PDA

View Full Version : Doug Marrone is an *******...

Pride
04-02-2013, 03:49 PM
And I like it! We haven't had a jerk around in here in... well... decades.. and I like it!

Check out his Press Conference today.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Doug_Marrone_Press_Conference/9e353115-c472-46ab-aaa3-c2c2b226807d

Bone
04-02-2013, 03:59 PM
He seems like a guy that doesn't any ****, he has an attitude that we haven't had in a while. I was watching a video on YouTube and it showed him packing a dip on the sidelines lol...haven't seen a head coach with a fat lip in on the sidelines before.

trapezeus
04-02-2013, 04:01 PM
can't see it at work. what did he say?

coastal
04-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Be a dick when were winning.

until then.. blow me.

Lefty2985
04-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Those aren't the only new additions to the fieldhouse. On same side as the four AFC title banners, you can read the script, "Don't confuse efforts with RESULTS," in between the goal posts. Raised above that, a picture of the Lombardi Trophy for added motivation.
I love the effort with results

Goobylal
04-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Where in the video is he an *******?

ServoBillieves
04-02-2013, 04:10 PM

until then.. blow me.

You're a pro at your job of trolling. Lord knows why you haven't been banned, but the higher ups on this board want to keep you around.

Thank you Mr. Fitzpatrick.

jpdex12
04-02-2013, 04:12 PM

until then.. blow me.dude, what is your infatuation with being a Dick? Be a dick when we are winning? If you knew Marrone's personality while at SU you would know he can be an ass. That is why he chased off all the losers while at SU. Don't slam someone until you know who they are. Why would you slam someone for coming in here and trying to clean ***** up? We have been a soft, cream puff team and he is trying to bring a hard nose attitude to a team and city that longs for it.

TrEd FTW
04-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Where in the video is he an *******?

My thoughts exactly. I'm 12 minutes into the video and I haven't seen anything to suggest he's a jerk.

JoeMama
04-02-2013, 04:23 PM
I didn't get the impression Marrone was a dick.

His delivery was sort of blunt and laconic. Maybe his tone rubbed some people the wrong way...?

Shouldn't matter though. Words are wind.

I remember when Gregg Williams strolled into town carrying only a bullhorn and a poor disposition. He came off as a dick but most Bills fans were appreciative at the time (myself included) because his ogre-like approach was the exact opposite of Club Wade.

I like Marrone's demeanor and want him to succeed. Badly. But press conferences aren't where the magic happens.

Mad Bomber
04-02-2013, 04:27 PM
I didn't see anything that suggested that he was in any way an *******. He seems like a straight shooter. He stayed on point and politely refused to speculate on certain things. I like him.

jdaltroy5
04-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Hey remember when Chan Gailey was an ******* for getting rid of the recliners and TVs in the weight room, making the guys practice really hard, and then yelling at fans who made fun of his players?

Yeah.

BertSquirtgum
04-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Watching the video today gave me a lot more faith believing that Marrone was the right guy for the job. He seems to be a much smarter man than Gailey.

BertSquirtgum
04-02-2013, 05:19 PM

until then.. blow me.

Please quit a life. You suck at it.

swiper
04-02-2013, 05:21 PM
And I like it! We haven't had a jerk around in here in... well... decades.. and I like it!

Check out his Press Conference today.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Doug_Marrone_Press_Conference/9e353115-c472-46ab-aaa3-c2c2b226807d

He seems to get it. Although, for those of you that remember, Gregg Williams came into town in a very similar way. Let's hope Marrone doesn't have a bull horn.

swiper
04-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Watching the video today gave me a lot more faith believing that Marrone was the right guy for the job. He seems to be a much smarter man than Gailey.

And Gailey who was infinitely smarter than you.

mikemac2001
04-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Seems like a tough smart coach....

ParanoidAndroid
04-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Slightly off-subject... I watched the Manny Lawson PC for the first time. I liked how he presented himself a lot.

BertSquirtgum
04-02-2013, 05:50 PM
And Gailey who was infinitely smarter than you.

Wow, zing. What a great post. Gailey isn't smarter than me because I would have never started Fitzputrid.

Goobylal
04-02-2013, 06:02 PM
He seems to get it. Although, for those of you that remember, Gregg Williams came into town in a very similar way. Let's hope Marrone doesn't have a bull horn.
Williams had never been a HC before and was an arrogant POS.

DynaPaul
04-02-2013, 07:35 PM

He also never played a down of professional football in his life unlike Marrone.

Goobylal
04-02-2013, 08:52 PM
He also never played a down of professional football in his life unlike Marrone.
True.

coastal
04-02-2013, 09:30 PM
You're a pro at your job of trolling. Lord knows why you haven't been banned, but the higher ups on this board want to keep you around.

Thank you Mr. Fitzpatrick.
I'm an acquired taste.

that and I let one of the site Admins play with my wife at night.

cookie G
04-02-2013, 09:38 PM

He gave the Bills what they wanted to hear, as he admitted years later. He said the Bills wanted a drill sarge, so he played the role.

Apparently, the Saints wanted the role of a mid level capo, telling the button men who should be whacked.

swiper
04-03-2013, 04:38 AM

Neither has Marrone on the at the NFL level. And the attitude is exactly identical as Williams at this point in his first season.

JoeMama
04-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Please quit a life. You suck at it.

If coastal quits his life, I'll gladly pick it up.

A massuese wife. A good job. Cool kids. Sounds like a winning combo to me.

Don't Panic
04-03-2013, 06:41 AM
Marrone definitely wins the press conference, which makes you think he has a chance at winning the players over. While Gailey and Jauron were nice/likable guys, I'm not sure they were respected to a level where guys felt that had to perform for them. I think Marrone is going to bring that element, and it is an element that can't be understated.

We though we bottomed out after Williams... after Mularkey... after Jauron. Now we're post-Gailey. The only way we'll know if we've bottomed out is if we show that we've changed the culture of this team. I think there are signs that this could be the type of culture change that is needed to make us an authentically good football team again. Not saying it'll be quick and easy, but with Marrones leadership, it definitely has the look of being on the right path.

coastal
04-03-2013, 06:45 AM
If coastal quits his life, I'll gladly pick it up.

A massuese wife. A good job. Cool kids. Sounds like a winning combo to me.
Awww... thx Joe!

I can also do an uber-smooth karaoke of Gerry Rafferty's "Right Down the Line."

Don't Panic
04-03-2013, 06:59 AM
One thing that came at the end... he referenced Bradham playing inside. If Sheppard plays inside too, that means we are short an OLB. I think the DL is pretty well set now. I'd say we're looking at a stand up pass rusher in the first 3 rounds for sure.

JoeMama
04-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Awww... thx Joe!

I can also do an uber-smooth karaoke of Gerry Rafferty's "Right Down the Line."

Yeah well, call me when you learn to sing THE FINAL COUNTDOWN by Europe.

The greatest song ever written.

trapezeus
04-03-2013, 07:17 AM
didn't see a jerk in marrone...saw a guy who is articulate, toes the line between providing information for the press to work with but not playing his entire hand.

the real test is how it translates to the players. his record shows that its way or the highway. lets see how the players respond and the players they bring in to respond.

one thing that may help him is that he seems to have more control of player decisions than a gregg williams. so if you are a hard ass and another person is picking players without understanding "who responds to being yelled at", then you might never get the right fit. if marrone gets to kick the wheels and make the calls himself, he may have a better shot and getting rid of dead weight and replacing with capable people.

coastal
04-03-2013, 07:30 AM
One thing that came at the end... he referenced Bradham playing inside. If Sheppard plays inside too, that means we are short an OLB. I think the DL is pretty well set now. I'd say we're looking at a stand up pass rusher in the first 3 rounds for sure.
Barkevious!!!

Thief
04-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Anderson and Williams.

better days
04-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Yeah well, call me when you learn to sing THE FINAL COUNTDOWN by Europe.

The greatest song ever written.

The Final Countdown, the greatest song ever written? Seriously? WOW, just WOW.

JoeMama
04-03-2013, 07:42 AM
The Final Countdown, the greatest song ever written? Seriously? WOW, just WOW.

You must be one of the guys who thinks Boston's More Than A Feeling is the best song ever.

BTW I don't think you understand sarcasm.

justasportsfan
04-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Marrone at times has that " what kinda stupid question is that?"

better days
04-03-2013, 08:16 AM
You must be one of the guys who thinks Boston's More Than A Feeling is the best song ever.

OK , I missed the sarcasm. Should have gotten that, because that song sucks. So does More Than A Feeling, but not as much.

jdaltroy5
04-03-2013, 08:59 AM

Kids these days don't appreciate a good synthesizer solo.

SpikedLemonade
04-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Kids these days don't appreciate a good synthesizer solo.

I got this **** ÉÉÉ happening again and for the life of me canèt remember how to change the keyboard settings.

jdaltroy5
04-03-2013, 10:38 AM
I got this **** ÉÉÉ happening again and for the life of me canèt remember how to change the keyboard settings.

CTRL+SHIFT

SpikedLemonade
04-03-2013, 10:45 AM
CTRL+SHIFT

Thanks.

I thought it was a 3 key combo.

jdaltroy5
04-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Thanks.

I thought it was a 3 key combo.

Try CTRL-ALT-DLT twice in a row very quickly next time.

Make sure not to save anything you're working on before you do it.

pmoon6
04-03-2013, 10:54 AM

until then.. blow me.He doesn't have the intricate tools to manipulate something so small.

Buddo
04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
I liked his PC. He didn't try and shirk stuff, but also made it obvious that the answer he gave, was going to be all he was giving up.
He has some feistiness in him, and he let that slip when someone was going on about developing players. He was very specific about the position that he felt he was in 'of developing starters', and said that he didn't like bringing guys in off the street to play if people got injured, as he believes it's his job to have the next guy in line, ready to play. He actually said something along the lines of when he was an O-Line coach, he never asked for anyone to be brought in due to injuries.
He also said that if players weren't interested in being starters, they had no right being on the roster, or words to that effect, showing a glimpse of some steel there.
There was a lot of good stuff in that PC, and I would recommend it to anyone who might be interested in getting some idea of what our new HC is going to be like.
Another part I liked, was when he was asked stuff about Fitz. He took no sh1t, or didn't remotely let anyone try to stir it up. When they kept trying, he simply said you had better ask Fitz, as he's no longer on the roster, so no more my concern.
Someone was trying to make something of the fact that Marrone had told Fitz he was going to be in a competition, but then cut him, as if he had been stringing him along.

feldspar
04-03-2013, 11:55 AM
I absolutely refuse to get caught up in any kind of off-season Bills hype anymore.