PDA

View Full Version : WR Nate Washington expected to be released, would you sign him?

The Jokeman
04-01-2013, 07:14 PM
There's speculation he could be cut sooner as the Titans just added Kevin Walter and Nate's fallen out of favor with the Titans for not playing hard the final month of the season. That said he'd definitely be one of the best options out there if released as a #2 and still not 30 so he might have a few years left and has averaged over 15.0 yards per catch for his career. So as the title eludes, would you sign him?

http://www.rotoworld.com/stats/nfl/3446/nate-washington

YardRat
04-01-2013, 07:29 PM
We need competition at WR, if he comes cheap why not.

clumping platelets
04-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Yes....he would fit in well as a #2 or #3 WR

SquishDaFish
04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Would love that

fluteflakes
04-01-2013, 10:15 PM
He's still got some left in the tank, why not. Should be vet minimum if we do.

Bert102176
04-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Sure since this team is too incompitant too go after top talent

X-Era
04-02-2013, 05:30 AM
Depending on the contract, yes I would.

Mski
04-04-2013, 12:08 PM
unless we're the only team kicking the tires, why would he chose to come here with currently only t-jax on the roster at qb, especially if, like some are mentioning, for vet min

swiper
04-04-2013, 12:12 PM
I would think the Bills with Kevin Kolb would be a more attractive destination for WRs than the Bills without him. He's not great, but he's better than nothing at all.

Mski
04-04-2013, 12:17 PM
I would think the Bills with Kevin Kolb would be a more attractive destination for WRs than the Bills without him. He's not great, but he's better than nothing at all.

true but currently Kolb is still not a Bill

Buddo
04-04-2013, 12:29 PM
I think he's a decent player, and I read somewhere going back a few weeks, that the Bills were possibly interested in him. I can't remember where it was tbh, but I feel he would be a good vet option, and it would also help free up our drafting.
I think he's a solid player, who will produce regularly for a team, and I don't think he's the sort who is especially 'team (or QB) specific'.
He's not going to break any records, but he will make his fair share of plays, consistently.
I believe he would be a useful addition, and as I said previously, it would give us more freedom in the draft to take guys at value.
I'm sure we will take a WR in the draft, but I don't see that we want to have to take a guy early (ish), when there is supposedly good depth at the position this year.

While the players union have been muttering about collusion in this years FA, it would seem that the Bills FO might have been doing a decent job of holding off on some guys, as it seems as though the cap situation for a lot of teams, isn't very healthy, and some of the cuts happening, are as much about creating cap space, than actually cutting scrubs. I'm not so sure as to how many of these guys are necessarily out and out starters, but they do represent good rotational depth, that have proven their ability to play the game.

This go around, FA could be still pretty active, for some considerable time.

sukie
04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
I want nothing to do with this journeyman loser... I also want no one that when told of thier release, the discussion ended with something along these lines... "Well, thank you for your services and don't worry, you'll probably get picked up by Buffalo so...."

swiper
04-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Swiper wants to add a resounding "meh" to this discussion.

swiper
04-04-2013, 12:38 PM
true but currently Kolb is still not a Bill

Are people truly concerned about this?