Desperation and accepting mediocrity are the only reasons to like the Kolb move.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Re: Desperation and accepting mediocrity are the only reasons to like the Kolb move.

Originally posted by delectrolux View Post
    Tarvaris Jackson, Matt Flynn and Russell Wilson. That's how the Seahawks found their QB. So, we've got our Tarvaris Jackson, and Kolb is our Matt Flynn (seriously, Flynn is just Kolb from 3 years ago). Now we go and draft our rookie. I know nobody in this draft is supposed to be as good as Russell Wilson – but Russell Wilson wasn't supposed to be as good as Russell Wilson.

So, it might work, it might not. But if we pick a QB in the first or second round, we're at least moving in the right direction.

Matt Scott-Kevin Kolb- Travaris Jackson

Seahawks 2.0
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Re: Desperation and accepting mediocrity are the only reasons to like the Kolb move.

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Of course, it's NEVER my guy's fault.... it has to be SOMEONE ELSE's fault. No one is responsible for their own play.

Ok let me take that then

No responcible for his own play?

What his 4-1 start vs Mia, Sea, and NE. 8 TDs-3 Ints over 1000 yds?
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

We are no better with Kolb than we were with TJax and Corp. Kolb sucks.

THERE IS NO FRANCHISE QB AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW. THIS TEAM HAS MORE HOLES THAN CAN POSSIBLY BE ADDRESSED IN ONE OFF SEASON.

The only smart thing to do is to put the resources toward other positions that may actually get fixed and wait on an opportunity to get a real QB. It sucks, but it's the only shot we have. Signing Fitz 2.0 just sets us back.

Oh, and we're eating Fitz's cap hit. Fitz's cap hit that we are eating plus Kolb's cap hit is not cheaper than keeping Fitz. And it definitely won't be next year.
        Kolb is Fitz 2.0 with WCO experience. That's it. If reports are true, he gets nothing but back up money if he gets outplayed at camp. I'm okay with Fitz 2.0 as a bac-up.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
          Has anyone even got the V-Text that he signed?
          I unsubscribed from V Text during the season so I didn't get score updates if I had to record the games, and when I tried to set it back up, it didn't work.

But ESPN said that he signed on SportsCenter about an hour ago.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Last year was Kevin Kolbs best year, and he looked very good even with all the pressure. His numbers and play was good even with it, im not saying that its the reason why he was bad, because he wasnt last year

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Ok let me take that then

No responcible for his own play?

What his 4-1 start vs Mia, Sea, and NE. 8 TDs-3 Ints over 1000 yds?
              Uhhhh.... Fitz had a 4-1 start too.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

We are no better with Kolb than we were with TJax and Corp. Kolb sucks.

THERE IS NO FRANCHISE QB AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW. THIS TEAM HAS MORE HOLES THAN CAN POSSIBLY BE ADDRESSED IN ONE OFF SEASON.

The only smart thing to do is to put the resources toward other positions that may actually get fixed and wait on an opportunity to get a real QB. It sucks, but it's the only shot we have. Signing Fitz 2.0 just sets us back.

Oh, and we're eating Fitz's cap hit. Fitz's cap hit that we are eating plus Kolb's cap hit is not cheaper than keeping Fitz. And it definitely won't be next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you honestly think the FO will do that? "Well we feel Kevin Kolb is a great fit here and is capable of leading our team." The FO's never said some crap like that before, right?
                If the Bills had kept Fitz, they would not only have had to PAY him his $10 Mill Salary this year, but it would also have affected the cap next year moreso than the $7 mill in dead money the Bills will have. So yeah, Kolb is CHEAPER than keeping Fitz & he is better than TJax Corp & Fitz. And I don't give a damn what the stats say, I know what I saw with my own eyes.

And people that use stats to compare Fitz to Kolb is the same thing as when people used to use stats to defend Trent Edwards. The stats mean NOTHING.

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

I unsubscribed from V Text during the season so I didn't get score updates if I had to record the games, and when I tried to set it back up, it didn't work.

But ESPN said that he signed on SportsCenter about an hour ago.

Because i think that totally discounts any idea that the FO is acting like hes the savior. Its no where yet, and if the FO was going to try to over hype him, hed be all over the front page with stories about how his imbillical cord was cut and how he learned how to say moma 5 days before the avg blah blah. I dont think anyone thinks hes incredible, but hes at least average. I wouldnt say hes bad, yet.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    And even if Andy Corp was the QB next season, I would bet the Bills win 6 games.
                    You always make me laugh.

Thank you.

Comment

• Cali512
                      • Jan 2012

Uhhhh.... Fitz had a 4-1 start too.

Yes with a great line and alot more weapons, beating lesser teams, and Kolb didnt lose his 4-1 start. He got injured and thats when the team lost the games. Maybe if he played they woulda had a great season, no one knows. But theres no reason to think not after already beating some good teams and being off to a very good start.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Because i think that totally discounts any idea that the FO is acting like hes the savior. Its no where yet, and if the FO was going to try to over hype him, hed be all over the front page with stories about how his imbillical cord was cut and how he learned how to say moma 5 days before the avg blah blah. I dont think anyone thinks hes incredible, but hes at least average. I wouldnt say hes bad, yet.
                        The Bills may not be hyping him as the savior, but do you honestly believe that the FO isn't thinking that he is? Or at least hoping so they don't have to try to find/pay an actual franchise QB?
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Yes with a great line and alot more weapons, beating lesser teams, and Kolb didnt lose his 4-1 start. He got injured and thats when the team lost the games. Maybe if he played they woulda had a great season, no one knows. But theres no reason to think not after already beating some good teams and being off to a very good start.
                          Um, I don't know what Bills team you watched in 2011 but we didn't have a great OL. We had a decent OL. And we didn't have a lot of weapons. We had head-case Stevie, Jackson and Chandler- that's it. Yes, technically we had Spiller but he didn't do anything in that 4-1 start.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

The Bills may not be hyping him as the savior, but do you honestly believe that the FO isn't thinking that he is? Or at least hoping so they don't have to try to find/pay an actual franchise QB?
                            I doubt the FO thinks he is which is why they are paying him a incentive based contract. What FO wouldn't HOPE that any qb they bring in turns out to be their franchise qb?
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Cali512
                              • Jan 2012

Pay? Wtf you smokin, one of the bills biggest issues is they over pay. Free agents dont come here because we dont give them the money, we almost always win every bidding war and still lose. Teams know we hand out contracts like its candy and thats why we get ****ed so much. Even if Kolb played amazing and led us to the playoffs both years, were gonna probably give him a **** load of money anyways, so even if he is the savior they have to pay the same as if he was a rookie. So that valids mute. And yes, anyones hoping that.

Wouldnt you be happy if Corp was the next Tom Brady? No ****, yes
                              But no ones expecting it, hoping things and expecting things are different

FO hopes each DE on our team plays like Bruce Smith, but they dont expect them to

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                                I doubt the FO thinks he is which is why they are paying him a incentive based contract. What FO wouldn't HOPE that any qb they bring in turns out to be their franchise qb?
                                True, good point.

But it wouldn't shock me if this FO actually thought Kolb was the answer and was just keeping it on the D/L because they know they can't sell it to fans even if they believe it themselves. Of course, that's just speculation on my part, but sadly it wouldn't be the dumbest thing they've done...
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X