PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR (BIG) - Kolb's contract has a language disagreement, verbal misunderstanding

Skooby
04-03-2013, 12:12 PM
The team verbally made an agreement with Kevin Kolb & his agent but there was some details that Kevin's agent Jeff Nalley took the wrong way, so hold on for the tightening of the ship.

PTI
04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Back to QB in round 1..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maximilli
04-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Where u get this info from

trapezeus
04-03-2013, 12:19 PM
i can't imagine kolb has a lot of other options though. but if he doesn't make it, he doesn't make it. we can go 2-14 with or without him.

SpikedLemonade
04-03-2013, 12:20 PM
we can go 2-14 with or without him.

True.

Skooby
04-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Where u get this info from

Same guy that told me this, which now sits in Spam (even though what I posted was announced 2 days later by Schef):

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/217876-Rumor-Kevin-Kolb-coming-in-today

Maximilli
04-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Same guy that told me this, which now sits in Spam (even though what I posted was announced 2 days later by Schef):

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/217876-Rumor-Kevin-Kolb-coming-in-today

Well i looked everywhere and dont see that. kolb visiting was all over the place that didnt require research

Meathead
04-03-2013, 12:36 PM
now that john skelton is available all bets are off

Skooby
04-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Well i looked everywhere and dont see that. kolb visiting was all over the place that didnt require research

I posted that thread on March 28th.

Jaybird
04-03-2013, 12:50 PM
If both sides wanted it done they will work out the verbage in the agreement. I do this for a livivng and it happens all the time.

feldspar
04-03-2013, 01:07 PM
i can't imagine kolb has a lot of other options though.

I completely agree with this part. I don't see a situation anywhere where Kolb has a better chance to start. Personally, I sure hope that he doesn't start and a rookie draft pick beats him in the open competition.

I'm guessing here, but perhaps there is a huge discrepancy between what his pay would be if he starts or not. I think there SHOULD be, anyway.

Kolb can't continue to just work and manipulate the system forever without really proving anything. Maybe that's what he's trying to do...dunno. He's not worth investing all that much in at this point...can't really project him as the starter right now. He shouldn't be looking for big guarantees if he thinks there is a chance that he won't win the starting job with THIS year's QB draft class.

In other words, the guy has to prove himself...FINALLY.

jdaltroy5
04-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Back to QB in round 1..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whether or not Kevin Kolb signed should have ZERO effect on our draft plan.

Novacane
04-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Eh. If he signs fine. If he doesn't sign fine.

Jeff1220
04-03-2013, 02:05 PM
If both sides wanted it done they will work out the verbage in the agreement. I do this for a livivng and it happens all the time.

You're an NFL agent? Or are you a GM?

PTI
04-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Whether or not Kevin Kolb signed should have ZERO effect on our draft plan.

I think it does. Maybe it shouldn't but I think it does.

OLDSRIP
04-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Maybe Kolb found out that wild boar haven't made it this far north.

justasportsfan
04-03-2013, 02:45 PM
I think the agent wanted the word "savior" written on the contract.

ServoBillieves
04-03-2013, 03:24 PM
So ESPN, NFL Network, NFL.com, et cetera are still talking about Kolb being a Bill but you know something they don't? We're waiting for a legit source from you. I'm already reeling in the fact that we signed DHB when he was cut from Oakland.

Scumbag College
04-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Eh. If he signs fine. If he doesn't sign fine.

Kind of sad when that's the general consensus about the probable Opening Day QB.

TigerJ
04-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Whether or not Kevin Kolb signed should have ZERO effect on our draft plan.I have a minor disagreement with this statement. I think the Bills should draft a QB. I think if Kolb does sign, what the Bills focus on in drafting a QB will and should be affected. Without Kolb, the Bills have to at least be cognizant of how soon a QB will be ready to start. With Kolb in the fold and presumably capable of playing like a starter (better than Ryan Fitzpatrick) the sole focus in drafting a QB becomes who has the highest ceiling in the offense Marrone plans to run?

POTLAND PSILBYLO
04-03-2013, 05:02 PM
that verbage

Yasgur's Farm
04-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Verbiage.

verbage
/ver'b*j/ n. A deliberate misspelling and mispronunciation of verbiage (http://www.billszone.com/browse/verbiage) that assimilates it to the word `garbage'.

Goobylal
04-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Give him a minimum contract. He's got ZERO leverage now.

EDS
04-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Buddy and his team are doing a wonderful job creating an environment attractive to top QBs and other free agents.

feldspar
04-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Buddy and his team are doing a wonderful job creating an environment attractive to top QBs and other free agents.

Top QBs generally are not available on the free agent market.

Goobylal
04-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Lawson and Branch were excellent pickups.

cookie G
04-03-2013, 07:26 PM
True.

Hey Spiked...did you see your buddy Nolan Nawrocki do a Cam Newton on Geno Smith?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/nawrocki-provides-scathing-assessment-of-geno-smith/

Said he isn't a student of the game, marginal work ethic, can't take hard coaching...blah, blah blah. Gave no examples.

Geno's former QB coach called him after reading it, laughed and said, "welcome to the business, kid".

Much like calling Newton a fake, without ever meeting him, he obviously never talked to Geno's coaches.

They were almost laughing about it on NFLN last night.

BertSquirtgum
04-03-2013, 07:41 PM
If Buddy Nix isn't fired after not getting Kolb signed then something stinks inside OBD. I wouldn't be mad at the fact that they didn't get Kolb just mad that some senile old **** is making us look even more stupid. I hate Buddy so much.

jdaltroy5
04-04-2013, 07:58 AM
I have a minor disagreement with this statement. I think the Bills should draft a QB. I think if Kolb does sign, what the Bills focus on in drafting a QB will and should be affected. Without Kolb, the Bills have to at least be cognizant of how soon a QB will be ready to start. With Kolb in the fold and presumably capable of playing like a starter (better than Ryan Fitzpatrick) the sole focus in drafting a QB becomes who has the highest ceiling in the offense Marrone plans to run?

Well as long as it's only a minor disagreement.

I think if a rookie is ready to start, he's ready to start. If he's not ready to start, send Tavaris out there to take the beating.

If they really like a QB in the first and pass on him because Kevin Kolb is on the roster, then Buddy needs to be taken out behind the woodshed for a beating.

EDS
04-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Lawson and Branch were excellent pickups.

True, and there was huge competition for their services . . .

Goobylal
04-04-2013, 08:18 AM
True, and there was huge competition for their services . . .
Lawson signed early. Branch visited many teams. Both will be good players and didn't cost a ton.

SpikedLemonade
04-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Hey Spiked...did you see your buddy Nolan Nawrocki do a Cam Newton on Geno Smith?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/nawrocki-provides-scathing-assessment-of-geno-smith/

Said he isn't a student of the game, marginal work ethic, can't take hard coaching...blah, blah blah. Gave no examples.

Geno's former QB coach called him after reading it, laughed and said, "welcome to the business, kid".

Much like calling Newton a fake, without ever meeting him, he obviously never talked to Geno's coaches.

They were almost laughing about it on NFLN last night.

Yes.

Nolan Noblacki is up to his old racist tricks.

PTI
04-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Top QBs generally are not available on the free agent market.

Favre, Manning, Warner, Montana, and Brees were all at one time.

They have been, you just have to make a play for them.

jdaltroy5
04-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Favre, Manning, Warner, Montana, and Brees were all at one time.

They have been, you just have to make a play for them.
Favre and Warner looked to be done, Montana was traded to the Chiefs, and Manning was 36 years old coming off of major neck surgery.

Brees was really the only guy and the Chargers thought so highly of him that they used their first overall pick to draft a QB.

Mski
04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Favre and Warner looked to be done, Montana was traded to the Chiefs, and Manning was 36 years old coming off of major neck surgery.

Brees was really the only guy and the Chargers thought so highly of him that they used their first overall pick to draft a QB.brees was also coming off a major shoulder injury

Skooby
04-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Yeah, Adam Caplan confirmed it.

SquishDaFish
04-07-2013, 11:01 AM
I heard it was the NFL that held it up and not anything between Kolb and the Bills

- - - Updated - - -

I heard it was the NFL that held it up and not anything between Kolb and the Bills

Skooby
04-07-2013, 11:05 AM

- - - Updated - - -

The contract was created by the Bills / Kolb's agent, it had a language disagreement that wasn't allowed by the league. The agents usually write the contracts, they organize the information & before it becomes official, the league has to give it's blessing. They spoke verbally about it, & tightened it up, now with the league's blessings.

Goobylal
04-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I'd still like to know the specifics. All I know is it's for 2-years and $13M max.

SquishDaFish
04-07-2013, 02:21 PM
The contract was created by the Bills / Kolb's agent, it had a language disagreement that wasn't allowed by the league. The agents usually write the contracts, they organize the information & before it becomes official, the league has to give it's blessing. They spoke verbally about it, & tightened it up, now with the league's blessings.

But it wasnt a language disagreement between Bills and Agent. It was language the NFL didnt like. BIG difference

Skooby
04-07-2013, 03:15 PM
But it wasnt a language disagreement between Bills and Agent. It was language the NFL didnt like. BIG difference

I was told the hold-up was based on a language disagreement on the contract that was written, notice the language disagreement in the title?? The exact language disagreement or terms were not disclosed to me, I'll try to be more exact next time. You also didn't hear this anywhere but here first, so it is what is.

Everyone wants to split hairs when I break news, sorta PIs-n' me off.

DraftBoy
04-07-2013, 03:17 PM
I was told the hold-up was based on a language disagreement on the contract that was written, notice the language disagreement in the title?? The exact language agreement or terms were not disclosed to me.
Yes but your OP went on to speculate that it was an issue between Bills and Kolb's agent, which was false.

You can't claim Caplan confirmed your report based solely on the thread title being accurate,

SquishDaFish
04-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Yes but your OP went on to speculate that it was an issue between Bills and Kolb's agent, which was false.

You can't claim Caplan confirmed your report based solely on the thread title being accurate,

Exactly

Skooby
04-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I speculated about that. The language part was not speculation, so I'll just say less next time. Then when you ask for more details, I'll just clam up & get taunted about being a liar. I have things on spam that we're proven right days later as well, by all the news sources. Yet they sit in spam, when their real. It's kinda sad actually, punish those that inform you early.

SquishDaFish
04-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Skooby why does it really matter?? Its only a message board you dont get paid for breaking news do you?? Want some pats on your back to inflate your ego??? Jesus

better days
04-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Skooby why does it really matter?? Its only a message board you dont get paid for breaking news do you?? Want some pats on your back to inflate your ego??? Jesus

He is hoping to get hired by Pat Moran. Being put to spam really hurts his chances of that.