PDA

View Full Version : Canadiens interested in Pominville

DetDannyWilliams
04-02-2013, 11:02 AM
SiriusXM NHL Network Radio Mike Ross from Hockey This Morning said that Montreal could be a destination for Pominville, he's from Canada and he would be closer to home, but would the Sabres trade him to a team where they have to play him 8 times in a season? also we don't know the 8 teams that are on the list that Pominville gave to Regier that Pominville that he doesn't want to be traded to. But Montreal makes the most sense for Pominville.

clumping platelets
04-02-2013, 11:05 AM
1st rd 2013, D Emelin, and RW prospect Kristo

trapezeus
04-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Question: should he go to a division rival?

Answer: will he be playing the point on PP in Montreal. If yes, then yes. If no, then yes.

Get him off the team. his outside slapshots and refusal to get dirty or score a meaningful goal in the clutch since the "scary good" game 5 days makes him totally useless. The Habs seem to like high priced non-performers.

ckg927
04-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Penny to a pound Montreal is one of the 8 teams Pomi has on that list.

YankeeInRaleigh
04-02-2013, 02:23 PM

What makes you think that?

ckg927
04-02-2013, 02:25 PM
What makes you think that?

Just a hunch. Nothing more than that.

OpIv37
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Question: should he go to a division rival?

Answer: will he be playing the point on PP in Montreal. If yes, then yes. If no, then yes.

Get him off the team. his outside slapshots and refusal to get dirty or score a meaningful goal in the clutch since the "scary good" game 5 days makes him totally useless. The Habs seem to like high priced non-performers.

With Subban and Markov I don't think they'll need him to play point on the PP. Maybe on the second PP unit if Montreal wants to keep them together.

I'd love to get rid of him but I don't like trades within the division. And from Montreal's standpoint, why would they take that contract off our hands and give us picks or prospects that could potentially burn them for years?

trapezeus
04-02-2013, 03:59 PM
who knows. when you get close to the playoffs. everyone thinks a couple tweaks will make the difference. poms could fit that mold of "let's just get one more guy"

i am 100% confident that poms will NEVER come back to burn us. Maybe he scores a goal here or there, but he won't be a briere. he won't be some guy who meets us two years from now in the playoffs and scores an OT goal. He's no one on this team, and he'll be no one in the NHL.

Please save and use against me if i get it wrong.

Mski
04-02-2013, 04:17 PM

he's french canadian and grew up close to montreal... why wouldnt he want to play there?

Skooby
04-02-2013, 04:52 PM
he's french canadian and grew up close to montreal... why wouldnt he want to play there?

Oui oui.

ckg927
04-02-2013, 05:26 PM

Uh...normally, you don't trade with someone in your division...AMIRITE?

Mski
04-02-2013, 05:35 PM

Uh...normally, you don't trade with someone in your division...AMIRITE?what does weather or not the sabres would want to trade him there have to do with his desire to not play there

SabreEleven
04-02-2013, 05:57 PM
The Sabres have the worst PP in the NHL but now it makes 2 "NHL" coaches keep Pominville on the point. I think he is reponsible for more SH goals than PP goals. The team is worse in the league, let's try something new. Get him off the point for christ sake.

tampabay25690
04-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Well well well....
I will say this it is close that 29 may have seen his last days....
Look for 55 and 21 to be packing as well....

Mski
04-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Well well well....
I will say this it is close that 29 may have seen his last days....
Look for 55 and 21 to be packing as well....
the fan in me would be slightly sad to see pommers go, but excited about the other two

tampabay25690
04-02-2013, 06:31 PM
the fan in me would be slightly sad to see pommers go, but excited about the other two

Was almost done today....
This is a harder one then the other 2.....
Can't just give him away....
I do know TB has been bugging the Sabres hard for Miller

I give Darcy props because he could have dumped players weeks ago but most teams wanted hodgson, Ennis, and Foligno........ I'm sorry but these guys are young and the future

trapezeus
04-03-2013, 03:35 PM
what was tb discussing for miller?

stafford was worth giving away. if for no other reason to use free agency to buy someone else and get the $4mm back..