PDA

View Full Version : Bills handled Kolb perfectly

The King
04-02-2013, 09:30 AM
No question this off-season has been a total letdown.

But the Bills have handled the situation around Kolb perfectly. He's not our savior and they're not parading him around OBD pretending he is. He's competition for Jackson and a rookie and his presence on the roster will hopefully push both those two players.

Going to bb.com his signing is nothing but a side note. Which is all it really is. Kudo's to not playing us fans like this is a viable solution.

justasportsfan
04-02-2013, 09:31 AM
oh boy!

Night Train
04-02-2013, 09:35 AM
this off-season has been a total letdown.

Brandon calls it Analytics ! :up:

If we sign Branch at NT and get a couple more useful types before draft weekend, then we've given the new coach a decent start. I'll wait until Fisher camp before playing taps.

It's a rebuild and bringing in guys looking for a big payday and a ring before they retire in 2 years does nothing for us.

jdaltroy5
04-02-2013, 09:36 AM
As long as this has absolutely zero effect on their draft strategy, I'm ok with the move.

ParanoidAndroid
04-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Thank you. In complete juxtaposition from the panic. "Oh no! We signed a veteran back up to an incentivised contract as insurance! We're doomed!"

OpIv37
04-02-2013, 09:44 AM
That's it?

We've reduced ourselves to complimenting the team for simply not trying to play the fans like fools?

This fan base really has accepted mediocrity.

OpIv37
04-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Thank you. In complete juxtaposition from the panic. "Oh no! We signed a veteran back up to an incentivised contract as insurance! We're doomed!"

we were doomed long before that signing. The signing is just gasoline being thrown on the still-flaming train wreck.

justasportsfan
04-02-2013, 10:03 AM
oh boy!

That's it?

We've reduced ourselves to complimenting the team for simply not trying to play the fans like fools?

we were doomed long before that signing. The signing is just gasoline being thrown on the still-flaming train wreck.

Skooby
04-02-2013, 10:05 AM
I just see us going nowhere, so any crackers thrown to us starving fans means very little.

trapezeus
04-02-2013, 10:06 AM
i think this could work as king said.

you have a competition between back-ups for the starting role. you have a young guy who doesn't get caught up in the QB controversy this year. He solely has to look better in practice by week 17 than he did at camp. Or else, when we go down to kolb, this year rookie, he'll be facing next year's high pick qb. That means the QB job itself will not be a stale position that it has been.

additionally it gives the bills a chance to shore up the LB corp early in round 1 and get a game changer in a key position on defense. that might help the front 4. it may help the CB.s

And the best part is that if it doesn't yield immediate results, they should still be a top 5 pick next year and can really get a QB/LB to add as depth.

Skooby
04-02-2013, 10:13 AM
i think this could work as king said.

you have a competition between back-ups for the starting role. you have a young guy who doesn't get caught up in the QB controversy this year. He solely has to look better in practice by week 17 than he did at camp. Or else, when we go down to kolb, this year rookie, he'll be facing next year's high pick qb. That means the QB job itself will not be a stale position that it has been.

additionally it gives the bills a chance to shore up the LB corp early in round 1 and get a game changer in a key position on defense. that might help the front 4. it may help the CB.s

And the best part is that if it doesn't yield immediate results, they should still be a top 5 pick next year and can really get a QB/LB to add as depth.

Then the next we'll add somebody new & in 2017 we let our best draftees go to another team, I've seen this movie somewhere before.

coastal
04-02-2013, 10:24 AM
I just see us going nowhere, so any crackers thrown to us starving fans means very little.
Lolz

SpikedLemonade
04-02-2013, 10:30 AM
We just need to continue to be patient.

We are years away from competing even if some here are in denial.

justasportsfan
04-02-2013, 10:36 AM
What will the Bills' offense look like with Kolb at the helm?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156384/article/kevin-kolb-could-revive-career-with-doug-marrones-buffalo-bills

mikemac2001
04-02-2013, 10:41 AM
What will the Bills' offense look like with Kolb at the helm?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156384/article/kevin-kolb-could-revive-career-with-doug-marrones-buffalo-bills

I really cant see how people are *****ing so much about adding depth and creating competition...would they have been happy with fitz and a rookie fighting for it.

also about Kolb looking at his highlights even his good plays in zona he was breaking the pocket or being harassed on his throws

id prefer a playmaker in rd 1 then go qb in rd 2 (or trade up if our guy slips)

Pinkerton Security
04-02-2013, 10:42 AM
That's it?

Really? Didnt know you felt that way. Maybe if you say it a few more times people will get it.

Kevin Kolb was seen as a pretty good QB coming out of Philly, and we now have him on our team as part of an open competition for the QB spot, and hopefully in the running with a solid rookie...that last part will remain to be seen. Stop acting as if this is the worst thing in the world, because it isnt. We structured his contract so that he may not cost much, and if he performs well, he will get paid accordingly. Its a solid move, yet you refuse to admit the Bills could ever do anything remotely correct. Not saying we have the best track record, but your hatred for everything the team does is getting a little out of control and obnoxious, even more obnoxious than before if thats possible.

better days
04-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Really? Didnt know you felt that way. Maybe if you say it a few more times people will get it.

Kevin Kolb was seen as a pretty good QB coming out of Philly, and we now have him on our team as part of an open competition for the QB spot, and hopefully in the running with a solid rookie...that last part will remain to be seen. Stop acting as if this is the worst thing in the world, because it isnt. We structured his contract so that he may not cost much, and if he performs well, he will get paid accordingly. Its a solid move, yet you refuse to admit the Bills could ever do anything remotely correct. Not saying we have the best track record, but your hatred for everything the team does is getting a little out of control and obnoxious, even more obnoxious than before if thats possible.

If Kolb starts, $6 Million is a bargain for a VET starting QB. If he plays well, it will be like hitting the jackpot.

swiper
04-02-2013, 11:53 AM
As long as this has absolutely zero effect on their draft strategy, I'm ok with the move.

You pretend to know what their draft strategy is. But you don't.

swiper
04-02-2013, 11:55 AM

The Kevin Kolb signing just seems an awful lot like the Kelly Holcomb signing to me.

jdaltroy5
04-02-2013, 12:05 PM
You pretend to know what their draft strategy is. But you don't.

When do I pretend to know?

All I'm stating is what I think they should do.

If we're not allowed to do that anymore, then shut the site down because that's all this entire message board is.

X-Era
04-02-2013, 12:27 PM
It's bugging me that it hasn't been officially announced. Does anyone know why that is?