PDA

View Full Version : Next years recycled QB for the Bills?

MidnightVoice
04-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Is 2013 Philip Rivers' last shot with San Diego Chargers?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000157145/article/is-2013-philip-rivers-last-shot-with-san-diego-chargers

Three years ago, it was unthinkable that the Bolts would willfully cut ties with Rivers. But back-to-back mediocre seasons, combined with the reality of new faces at head coach (Mike McCoy) and general manager (Tom Telesco), puts Rivers in a precarious position as he enters his 10th season.
Rapoport: How to fix Philip Rivers
Philip Rivers is coming off two disappointing seasons. Can the QB be salvaged? Ian Rapoport talks to a man with a plan. More ...

U-T San Diego columnist Kevin Acee summed up the situation during a Wednesday appearance on NFL Network's "Path to the Draft."

"No one will say it, but I think that 2013 is the final audition of Philip Rivers," Acee said.

Acee bases his assumption on San Diego's decision not to restructure Rivers' contract this offseason despite the team's tight salary-cap situation. Acee says the Chargers' choice to sit tight on Rivers "speaks volumes."

mjt328
04-04-2013, 08:01 AM
It's amazing how fast (and without warning) that cliff can come in football.

Seeing Rivers' decline reminds me a lot of the season we traded for Bledsoe.

The first handful of games in 2002, Bledsoe was incredible. He was throwing for 300/400 yards every week. Then all of a sudden, everything fell apart. We couldn't move the ball. We couldn't score.
Everybody kept expecting Bledsoe to revert to his Pro Bowl form. It was just a slump. We just needed to get back in rhythm.
But it never happened.

There are a lot of people who follow the Chargers closely that believe Rivers is done physically. They say his arm is shot. He can't make the throws he used to, and his decision-making isn't good enough to overcome that.

Don't Panic
04-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Love the arm, hate the attitude. I guess there's reason to believe the attitude will fade as time passes, but I still doubt they cut him.

trapezeus
04-04-2013, 10:40 AM
that weird delivery is probably best for So-Cal and not buffalo. and the guy is so easily rattled. when things aren't going right he pouts. when it's good, he's a fun competitor.

Prior to Chandler's injury, i thought he might have benefitted from a change of pace because he was best with LT and Gates. and the bills have a good run game and a big body at TE.

But i hear you on "has he hit his wall."