitz got a back up contract period. Kolb's contract takes into account the posibility he may start.

BertSquirtgum
04-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Funny joke, bro!

Complete insanity.

Enjoy doing whatever it is you do, because you wouldn't last a day as a real evaluator of talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Also you're stupid.

You still haven't admitted you were wrong.

BertSquirtgum
04-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Joe wins via first-round knockout.

Incorrect just like Joe was when he said Fitz was better in every stat imaginable.

JediMindPowers
04-01-2013, 01:20 PM
The difference is the only way Fitz ever starts for the Titans is if Locker gets injured. Fitz got a back up contract period. Kolb's contract takes into account the posibility he may start.

Did you not see Kolb when he was with the Eagles and Cardinals?

He was freakin' terrible, dude.

He was worse than Fitz.

- - - Updated - - -

Kolb also has no feel for pressure at all.

I mean absolutely none.

BertSquirtgum
04-01-2013, 01:20 PM
If you think that Kolb is that much of an upgrade over Fitz, you're an idiot.

Did you watch Fitzputrid play the last three years? I did. ****ing terrible.

BertSquirtgum
04-01-2013, 01:23 PM

He was worse than Fitz.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean absolutely none.

You are delusional.

JediMindPowers
04-01-2013, 01:25 PM
You are delusional.

No you are...really. I mean, Kevin Kolb...?

Are you kidding me?

Maybe you're right that he is better than Fitz, it wont matter because its not by much and Fitz already is a horrible quarterback.

What does that tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you watch Fitzputrid play the last three years? I did. ****ing terrible.

I know Fitz is horrible, but Kolb is too.

They're both horrible.

BertSquirtgum
04-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Fitzpatrick is so ****ing bad that it's hard to describe how bad he is. I can't even believe any ******s are arguing that Kevin Kolb is not better than noodle arm. Fitzpatrick ball washers coming out to play I guess.

Cali512
04-01-2013, 01:30 PM

God damnit! I was on your side until now, what a stupid point to try to make

BertSquirtgum
04-01-2013, 01:31 PM
God damnit! I was on your side until now, what a stupid point to try to make

How is it stupid to prove someone wrong who said Fitz was better than Kolb in every stat imaginable?

BertSquirtgum
04-01-2013, 01:35 PM
A lot of April fools in here.

Cali512
04-01-2013, 01:36 PM
For god's sakes, maybe we should actually use the correct numbers somewhere. First off, stop using dividing their INTs by their starts, QBs can come on in play #2 and throw 55 passes and it doesn't count as a start. You have to divide it by their throws.

Fitz: 81 INTs on 2249 attempts - 3.6% INTs
Kolb: 25 INTs on 755 attempts - 3.3% INTs

So, yes Fitz does throw more picks. That doesn't make Kolb "much better than" him alone, so where is this clear advantage? Kolb takes more sacks (a LOT more sacks), misses significantly more time to injury, completes passes at the same rate, throws fewer touchdowns...

Where's the upgrade? This seems like a lateral move.

Kolb doesnt "take" alot of sacks. Honestly he takes very little compared to what he should. If you have watched AZ over the past few years, Kolb usually is hit 30/50 throws. Give me a video that hes standing in the pocket forever and getting drilled. Usually if he doesnt get the ball out after 2 steps hes sacked. Hes made many plays out of nothing and doesnt do stupid things when under pressure like Fitz does. I dont think you could fairly judge him based on AZ, his OL was horrendous and Kolbs not the only QB to get injured in the past few years in AZ. Just about every QB that comes in gets injured with that OL

better days
04-01-2013, 01:39 PM

He was worse than Fitz.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean absolutely none.

I have seen both Fitz & Kolb play & I can tell you Fitz does not have half the arm that Kolb does. And Kolb will be MUCH cheaper than Fitz would have been had the Bills kept him. Even if Fitz were as good as Kolb, which he is not, the Bills SAVED a LOT of MONEY by cutting Fitz & signing Kolb.

Cali512
04-01-2013, 01:41 PM
How is it stupid to prove someone wrong who said Fitz was better than Kolb in every stat imaginable?

TD/INT ratio Kolb
1st yr playing- 0-4
2nd yr- 4-3
3rd- 7-7
4th- 9-8
5th- 8-3

Fitz

1st year- 4-8
2nd year playing- 8-9
3rd year- 9-10
4th year- 23-15
5th year- 24-23
6th year- 24-16

Kolb has had a much worse TD/INT ratio in his career than Fitz

Cali512
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM

He was worse than Fitz.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean absolutely none.

Dude i give you absolutely no respect for that statement. What a stupid thing to say. Kolb handles pressure very good for what he has to deal with. Hes had less time to throw than any QB ive seen the last few years. His OL made the Bleadsoe-Edwards OL era look like a group of HOFers. If your getting hit and having no time at all, then its gonna **** up your sense of pressure. After a while your just going to throw the ball immediately or move around a bit because you think pressure will be coming. But last year, he fixed that alot. Something clicked for him last year and hes learned how to deal with it. When he got time he hung in there last year, you could show every snap he took after he was hit and hed still throw the ball like hes had a clean pocket the whole game. I watched every game but Seattle last year, so ive seen him play. I doubt you have.

Ive stated countless times that i hated him before last year. It wasnt till i realized how much pressure he was really under every snap and how terrible of a situation it was for him, including playing 2 teams that ended up in the playoffs, and going 4-1 while getting sacked every 7 snaps. He didnt gimic his way to wins (aside from that QB sneak). He played like a NFL QB, his runs came when stepping up in the pocket. Not running around in circles like an idiot like most panicd QBs do, and he can pick up yardage. He was forced to run alot because of his OL, but you could tell it wasnt something he wanted to do. Im just saying with a quick strike offense, already coupled with a good OL and RBs, this could be the perfect team for him, and dont say "thats what we said about Young". Because "I" did not.

feldspar
04-01-2013, 02:02 PM

Sure, like I said, I'm very interested to see what the contract details and incentives are on Kolb's contract. If he doesn't start, then he's still making more than Fitz in all likelihood though. We are talking about Jake Locker here, so Fitz has a shot at starting at one point, too IMO. I think going there was a smart move by him.

I think some of you guys are bickering over nothing, though. I don't think that very many people want Kolb OR Fitzpatrick to start for this team. I think that the Bills had to do SOMETHING to pick up a guy that could play if we needed him. Yeah, we already have Jackson, but still...he ain't Joe Montana either. So, while the move to pick up Kolb makes a certain amount of sense if you look at it, I think we'd be basically wasting our time starting Kolb in the same way we were wasting our time starting Fitzy. We gotta draft somebody this year too, and the my hope is THAT will be the guy. It's a tough spot the Bills put themselves in, and now they gotta deal with it.

I completely understand the people that are fed up with Fitz. I too had to watch him start FIFTY-THREE games for the Bills...over three years in total. I did not want to have to see him start another game for this ball club...anything but that. The thing is, though, is that Fitzy's failures thus far have hit Bills fans so much closer to home than Kevin Kolb's failures, over-payments, and so forth. In other words, you tend to take what Fitzy did up to this point more personally. I understand that much. That's natural.

But if Kolb is slightly better than Fitzpatrick, that wouldn't exactly make him good either, would it? Being different doesn't translate into being better. I can't believe this thread. The bottom line is that we still need a QB. I'm not going to sit here AGAIN and hope, pray, and expect somebody to "turn things around" who hasn't performed up to par until this point...especially when he hasn't even played a down for my team yet. I'm entirely sick of doing that.

This is Kolb's 7th season, and he was free on the open market for a good reason. Fitzpatrick was free on the open market for a good reason too. The major reason why I prefer Kolb over Fitzpatrick is that he is not Fitzpatrick. Kolb will be 29 before the season starts...Tarvaris Jackson will be 30. Fitz will be 31 before the season is over. These guys aren't anybody's future. Yeah, I'll root for Kolb and Jackson (not so much Fitz) if they start, but I do not get a warm feeling about his.

Gotta draft somebody.

PTI
04-01-2013, 02:06 PM
At least the Bills will still have a #4 on their roster, Thigpen was important to this team, and had an underground fan base who will rejoice that their #4 jerseys will be on the field next year.

better days
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Sure, like I said, I'm very interested to see what the contract details and incentives are on Kolb's contract. If he doesn't start, then he's still making more than Fitz in all likelihood though. We are talking about Jake Locker here, so Fitz has a shot at starting at one point, too IMO. I think going there was a smart move by him.

I think some of you guys are bickering over nothing, though. I don't think that very many people want Kolb OR Fitzpatrick to start for this team. I think that the Bills had to do SOMETHING to pick up a guy that could play if we needed him. Yeah, we already have Jackson, but still...he ain't Joe Montana either. So, while the move to pick up Kolb makes a certain amount of sense if you look at it, I think we'd be basically wasting our time starting Kolb in the same way we were wasting our time starting Fitzy. We gotta draft somebody this year too, and the my hope is THAT will be the guy. It's a tough spot the Bills put themselves in, and now they gotta deal with it.

I completely understand the people that are fed up with Fitz. I too had to watch him start FIFTY-THREE games for the Bills...over three years in total. I did not want to have to see him start another game for this ball club...anything but that. The thing is, though, is that Fitzy's failures thus far have hit Bills fans so much closer to home than Kevin Kolb's failures, over-payments, and so forth. In other words, you tend to take what Fitzy did up to this point more personally. I understand that much. That's natural.

But if Kolb is slightly better than Fitzpatrick, that wouldn't exactly make him good either, would it? Being different doesn't translate into being better. I can't believe this thread. The bottom line is that we still need a QB. I'm not going to sit here AGAIN and hope, pray, and expect somebody to "turn things around" who hasn't performed up to par until this point...especially when he hasn't even played a down for my team yet. I'm entirely sick of doing that.

This is Kolb's 7th season, and he was free on the open market for a good reason. Fitzpatrick was free on the open market for a good reason too. The major reason why I prefer Kolb over Fitzpatrick is that he is not Fitzpatrick. Kolb will be 29 before the season starts...Tarvaris Jackson will be 30. Fitz will be 31 before the season is over. These guys aren't anybody's future. Yeah, I'll root for Kolb and Jackson (not so much Fitz) if they start, but I do not get a warm feeling about his.

Gotta draft somebody.

Well, if going to the Titans was a smart move by Fitz, so was coming to Buffalo a smart move by Kolb. Kolb has a MUCH better chance to get his career back on track in Buffalo than Fitz does in Tenn. It would be as big a surprise as Kurt Warner if any of these guys do ANYTHING, but as I said, at least Kolb will be CHEAPER for the Bills than Fitz would have been & as you pointed out we won't have to watch Fitz anymore, I think we all have seen more than enough of him.

PTI
04-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Fitz is a you have no chance type of QB. Bills have a chance with Kolb. That is a huge difference right there.

TedMock
04-01-2013, 03:10 PM

Gotta draft somebody.

THIS is a far more reasonable response/approach than many have. I don't think anybody in the Bills organization thinks Kolb is the team's savior. He wasn't my first choice in FA QB's either. Having said that, he also doesn't suck the way some are saying. Having a couple guys with experience duke it out a bit with a rookie is a far better approach than just relying on one vet and a rookie. Nobody thinks Kolb is the answer, but we have to start creating some competition to move forward. Flynn and Palmer are probably too expensive (I can't believe that I actually said that) and Kolb's contract is supposedly incentive laden. We'll see. Miami did the same thing and it takes some pressure off the team to immediately grab a QB in round one unless that QB is the best player on their board given the positions. If Geno (assuming he's their top rated QB) is gone and they have four guys with similar 2nd-3rd round grades, thene they can draft another position and move to QB at a more appropriate time. I'm not thrilled, but I'm fine with the approach.

stuckincincy
04-01-2013, 03:25 PM
THIS is a far more reasonable response/approach than many have. I don't think anybody in the Bills organization thinks Kolb is the team's savior. He wasn't my first choice in FA QB's either. Having said that, he also doesn't suck the way some are saying. Having a couple guys with experience duke it out a bit with a rookie is a far better approach than just relying on one vet and a rookie. Nobody thinks Kolb is the answer, but we have to start creating some competition to move forward. Flynn and Palmer are probably too expensive (I can't believe that I actually said that) and Kolb's contract is supposedly incentive laden. We'll see. Miami did the same thing and it takes some pressure off the team to immediately grab a QB in round one unless that QB is the best player on their board given the positions. If Geno (assuming he's their top rated QB) is gone and they have four guys with similar 2nd-3rd round grades, thene they can draft another position and move to QB at a more appropriate time. I'm not thrilled, but I'm fine with the approach.

BUF has "backfilled" with vets through a number of years. Kolb is the latest. Some with a hope to start, some destined as backups - who seldom see a whit of playing time in today's NFL. You don't need an older vet to "tutor" a draftee. If that's the case, get rid of that QB coach position.

Draft Smith or Barkley or whoever at #8. Deferring to next year, hoping the Messiah is there, rolling the dice on their W-L record and where they are in the draft order - jeeze. :cuss:

feldspar
04-01-2013, 03:28 PM

Right, Ted. Also, like I said, the Bills put themselves into this less-than-ideal situation, and now they are forced to deal with the reality of it. There really wasn't all that much available on the free agent market, and you have some teams actually trading for some wildcard players like Alex Smith and Matt Flynn. The market is not very good, and we had to do something. Kolb is actually probably our best bet at this point in time for at least some competition...and I can't believe I'm saying THAT either, but it's the truth.

The only thing is I think that, the way things are geared now, the Bills will probably have to reach for a QB in the draft. That's kind of the trend now, so if they just take the approach where they wait until their man falls to them in the 2nd round, that could be a mistake, and they'll miss out on him. Like I say, I have no idea who the Bills are realistically targeting in this draft. I don't envy them their choice, either. Gotta figure that other teams may use the strategy of waiting until the second round too. That's where Kolb was picked, too...at the top of the 2nd.

feldspar
04-01-2013, 03:35 PM
BUF has "backfilled" with vets through a number of years. Kolb is the latest. Some with a hope to start, some destined as backups - who seldom see a whit of playing time in today's NFL. You don't need an older vet to "tutor" a draftee. If that's the case, get rid of that QB coach position.

Draft Smith or Barkley or whoever at #8. Deferring to next year, hoping the Messiah is there, rolling the dice on their W-L record and where they are in the draft order - jeeze. :cuss:

Could be that there is no really good QB in this year's draft class, I dunno. It's happened more than once before, and it's happened recently. Like I've said several times, the picture painted isn't a very pretty one. If you look at what the other teams that need a QB and are picking ahead of Buffalo are doing, this is a direct reflection of this sentiment. These other teams are making moves to pick up insurance policies at QB at the very least.

I have no strong feelings for any of these QBs this year. Tough spot. Somebody knows more than I do, I'm sure.

Cali512
04-01-2013, 04:06 PM
I do find it funny that

After coaches in the top 10 got to there team, and had a pick that they couldve started there tenor with whomever they wanted, all immediately looked at every other option

KC- Alex Smith
Philly- Signed Dennis Dixon, retains Michael Vick, does not put Foles on trading block
Then after combine and some pro-days

Oak- Trade-Flynn
Clev- Signed Jason Campbell (probably giving Weeden 1 more year, they know they need a instant impact player this year)
AZ- Kept there confidence in Skelton and Lindley, and also went out and got Carson Palmer (or close to, i read it on ESPN)
Buf- Signed Nick Foles, Resigned Travaris Jackson

Thats incredible honesty. It shows that no one wants any of these guys, every team immediately got someone to play in case the rookie doesnt pan out, or just to avoid drafting one all together. Ive never seen so many teams get so scared and desperate after seeing the top QBs workout

IlluminatusUIUC
04-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Kolb doesnt "take" alot of sacks. Honestly he takes very little compared to what he should. If you have watched AZ over the past few years, Kolb usually is hit 30/50 throws. Give me a video that hes standing in the pocket forever and getting drilled. Usually if he doesnt get the ball out after 2 steps hes sacked. Hes made many plays out of nothing and doesnt do stupid things when under pressure like Fitz does. I dont think you could fairly judge him based on AZ, his OL was horrendous and Kolbs not the only QB to get injured in the past few years in AZ. Just about every QB that comes in gets injured with that OL

He doesn't do stupid things like throw picks, but he doesn't do the smart thing either. His sack rates are atrocious, near 13% this year (twice as much as the other Arizona QBs) and 10% last year (hugely worse than Skelton and one of the worst %s in the league).

Having a bad OL is one thing, Kolb clearly did. But the QB has a lot of responsibility in passing protection. Helping the line call out blitzers and adjusting protection, moving in the pocket to buy time, throwing the ball away or to hot wideouts, etc. Kolb doesn't do those well.

TedMock
04-01-2013, 08:19 PM

I did not say they need somebody to tutor them or that I want to roll the dice on waiting til next year. Not sure if you accidentally quoted me since the response doesn't fit, but just in case I wasn't clear or you misread it. I WANT them to draft a guy this year either way. If their guy is there at 8 then grab him. No doubt about it. If there are a few guys they have similar non-1st round grades on then grab them in 2 or 3. Basically, I'm good with competition and drafting a guy early within reason. I don't clamor for Kolb or any of the rookies in particular.

BertSquirtgum
04-01-2013, 10:05 PM
He doesn't do stupid things like throw picks, but he doesn't do the smart thing either. His sack rates are atrocious, near 13% this year (twice as much as the other Arizona QBs) and 10% last year (hugely worse than Skelton and one of the worst %s in the league).

Having a bad OL is one thing, Kolb clearly did. But the QB has a lot of responsibility in passing protection. Helping the line call out blitzers and adjusting protection, moving in the pocket to buy time, throwing the ball away or to hot wideouts, etc. Kolb doesn't do those well.

:crazy:

JoeMama
08-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Bump...

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Bump

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2013, 08:28 PM
I had hope that it was just bad luck on his behalf but he truly has two left feet and can't stay healthy. Clearly I was wrong and have no problem admitting it.

BillsFever21
08-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Saying Kolb is made of glass is giving him a compliment. It's more like the plastic covers that bums use as their windows instead of buying a new one.

Novacane
08-25-2013, 08:30 PM
I had hope that it was just bad luck on his behalf but he truly has two left feet and can't stay healthy. Clearly I was wrong and have no problem admitting it.

You weren't the only one. I thought he deserved another chance. Clearly he'll never stay healthy. I always thought "injury prone" was BS but KK has made me change my mind on that!

BillsFever21
08-25-2013, 08:41 PM
There are many other threads like this one if you search around the archives. There were many idiots who said he wasn't injury prone even though he had missed more games with injuries then he had played.

Skooby
08-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Opposite thread:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/219839-Kolb-s-made-of-glass-Been-hurt-early-in-camp-before (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/219839-Kolb-s-made-of-glass-Been-hurt-early-in-camp-before)

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Opposite thread:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/219839-Kolb-s-made-of-glass-Been-hurt-early-in-camp-before (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/219839-Kolb-s-made-of-glass-Been-hurt-early-in-camp-before)

Pathetic loser. I hope one day you can move out of the trailer park and have a better life.

Turf
08-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Made of glass or not, the way he stared down his receiver from the snap of the ball told me he had nothing offer.

BADTHINGSMAN
08-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Pathetic loser. I hope one day you can move out of the trailer park and have a better life.

Much easier to toot your own horn when you bring up something after the fact. Never have to eat crow that way.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-25-2013, 11:06 PM
god the pride on this board is beyond the pale...

Skooby
08-26-2013, 12:14 AM

Taking credit for being stupid doesn't make you smart, it just means you're stupid. Use this lesson to think before you post / speak, something I'm sure that has escaped you your whole life. Your English is also hump 101, a product of your environment I'll surmise (SFB trailer parked).

Skooby
08-26-2013, 08:07 AM
What an absurd thread.

Unreal.
Talk about brutal honesty.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be fun to look at his thread a year from now and make fun of the buffoons who like Kevin Kolb. Bookmarked! Why wait until then ??

BertSquirtgum
08-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Taking credit for being stupid doesn't make you smart, it just means you're stupid. Use this lesson to think before you post / speak, something I'm sure that has escaped you your whole life. Your English is also hump 101, a product of your environment I'll surmise (SFB trailer parked).

You are right and you are very smart. You deserve an award for best poster of the year.