PDA

View Full Version : No huddle coming back to Buffalo?

X-Era
04-03-2013, 03:40 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/04/03/fast-paced-offense-coming-for-the-bills/

It's been mentioned before due to the Hackett lineage and although this article from BB.com doesn't specifically say they will be running it as if it was coming from a player that has now looked the playbook, I think the writing is on the wall.

Thoughts:

I think you need a cerebral QB to run this system. It's going to take a guy that can quickly make pre-snap reads since there is even less time to digest what's happening.
I initially thought it would help a player like Spiller but I'm not sure what a no-huddle offense adds to help him get space to run.
I'd like an up tempo offense to keep the defense on it's heels.
Nassib ran this style offense under both Maronne and Hackett this past year. This may lead us even closer to drafting Nassib.

Does this potentially narrow down the list of QB prospects who may best fit this style offense?

Any other personnel concerns with this style offense?

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/bills-k-gun-offense-influential-to-new-oc-nathaniel-hackett.html

Generalissimus Gibby
04-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Nice to see we're going to party like its 2009, oh yeah right . . . no competent qb this time either.

PTI
04-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Fitz is coming back in a trade with that low contract to start, awesome!!!

Raptor
04-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Anyone else tired of this team saying they are going to bring back the "no-huddle" every other year?

I mean we get it, it was the staple of the most successful Bills era ever but it was 20 years ago. How bout instead a no huddle we implement an offense thats new that teams have to adjust to and scores enough to win instead of grasping at the past

better days
04-03-2013, 04:08 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/04/03/fast-paced-offense-coming-for-the-bills/

It's been mentioned before due to the Hackett lineage and although this article from BB.com doesn't specifically say they will be running it as if it was coming from a player that has now looked the playbook, I think the writing is on the wall.

Thoughts:

I think you need a cerebral QB to run this system. It's going to take a guy that can quickly make pre-snap reads since there is even less time to digest what's happening.
I initially thought it would help a player like Spiller but I'm not sure what a no-huddle offense adds to help him get space to run.
I'd like an up tempo offense to keep the defense on it's heels.
Nassib ran this style offense under both Maronne and Hackett this past year. This may lead us even closer to drafting Nassib.

Does this potentially narrow down the list of QB prospects who may best fit this style offense?

Any other personnel concerns with this style offense?

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/bills-k-gun-offense-influential-to-new-oc-nathaniel-hackett.html

1. I guess we can forget about Geno.

2.Thurmal played pretty well in that offense.

3. I agree.

4. I agree.

cookie G
04-03-2013, 04:49 PM
I loved the 2009 version

Run right - minus 2 yards
Run left - minus 3 yards
3 yard pass on 3rd and 15.

TO sulks
Lee Evans says "WTF?"
Russ says, "I don't understand why we can't run. Sure, I dumped both offensive tackles..but you can find those anywhere".
Trent Edwards says "That was a pretty good series, I was 1-1".

I think they dumped the whole idea after 2 weeks.

BillsFever21
04-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Every year we have a post like this. All it ever ends up being is news fodder to get some Bills fans excited that still can't get the Levy/Kelly era out of their mind. Since that was the only time we were really any good I can see why they choose to use it every offseason.

RedEyE
04-03-2013, 05:21 PM
EJ Manuel has been running it at FSU.

feldspar
04-03-2013, 06:18 PM
C.J. Spiller gets too winded for the no-huddle. :fishy:

Generalissimus Gibby
04-03-2013, 06:26 PM
C.J. Spiller gets too winded for the no-huddle. :fishy:

Perhaps with Gailey gone, we'll find that the opposite is true.

mrbojanglezs
04-03-2013, 07:06 PM
no huddle doesn't get me excited

l3ills
04-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Is Trent Edwards available? He's pretty stout running it if I remember correctly.