• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Darrius Heyward-Bey, Indianapolis Colts agree to contract

The Colts announced Monday night they agreed to terms with the former Oakland Raiders wide receiver, the seventh overall pick in the 2009 draft.

The contract Heyward-Bey will sign is a one-year deal worth a maximum of $3 million, according to a person who has reviewed the contract details. The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the financial terms weren't to be discussed publicly, said Heyward-Bey received $1.5 million in guarantees.
    So much for anyone hoping that the Bills would sign him... Yet another FA that the Bills could have used and that signed pretty cheap is off the block.

-Bill
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Darrius Heyward-Bey, Indianapolis Colts agree to contract

Thanks Mitch.

Not Bills related.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• BLeonard
      BoB Sabermetrician
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
      Thanks Mitch.

Not Bills related.
      Well, first, I posted it because some had discussed wanting him on the Bills last week. The signing takes a WR off the market that the Bills were potential suitors for.

Second, how much on the board really is "bills related" at this time of year? I see threads about Matt Flynn signing with Oakland and Tony Romo getting a contract extension... Did you ***** about those threads, too?

-Bill
      Last edited by BLeonard; 04-01-2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• streetkings01
        • Jul 2006

I dont think the Bills were ever interested in his services. People took the pic he took with Stevie and twisted it.
        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Maximilli
          • Feb 2009

Yea really wanted him any other wr with speed out there if not prob draft 2 wr and also whats our cap as of rite now

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Bills obviously like some WR's somewhere in this upcoming draft.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jdaltroy5
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              Bills obviously like some WR's somewhere in this upcoming draft.
              They'd better like 3 of them, because that's how many we need.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jdaltroy5 View Post
                They'd better like 3 of them, because that's how many we need.
                No we don't. I guess you have not heard, Gailey was fired. With him gone, the offense will change. Marrone won't use 3 & 4 receivers like Chan did. And expect the Bills to run the Ball & use the TE much more than Chan did.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  No we don't. I guess you have not heard, Gailey was fired. With him gone, the offense will change. Marrone won't use 3 & 4 receivers like Chan did. And expect the Bills to run the Ball & use the TE much more than Chan did.
                  Yes, I understand that we don't need 4 or 5 receivers on the field at all times.

Have you looked at the depth chart lately? Our second string WR is Wildcat QB and the rest of our WRs have 40 career receptions. COMBINED.

We need a WR2 that can start right away as well as at least one solid backup.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    Um, every NFL team needs at least 4 wide receivers and the Bills do not have that many on their roster. Also, going to a two TE set only works if you have two viable TEs. To start the season, given Chandler's injuries, do the Bills have any viable TEs?

So while I agree with the sentiment that they are not going to target three wide receivers, they most certaintly need to target at least three viable receiving options (i.e., TE and WR) in the draft and free agency. Unless you are comfortable with Kevin Elliott as the #3 receiver?

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                      Um, every NFL team needs at least 4 wide receivers and the Bills do not have that many on their roster. Also, going to a two TE set only works if you have two viable TEs. To start the season, given Chandler's injuries, do the Bills have any viable TEs?

So while I agree with the sentiment that they are not going to target three wide receivers, they most certaintly need to target at least three viable receiving options (i.e., TE and WR) in the draft and free agency. Unless you are comfortable with Kevin Elliott as the #3 receiver?
                      They actually do have 6 on the roster. Unfortunately, only one of them is any good.

I know they aren't going to draft 3 receivers in the draft; I was being hyperbolic, but realistically, they DO need a viable option for WR2 (and even TE2 depending on their offense) as well as a viable option at backup.

Comment

• Bert102176
                        • Aug 2002

Just because Stevie wanted him here to possibly make the team better why would the GM want to sign someone that would possibly make the team better.
                        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
                          • Aug 2002

After the draft. Even though he is a rfa we need to go after D. Pitta TE
                          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• GingerP
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Bert102176 View Post
                            After the draft. Even though he is a rfa we need to go after D. Pitta TE
                            You can't sign RFA after the draft. The RFA signing period ends the week before the draft. This year the deadline is April 19.

Comment

Working...
                            X