• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Bills handled Kolb perfectly

No question this off-season has been a total letdown.

But the Bills have handled the situation around Kolb perfectly. He's not our savior and they're not parading him around OBD pretending he is. He's competition for Jackson and a rookie and his presence on the roster will hopefully push both those two players.

Going to bb.com his signing is nothing but a side note. Which is all it really is. Kudo's to not playing us fans like this is a viable solution.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills handled Kolb perfectly

oh boy!
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by The King View Post
      this off-season has been a total letdown.
      Brandon calls it Analytics !

If we sign Branch at NT and get a couple more useful types before draft weekend, then we've given the new coach a decent start. I'll wait until Fisher camp before playing taps.

It's a rebuild and bringing in guys looking for a big payday and a ring before they retire in 2 years does nothing for us.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jdaltroy5
        • Aug 2012

As long as this has absolutely zero effect on their draft strategy, I'm ok with the move.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

Thank you. In complete juxtaposition from the panic. "Oh no! We signed a veteran back up to an incentivised contract as insurance! We're doomed!"

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

That's it?

We've reduced ourselves to complimenting the team for simply not trying to play the fans like fools?

This fan base really has accepted mediocrity.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
              Thank you. In complete juxtaposition from the panic. "Oh no! We signed a veteran back up to an incentivised contract as insurance! We're doomed!"
              we were doomed long before that signing. The signing is just gasoline being thrown on the still-flaming train wreck.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                oh boy!
                Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                That's it?

We've reduced ourselves to complimenting the team for simply not trying to play the fans like fools?

This fan base really has accepted mediocrity.
                Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                we were doomed long before that signing. The signing is just gasoline being thrown on the still-flaming train wreck.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

I just see us going nowhere, so any crackers thrown to us starving fans means very little.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i think this could work as king said.

you have a competition between back-ups for the starting role. you have a young guy who doesn't get caught up in the QB controversy this year. He solely has to look better in practice by week 17 than he did at camp. Or else, when we go down to kolb, this year rookie, he'll be facing next year's high pick qb. That means the QB job itself will not be a stale position that it has been.

additionally it gives the bills a chance to shore up the LB corp early in round 1 and get a game changer in a key position on defense. that might help the front 4. it may help the CB.s

And the best part is that if it doesn't yield immediate results, they should still be a top 5 pick next year and can really get a QB/LB to add as depth.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      i think this could work as king said.

you have a competition between back-ups for the starting role. you have a young guy who doesn't get caught up in the QB controversy this year. He solely has to look better in practice by week 17 than he did at camp. Or else, when we go down to kolb, this year rookie, he'll be facing next year's high pick qb. That means the QB job itself will not be a stale position that it has been.

additionally it gives the bills a chance to shore up the LB corp early in round 1 and get a game changer in a key position on defense. that might help the front 4. it may help the CB.s

And the best part is that if it doesn't yield immediate results, they should still be a top 5 pick next year and can really get a QB/LB to add as depth.
                      Then the next we'll add somebody new & in 2017 we let our best draftees go to another team, I've seen this movie somewhere before.

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                        I just see us going nowhere, so any crackers thrown to us starving fans means very little.
                        Lolz

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

We just need to continue to be patient.

We are years away from competing even if some here are in denial.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

What will the Bills' offense look like with Kolb at the helm?

After cutting Ryan Fitzpatrick, the Buffalo Bills have agreed to a contract with Kevin Kolb. How will the veteran look in Doug Marrone's offense? Will Buffalo still draft a QB? Bucky Brooks provides his thoughts.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• mikemac2001
                              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                              What will the Bills' offense look like with Kolb at the helm?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-buffalo-bills

I really cant see how people are *****ing so much about adding depth and creating competition...would they have been happy with fitz and a rookie fighting for it.

also about Kolb looking at his highlights even his good plays in zona he was breaking the pocket or being harassed on his throws

id prefer a playmaker in rd 1 then go qb in rd 2 (or trade up if our guy slips)

MUCK
                              FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                              X