OpIv37
04-03-2013, 02:29 PM
hahahahahahaha

Slim
04-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Where did you hear this?

ckg927
04-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Let's get TSN's hockey insiders in on this...

whkfc
04-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Chimera goes against Sabres m o so far we aren't in the market for a 33 yo. Vet

PTI
04-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Yeah, a team of Otts!!!!

OpIv37
04-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Chimera goes against Sabres m o so far we aren't in the market for a 33 yo. Vet

if this is true it's probably a salary dump. Besides, we need some vets on the team. We already have 4 or 5 guys who were in Rochester earlier this year getting significant playing time.

ckg927
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Better yet, there's a reporter in Washington-Sky Kerstein(who works for WUSA-TV)who is intimating that Staff IS heading to the nation's capital.

Slim
04-03-2013, 02:46 PM
if this is true it's probably a salary dump. Besides, we need some vets on the team. We already have 4 or 5 guys who were in Rochester earlier this year getting significant playing time.

Exactly. We replace Pom in FA this summer(or less likely, with another deal today).

SkateZilla
04-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Stafford from EDM is already been traded to WSH, so Im wondering if the sources arent mixing them up.

SCBILLFAN1
04-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Stafford from EDM is already been traded to WSH, so Im wondering if the sources arent mixing them up.

I guess they can never get enough Staffords!

whkfc
04-03-2013, 03:00 PM
TSN saying Sabres only move is the Pominville deal today. Nothing else coming.

OpIv37
04-03-2013, 03:02 PM
damn damn damn.

PTI
04-03-2013, 03:03 PM
TSN has said Miller and Stafford but that is just some loudmouths

PTI
04-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Now Hockey Central says no Stafford deal

Mski
04-03-2013, 03:08 PM
the WGR radio guys are saying that Stafford didnt go

trapezeus
04-03-2013, 03:10 PM
so we are done, then? i would find trades to be announced at 4:30 after the 3pm deadline unlikely, no?

SkateZilla
04-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Yes Regier says we're done,

The stafford trade either neither happened or the source didnt know his staffords, Stafford in WSH was traded to EDM.

rbochan
04-03-2013, 03:48 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/SL_Owned/adminoptions.gif

swiper
04-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Bob Stauffer‏<s>@</s>Bob_Stauffer<small class="time">5h (http://www.billszone.com/Bob_Stauffer/status/319499147818442753) </small>FYI...for those asking about Drew Stafford. Word is Darcy Regier is looking for a #1 to start for Drew Stafford...

ROFL. Regier is out of his mind.

gebobs
04-03-2013, 05:07 PM
ROFL. Regier is out of his mind.
Not even. Considering what he got in return for the likes of Gaustad, there are some GMs that are willing to pay through the nose for the Sabres' garbage. :-)

gebobs
04-03-2013, 05:59 PM
I bet Stafford is pissed.

tampabay25690
04-03-2013, 07:28 PM
WOW all the rumors.............

FYI for all of you.
Ryan Miller was never getting traded and was never asked by the organization to give teams for trades.
Stafford was getting traded but some stuff fell through last second.

Look for Leino to get bought out in the summer.

THE team that called the SABRES most was Tampa, they wanted MILLER something bad and then decided to give up today and make there own deal.

Look for Miller to extended in the summer..............But things change all the time....

Skooby
04-03-2013, 08:01 PM

FYI for all of you.
Ryan Miller was never getting traded and was never asked by the organization to give teams for trades.

THE team that called the SABRES most was Tampa, they wanted MILLER something bad and then decided to give up today and make there own deal.

Look for Miller to extended in the summer..............But things change all the time....

Milsie should get a haircut based on everything being equal.

G Wolly
04-04-2013, 02:26 AM
I coulda sworn we traded Stafford for Ovi and a first, and the mascot.

Well. This ruined my whole day.

trapezeus
04-04-2013, 07:21 AM

FYI for all of you.

can you give us a couple of the options that were bandied about for stafford. see if we would have accepted.

i think a #1 for stafford is a legit request. in a non-strike shortened season, a team would have done that. stafford is streaky and inconsistent. you know when he signs with someone else, he'll have 10 goals in the first 12 games. and then he'll cool off and we'll never have to worry about him again.

clumping platelets
04-04-2013, 10:10 PM
I would have liked either:

Stafford for Chimera + 2nd/3rd

Stafford for Burmistrov + 3rd/4th (rumor I saw was that Darcy asked for a 2nd)

swiper
04-05-2013, 04:39 AM
I would have liked either:

Stafford for Chimera + 2nd/3rd

Stafford for Burmistrov + 3rd/4th (rumor I saw was that Darcy asked for a 2nd)

He was getting greedy for the garbage player he was offering.

clumping platelets
04-05-2013, 04:55 AM
He was getting greedy for the garbage player he was offering.

I agree.............either player would have been an upgrade IMO

tampabay25690
04-05-2013, 10:55 AM
can you give us a couple of the options that were bandied about for stafford. see if we would have accepted.

i think a #1 for stafford is a legit request. in a non-strike shortened season, a team would have done that. stafford is streaky and inconsistent. you know when he signs with someone else, he'll have 10 goals in the first 12 games. and then he'll cool off and we'll never have to worry about him again.

That info I can't get...
Only thing I can say is he was gone then not gone.....Honest truth.....
I know there was alot of stuff going on for him.

They needed to Get rid of some salary situation and from what I know...
They think Pominville has reached his PEAK and departed with him over Stafford right away and I agree with that anyway.......

I do know the Miller thing to TAMPA was strong but no way the SABRES were dumping there #1 selling tool in Buffalo lets be honest until there is some other big names...
Good thing is Hecht is gone after this year and Leino will be bought out from what I hear.....
So there will be some $$$ to spend on FA and some of are young guys got some work and will get even more work the rest of the year.
And the draft picks is unreal what they have for bargining now.....

Thats all I have for now.

Skooby
04-05-2013, 11:08 AM
That info I can't get...

They think Pominville has reached his PEAK and departed with him over Stafford right away and I agree with that anyway.......

I do know the Miller thing to TAMPA was strong but no way the SABRES were dumping there #1 selling tool in Buffalo lets be honest until there is some other big names...
Good thing is Hecht is gone after this year and Leino will be bought out from what I hear.....
So there will be some $$$ to spend on FA and some of are young guys got some work and will get even more work the rest of the year.

A few lottery balls popping up Sabres & we have a chance, if we fire Darcy soon.

tampabay25690
04-05-2013, 01:15 PM
A few lottery balls popping up Sabres & we have a chance, if we fire Darcy soon.

From what I know DARCY is safe right now......
This will depend on the rest of the season.
They need to finish strong for his and RON'S sake..........

So the lose out thing is not going to happen especially when alot of these young guys are fighting for next year.....

Mski
04-05-2013, 02:45 PM
That info I can't get...

he needs to be waived now, not just not resigned

Skooby
04-05-2013, 03:10 PM

So the lose out thing is not going to happen especially when alot of these young guys are fighting for next year.....

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing, I'd just as soon win & let fate sort it all out. Even though I know if Darcy is here, we're SOL.

Dude
04-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Salary room means nothing as long as Darcy is employed.

trapezeus
04-05-2013, 03:42 PM

that's too bad...ron did better with the same soup of crap as lindy.

if darcy is making calls, i'd rather they stick it out with Ron just so the team gets the message, "we did the coach thing. now we're sure it's you guys. so we're replacing you."

swiper
04-05-2013, 04:43 PM
"we did the coach thing. now we're sure it's you guys. so we're replacing you."

I think they got this message here at this trade deadline. Regher, Leopold and Pominville all gone. Stafford now knows they were trying to dum him and Regier couldn't get value because his player sucks.