PDA

View Full Version : Is Kevin Kolb actually signed?????

BertSquirtgum
04-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Just wondering if the deal is all legally done and he is 100% signed. I haven't received a v-text and there hasn't been a press conference.

Mski
04-02-2013, 04:32 PM
no

BertSquirtgum
04-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Why isn't he officially signed yet? I thought he signed the contract on Saturday night.

JoeMama
04-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Just wondering if the deal is all legally done and he is 100% signed. I haven't received a v-text and there hasn't been a press conference.

I was wondering about that too.

The Kolb signing has been reported everywhere except Buffalo. You'd think the organization that actually signed him wouldn't be so mute.

Very strange.

fluteflakes
04-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Maybe the media just jumped the gun and we're not actually signing him? Only answer I can think of other than their just working out contract terms.

The last buffalo fan
04-02-2013, 05:28 PM
I got a phone call at work, from a guy that works at AZ and laughed at me as a Buffalo Bills fan, because we got their trash! :ill:

better days
04-02-2013, 05:32 PM
I got a phone call at work, from a guy that works at AZ and laughed at me as a Buffalo Bills fan, because we got their trash! :ill:

Well, I hope you laughed back at him & told him at least we didn't give up any draft picks or a BIG Money contract for him. Like Arizona did.

SpikedLemonade
04-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Well, I hope you laughed back at him & told him at least we didn't give up any draft picks or a BIG Money contract for him. Like Arizona did.

AND do not forget to tell them that the Bills will be contenders this year as well.

LOL

Goobylal
04-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Also tell him that behind that OL, Palmer will look even worse than Kolb did and get just as injured.

DynaPaul
04-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Good depth signing. He won't be a savior here but can play until we find the real deal. Hell he might even surprise us.

ServoBillieves
04-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Uhm.... Guaranteed. It's already happened. So... even if it didn't happen I am astonished by the wonder as to if it did.

BertSquirtgum
04-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Uhm.... Guaranteed. It's already happened. So... even if it didn't happen I am astonished by the wonder as to if it did.

Why? Alan Branch was signed and trotted right out to OBD for a press conference. Marrone even said that Kolb isn't officially on the roster in his press conference today.

better days
04-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Why? Alan Branch was signed and trotted right out to OBD for a press conference. Marrone even said that Kolb isn't officially on the roster in his press conference today.

Maybe Kolb is not fully healthy yet & they are waiting for him to pass his physical?

I heard this question asked today on Sirius, if Kolb signed with the Bills & it was a done deal? The answer was YES he is in Buffalo.

Buddo
04-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Paperwork not completed, at a guess. Also could be some sort of personal reason why Kolb hasn't been able to be there to sign, e.g. family holiday.
In his PC, Marrone was asked about Kolb, and wouldn't comment because it wasn't 'official', but the tone was that it would be at some point.

Beebe
04-03-2013, 12:31 AM

At least Kolb can run and PALMER can't, Palmer out by week 3.

Beebe
04-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Paperwork not completed, at a guess. Also could be some sort of personal reason why Kolb hasn't been able to be there to sign, e.g. family holiday.
In his PC, Marrone was asked about Kolb, and wouldn't comment because it wasn't 'official', but the tone was that it would be at some point.

I hope the BILLS fax machine works.

Night Train
04-03-2013, 07:19 AM
I think the milage on the Bills fleet 2006 Taurus has become an issue.

The last buffalo fan
04-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Totally forget about what the Cards gave up for Kolb, payback is a ***** ....... thank you folks!! :snicker:

sukie
04-03-2013, 10:51 AM
I hope the BILLS fax machine works.

Fax machine works... That is the problem. They have a fax connected to a 9600 fax modem installed in a Gateway 2000 pentium 60 circa 1994. (Running windows 95). They cant get pdf files nor access the old COMPUSERVE email address set up and Ralph forgot the password.

Skooby
04-03-2013, 12:01 PM
I think the milage on the Bills fleet 2006 Taurus has become an issue.

It's a Merkur XR4Ti, not a Sable.

more cowbell
04-03-2013, 04:54 PM
The Bills wrote the verbiage in his contract incorrectly. They had a verbal agreement, and this organization, YET again....screwed up....and who knows if he'll actually sign now.

Notice how they have been trotting out Tavaris Jackson for Q&A and now there is an article on the Bills App about "A Second Chance for Tavaris"...this organization is such an unimaginative, transparent, collection of basset hound diarrhea.

BertSquirtgum
04-03-2013, 06:00 PM
I think Buddy Nix is a joke. I don't know how he still has a job.

feldspar
04-03-2013, 06:07 PM
The Bills wrote the verbiage in his contract incorrectly. They had a verbal agreement, and this organization, YET again....screwed up....and who knows if he'll actually sign now.

Link?

I'm sure you are totally assuming this, but I ask anyway.

Scumbag College
04-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I don't know if it would be possible for the Bills to look worse for Kolb to be announced as signed everywhere and to have the deal fall through somehow. The front office already looks pretty bad but Bumblin' Buddy's image would hit an all time low.

feldspar
04-03-2013, 09:22 PM
I don't know if it would be possible for the Bills to look worse for Kolb to be announced as signed everywhere and to have the deal fall through somehow. The front office already looks pretty bad but Bumblin' Buddy's image would hit an all time low.

Kolb's image will be at an all-time low, I would think.

Everybody would be asking "WTF does this guy think he's got coming to him after making 30+ million in the NFL so far and accomplishing nothing?" I read on nfl.com that Kolb has already raked in roughly $36 million in his first 6 years in the NFL, where he did not prove much. This equals about $47,500 per pass attempt. Consider that, please. It's downright disgusting.

On top of his other highway robberies, is this guy trying to play somebody else ? That's what other people are likely to ask themselves.

I mean seriously.

If Kolb REALLY wants to play hardball, he won't find anybody to play it with. I'd think less of the Bills if they let Kolb dictate the terms, to be honest.

Skooby
04-03-2013, 10:33 PM

Everybody would be asking "WTF does this guy think he's got coming to him after making 30+ million in the NFL so far and accomplishing nothing?" I read on nfl.com that Kolb has already raked in roughly $36 million in his first 6 years in the NFL, where he did not prove much. This equals about $47,500 per pass attempt. Consider that, please. It's downright disgusting.

On top of his other highway robberies, is this guy trying to play somebody else ? That's what other people are likely to ask themselves.

I mean seriously.

If Kolb REALLY wants to play hardball, he won't find anybody to play it with. I'd think less of the Bills if they let Kolb dictate the terms, to be honest.

We crawled to him & asked him to come to Buffalo, so thinking he's not trying to gain maximum advantage over over is silly. Our road trips have been near beg festa to give us a shot, it's near sickening.

gebobs
04-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Totally forget about what the Cards gave up for Kolb, payback is a ***** ....... thank you folks!! :snicker:
Rodgers-Cromartie and a pick that became two picks for Vinny Curry and Brandon Boykin. Lots of bodies but not much there....yet anyway. R-C sucked but the young guys might pan out.

But 6-years, $62 million was big cash and they still have $6 million in dead cap this year.

JoeMama
04-03-2013, 11:55 PM
Bookmarked.

I can't wait to slander all the idiots who thought Kevin Kolb was a good idea. On any level.

feldspar
04-04-2013, 12:45 AM
We crawled to him & asked him to come to Buffalo

We did? We actually "crawled to him," huh? Can you back up that statement in any way? Kolb should not be the one with the leverage here. Where else is he gonna go? Even Jacksonville has a guy like Chad Henne for insurance. Kolb hasn't proven himself to be reliable in any way.

Bookmarked.

I can't wait to slander all the idiots who thought Kevin Kolb was a good idea. On any level.

I'll slander YOU right now, JoeMama. Your mama is so fat...

Seriously, you're actually gonna bookmark this page for a year just to show 'em? Project bad things on this ball club, and chances are you will be right, ass-munch. Don't go out ona limb or anything. Potentially singing Kolb serves a purpose...if he actually plays, that just means that the other options were probably worse, at least according to the coaching staff. That's all his starting would mean. Nobody, and I mean nobody is projecting great things from Kolb.

JoeMama
04-04-2013, 06:33 AM
I'll slander YOU right now, JoeMama. Your mama is so fat...

Seriously, you're actually gonna bookmark this page for a year just to show 'em? Project bad things on this ball club, and chances are you will be right, ass-munch. Don't go out ona limb or anything. Potentially singing Kolb serves a purpose...if he actually plays, that just means that the other options were probably worse, at least according to the coaching staff. That's all his starting would mean. Nobody, and I mean nobody is projecting great things from Kolb.

The stakes are high.

You're an annoying ****ing moron.

I want to rub it in a year from now.

better days
04-04-2013, 08:52 AM
It's a Merkur XR4Ti, not a Sable.

Ralph is a good businessman. He would have never allowed purchase of a LEMON like the Merkur.

pmoon6
04-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Bookmarked.

I can't wait to slander all the idiots who thought Kevin Kolb was a good idea. On any level.Wait. The Bills' organization was criticized for not doing anything in FA and not having a QB. They go out and get a QB and they still get jumped on?

Who did you want them to get? Peyton Manning? Matt Flynn probably won't turn out any better than Kolb. It also remains to be seen if he will be the starter. That said, he gets injured to much for my taste, but we shall see.

I swear the only thing Bills' Fans enjoy is *****ing.

ticatfan
04-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Funny thing happened up here, the argoes signed josh portis in march, he then just signed with the seahawks. He must have done some whinning to get out of his CFL contract. Can't blame him of course.

feldspar
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM

Your mama is fat, and her vagina is of a strange green tint.

Albany,n.y.
04-04-2013, 02:57 PM
As of today, there is no mention of Kolb on the Bills website-he's not among the off-season transactions, not on the roster & not on the depth chart.

BertSquirtgum
04-04-2013, 03:10 PM
As of today, there is no mention of Kolb on the Bills website-he's not among the off-season transactions, not on the roster & not on the depth chart.

and probably won't be. Senility has struck again. It's not a huge loss if he doesn't sign but I would have gladly welcomed the competition in camp. Competition only makes everyone better. Point proven by Chanly not bringing in anyone to compete with his golden boy and Putzputrid **** the bed.

Goobylal
04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Screw him. After thinking about it further, I'd rather go with TJax.

BertSquirtgum
04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Bookmarked.

Holy **** you're an obstuse idiot.

The stakes are high.

I want to rub it in a year from now.

because you're a pathetic loser who enjoys complaining about the Bills.

BillsFever21
04-04-2013, 03:51 PM

I mean seriously.

That's why he is the Rob Johnson of the past decade. There's a reason why he's only started 21 games in 6 years in the NFL. He isn't very good and he can't stay healthy. To think he's made 36 million over that span is ridiculous. More power to him though if teams are stupid enough to give it to him.

It wouldn't be the first time an agent/player got one over on Buddy Nix. The guy has overpaid several players by a ton of money since he's been here. Even seeing the original numbers listed that is more then he should be getting. He shouldn't be getting anymore money then Fitzpatrick is getting from the Titans. Even Fitzpatrick has had more success then him and at least he stays healthy.

I didn't see Andy Reid going for him after he went to KC. He knew he wouldn't last in Arizona and yet he still traded away a 2nd round draft pick to get Smith instead. He didn't even go after him after he was released to try and get him as a backup. You would think if his first coach in the NFL thought anything of him he wouldn't made a move for him. Anybody who has coached him knows that he can't stay healthy and he isn't very good while he's in the game. He's just not very dependable and he shouldn't get anymore then 3-4 million a year at this point.

mikemac2001
04-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Either way i am fine with it....unless that 13m doesnt include incentives

Skooby
04-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Either way i am fine with it....unless that 13m doesnt include incentives

That's the whole ball of wax right now.

BertSquirtgum
04-04-2013, 04:55 PM
The only way I was ok with the deal was because it was worth a MAX of 13 million. If Kolb wants anymore than that he should go **** himself and enjoy not playing football in the NFL anymore. No one should pay more than 4 million a year for him.

JoeMama
04-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Wait. The Bills' organization was criticized for not doing anything in FA and not having a QB. They go out and get a QB and they still get jumped on?

Who did you want them to get? Peyton Manning? Matt Flynn probably won't turn out any better than Kolb. It also remains to be seen if he will be the starter. That said, he gets injured to much for my taste, but we shall see.

I swear the only thing Bills' Fans enjoy is *****ing.

*****ing about stuff is awesome.

It's very cathartic.

How else should one respond to 13 years of disappointment?

Skooby
04-04-2013, 11:02 PM
*****ing about stuff is awesome.

It's very cathartic.

How else should one respond to 13 years of disappointment?

The Sabres are just multiplying the pain as well, it's an era of lousy local sports.