PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills very quiet this year

Extremebillsfan247
04-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Last year the Bills couldn't wait to tell us all about Super Mario. As far as the Bills front office is concerned this year, you could hear a pin drop from 100 miles away. Anyone have any idea why this team has been so quiet about free agent signings this year? I'm wondering if they may have imposed some type of media blackout when it comes to off season activity in general. Even BuffaloBills.com reports are sketchy, and most seem to be quotes from other media outlets such as ESPN, NFL.Com, PFT, etc. Am I the only one who thinks this is strange?

trapezeus
04-01-2013, 01:52 PM
it makes the embarassing 0-8 start a lot easier to deal with if you didn't make false promises.

better days
04-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Last year the Bills couldn't wait to tell us all about Super Mario. As far as the Bills front office is concerned this year, you could hear a pin drop from 100 miles away. Anyone have any idea why this team has been so quiet about free agent signings this year? I'm wondering if they may have imposed some type of media blackout when it comes to off season activity in general. Even BuffaloBills.com reports are sketchy, and most seem to be quotes from other media outlets such as ESPN, NFL.Com, PFT, etc. Am I the only one who thinks this is strange?

Very Belichick like. I have been reading about different teams with new coaches starting offseason workouts today & tomorrow. I could find nothing about when that happens with the Bills even on their official site. I heard on Sirius today that the Bills will start things tomorrow Tuesday, April 2.

SCBILLFAN1
04-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Not really. They have a changing of the guard (again!) and probably don't want to rile up the fans, who's hopes have been dashed so many time.

PTI
04-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Not suprised at all about this, I mean, the Bills were picked by a ton of people to compete for a playoff spot last year. Are they as bad as they record was last year? Perhaps not. Are they as good as a playoff team? Perhaps not. Marrone has no idea what we have at this point, and best case is the Bills have a roster that can compete and Gailey and Wannstache were that poor of coaches.

Buddo
04-01-2013, 02:20 PM
As much as anything, I've a feeling it might be a bit of a 'sea change' brought about by how Marrone wishes things to take place.
There was a quote from him around the time of the combine, when he said that many of his friends in the NFL had been asking him about various Syracuse guys, and his response to them was that he was now in the information gathering business, not giving.

I don't doubt for one moment that the stuff with the phone call between Nix and Domenick didn't help either, but I just have a feeling that a good bit of this comes from Marrone, particularly not wanting to give anything at all away.

stuckincincy
04-01-2013, 02:23 PM

I think all clubs are pretty mum. Perhaps an edict from the (non-profit corporation) NFL headquarters? Unified front? One and only one mouthpiece? :::

Skooby
04-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Talking gives up your position, like Nix spilling the beans to those radio D-bags.

stuckincincy
04-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Talking gives up your position, like Nix spilling the beans to those radio D-bags.

Deeper, perhaps...corporate line...