PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson suggests North Korea should bomb Foxboro, MA

IlluminatusUIUC
04-04-2013, 09:22 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22007330/stevie-johnson-jokingly-suggests-north-korea-bomb-foxboro-mass

North Korea tripping hard AF right now. Chill out with that Nuke talk. #uMadBro (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23uMadBro&src=hash)

War is nothing to be played with. I apologize North Korea........but if y'all do bomb 1st... Bomb Foxboro, Mass. Sincerely,#BillsMafia (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BillsMafia&src=hash)

LMFAO, finally he talks sense

The King
04-04-2013, 09:24 AM
This would suck for me.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-04-2013, 09:25 AM
This would suck for me.

Collateral damage is tragic but unavoidable

Night Train
04-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Reading Stevie is like reading Charles Dickens. I can barely tell the difference.

Joe Fo Sho
04-04-2013, 09:27 AM
At least wait until their home game versus the Jets..

ServoBillieves
04-04-2013, 09:32 AM
That is hysterical, and I really do believe he loves the Bills. Haha that's great.

trapezeus
04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
he's enthusiasm for buffalo is awesome. he's the kind of player that you'd love to see gets rewarded with a championship in the town he started in at the end of his career. he would have a great story line. 7th round pick....sat for a while, got to be a starter, had big games, had some bone head drops and issues with media, got the big contract, played well again on crappy teams with bad qbs, and then at the end wins it all and the fans forever hail him as a hero.

i'd love to see these three years reward him well.

X-Era
04-04-2013, 10:54 AM
If North Korea did bomb Foxboro the radioactive fallout might zombify Tom Brady.

... But even Zombie Brady can beat the Bills.

Mski
04-04-2013, 10:59 AM
now if it could only happen during a home game between the pats and the dolphins

Bert102176
04-05-2013, 08:12 AM

Nah home game against the dolphins they'll both be better teams then the Jets.

Bert102176
04-05-2013, 08:18 AM
If North Korea did bomb Foxboro the radioactive fallout might zombify Tom Brady.

... But even Zombie Brady can beat the Bills.

Go ahead zomify Brady I'll be the first to put a sword through his head and put the zombie down

justasportsfan
04-05-2013, 08:23 AM

better days
04-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Go ahead zomify Brady I'll be the first to put a sword through his head and put the zombie down

This could make a great movie, Zombie Football. I can picture the WR lumbering down the field, arms outstrached.

Bill Cody
04-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Nuke jokes are always funny

ServoBillieves
04-05-2013, 08:39 AM
This could make a great movie, Zombie Football. I can picture the WR lumbering down the field, arms outstrached.

better days
04-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Nuke jokes are always funny

Yeah, you younger guys missed out on the 1950s cold war. Every week they would have a drill in school where you got under your desk for protection. Now that was a JOKE.

superbills
04-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Nah home game against the dolphins they'll both be better teams then the Jets.

How 'bout a home game between the Pats and Phins, but the Jets get caught in the mushroom cloud as their plane flies over while heading to a game in London the following week?

Joe Fo Sho
04-05-2013, 12:37 PM
How 'bout a home game between the Pats and Phins, but the Jets get caught in the mushroom cloud as their plane flies over while heading to a game in London the following week?

Yeah, it's always best to compromise.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-05-2013, 12:43 PM

You mean Dolphins right?

Generalissimus Gibby
04-05-2013, 12:46 PM
This would suck for me.

Me, me, me, Jesus H. Christ, why does everything have to be about you? I mean here we have a chance to destroy a dangerous threat to our world, the New England Patriots, and all you care about is what could happen to you. Get your priorities straight.

Joe Fo Sho
04-05-2013, 02:02 PM
You mean Dolphins right?

No. I live in Cortland, where the Jets have their training camp. **** the Jets.

DynaPaul
04-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Hell yeah... Take out some place that nobody but Boston fans give a crap about.

Mski
04-05-2013, 06:59 PM
if only he could take out the garden and fenway at the same time too

camelcowboy
04-06-2013, 01:26 PM
During a Bruins penguins game

Figster
04-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Joking aside, and I realize the tweet was blown way out of proportion,

Probably not the best way to start off with a new regime.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-06-2013, 11:17 PM
I hope Kim Jong Kukoo has three nukes. One for Foxboro, one for Louisville, and one for Karl Hess' house.

Skooby
04-15-2013, 10:27 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22007330/stevie-johnson-jokingly-suggests-north-korea-bomb-foxboro-mass

LMFAO, finally he talks sense

The bombing MA idea doesn't seem as funny now, time to grow up Stevie.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-15-2013, 10:31 PM

Did you think Stevie was serious?

Skooby
04-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Did you think Stevie was serious?

Regardless, wishing harm on anyone / anywhere especially in the continental US is crazy. People forgot that we were attacked by people that hate us, that can happen anywhere at anytime. Stevie's comments show his immaturity & his complete lack of what can happen, I just as soon trade him now because he's just clueless & will never get it. The joker stunt thingy he pulled was just a sign of his inability to have good taste, he lost me as a fan.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Regardless, wishing harm on anyone / anywhere especially in the continental US is crazy. People forgot that we were attacked by people that hate us, that can happen anywhere at anytime. Stevie's comments show his immaturity & his complete lack of what can happen, I just as soon trade him now because he's just clueless & will never get it. The joker stunt thingy he pulled was just a sign of his inability to have good taste, he lost me as a fan.

Jesus, get over yourself for a second. Stevie made a silly crack on twitter and two weeks later it happened in the same city. That's just a tragic coincidence on his part, not some deep seated immaturity. If he posted it today you might have a point, but focus on the real victims and the real villain here.

Skooby
04-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Jesus, get over yourself for a second. Stevie made a silly crack on twitter and two weeks later it happened in the same city. That's just a tragic coincidence on his part, not some deep seated immaturity. If he posted it today you might have a point, but focus on the real victims and the real villain here.

It's pretty douchy to wish harm on other Americans, ever. It doesn't matter if another day, minute or second. I don't go around wishing harm on anyone, Stevie has kids as well, he needs to set a better example.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-15-2013, 11:13 PM
It's pretty douchy to wish harm on other Americans, ever. It doesn't matter if another day, minute or second. I don't go around wishing harm on anyone, Stevie has kids as well, he needs to set a better example.

It's called a ******* joke, dude. Seriously. He's not "wishing harm" on anyone, he's joking about a team that's curbstomped his team his entire career. People make light of violence sometimes. That doesn't mean they condone actual violence.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-15-2013, 11:30 PM

While I will agree that what Stevie said was beyond stupid, I know a joke from seriousness. Stevie was joking. I've read people on here wishing Brady or other people injury or even death before. So if you want to call Stevie out get a list of all those on this site and other sites as well to call out.

Skooby
04-15-2013, 11:35 PM
While I will agree that what Stevie said was beyond stupid, I know a joke from seriousness. Stevie was joking. I've read people on here wishing Brady or other people injury or even death before. So if you want to call Stevie out get a list of all those on this site and other sites as well to call out.

So if other people wish harm on others, then it's morally ok for all?? I mean what type of statement is that ?? Dude, Brady not playing would help the Bills out because we don't play good ball consistent enough. Matt Cassel beat us twice so dreaming about another player's injury helping us would just start with us being able to help ourself. It's still morally wrong & classless, Stevie is a NFL player & not a fan. Keep in mind the throwing stones in a glass house type deal.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-15-2013, 11:44 PM
So if other people wish harm on others, then it's morally ok for all?? I mean what type of statement is that ?? Dude, Brady not playing would help the Bills out because we don't play good ball consistent enough. Matt Cassel beat us twice so dreaming about another player's injury helping us would just start with us being able to help ourself. It's still morally wrong & classless, Stevie is a NFL player & not a fan. Keep in mind the throwing stones in a glass house type deal.

Where did I say it was okay? Seriously read and comprehend not just read. What I said was if your calling Stevie out for wishing harm on people then call the people who have wished harm on people here and other places out as well. Keep in mind using your head fully and not hiding behind the "if its okay for one then its okay for all" argument.

G Wolly
04-15-2013, 11:49 PM

I'm sure you weren't the least bit offended at his tweet before 3 pm Monday.

Hey maybe the kid is a psychic. He knew what everyone else didn't.

Or maybe he said it because he executed the bombing.

OH GOD STEVEN WHY?!

Shut up and relax.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-16-2013, 12:49 AM
Must you troll on all BBMBs???? your the child here your posts are thoughtless and to think SJ had this in mind when making his comments your a fool.

Mouldsie
04-16-2013, 12:55 AM
Someone was looking for a reason to get angry for no reason... and found one

Dr. Lecter
04-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Maybe he should not make jokes about places getting bombed. It really is not humorous, regardless of yesterday's events

Novacane
04-16-2013, 07:03 AM

I say the same thing about your posts everyday

The King
04-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Stevie mad a joke (one that wasn't funny before or after the attack on Boston). That doesnt change who Stevie is, he's an attention whore. And why he would poke fun at a city who has demolished the Bills for over a decade is beyond me... why give them ammo?

It's immature. It's stupid, and it has nothing to do with what happened yesterday.

RedEyE
04-16-2013, 07:09 AM
This is stupid. Stevie had nothing to do with this.

People need someone to blame and when the answers to questions aren't delivered quick enough they fill their time with nonsense.

Leave the guy alone.

Skooby
04-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Maybe he should not make jokes about places getting bombed. It really is not humorous, regardless of yesterday's events

It's just having a little bit of class, you don't do stupid things like this.

ServoBillieves
04-16-2013, 07:37 AM
Skooby, you're an idiot. Unless you physically saw Stevie do this, or one of your "numerous sources" (aka dart board) know that Stevie was involved, or it was some disgruntled Bills fan who worships Stevie and thought "hmm this is a great idea, I'll go harm people in a non-related incident on a city holiday!" then shut up and don't ****ing drag up old stuff. I would believe that any human being with a modicum of self respect or care for his fellow man would feel bad about what happened yesterday, and that would include Mr. Johnson.

Of course he feels bad, so kudos to you for being right again. Does this count towards your personal agenda of being right? Good for you! Meanwhile, I'm going to thank whatever deity or powers that be that my cousin and his fiancee who were in the marathon are safe and not compare a nuclear bomb from Korea joke to a random act of violence that hurt an already ailing north east.

And no, it's not funny to wish harm on fellow Americans, but it was a JOKE. I do stand up comedy, I say terrible things about fictional situations, but people have forgotten how to laugh and that words/"tweets" don't merit actual action. If one of my jokes turned in to a real event, I would be fairly devastated.

****ing unrelated and ridiculous to re-surface.

K-Gun
04-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Stevie is very immature, and it shows in clutch moments when he drops game winning passes/ costs his team stupid penalties. Immaturity increases the likeliness of choking under pressure, and boy has he had some big time chokes.

In any event, the joke about the bombing was not only tasteless, and not just a sign of of poor judgement but also totally self-centered. He needs to be the focus of attention, even when its to the determent of his team. I don't take anything away form his skill, but I'd trade his ass if it meant moving up and getting a true franchise player. I don't care how in love you dudes are with his boyish charm and self-promoting ego. Unless he grows up, he's going to cost this team more down the road then its worth.

Skooby
04-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Stevie is very immature, and it shows in clutch moments when he drops game winning passes/ costs his team stupid penalties. Immaturity increases the likeliness of choking under pressure, and boy has he had some big time chokes.

In any event, the joke about the bombing was not only tasteless, and not just a sign of of poor judgement but also totally self-centered. He needs to be the focus of attention, even when its to the determent of his team. I don't take anything away form his skill, but I'd trade his ass if it meant moving up and getting a true franchise player. I don't care how in love you dudes are with his boyish charm and self-promoting ego. Unless he grows up, he's going to cost this team more down the road then its worth.

Spoken like a true adult. This type of behavior that looks funny is a pattern of immaturity, it's very frustrating to support him doing these things that have cost us games & our dignity via his poor choices of words.

Skooby
04-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Skooby, you're an idiot. Unless you physically saw Stevie do this, or one of your "numerous sources" (aka dart board) know that Stevie was involved, or it was some disgruntled Bills fan who worships Stevie and thought "hmm this is a great idea, I'll go harm people in a non-related incident on a city holiday!" then shut up and don't ****ing drag up old stuff. I would believe that any human being with a modicum of self respect or care for his fellow man would feel bad about what happened yesterday, and that would include Mr. Johnson.

Of course he feels bad, so kudos to you for being right again. Does this count towards your personal agenda of being right? Good for you! Meanwhile, I'm going to thank whatever deity or powers that be that my cousin and his fiancee who were in the marathon are safe and not compare a nuclear bomb from Korea joke to a random act of violence that hurt an already ailing north east.

And no, it's not funny to wish harm on fellow Americans, but it was a JOKE. I do stand up comedy, I say terrible things about fictional situations, but people have forgotten how to laugh and that words/"tweets" don't merit actual action. If one of my jokes turned in to a real event, I would be fairly devastated.

****ing unrelated and ridiculous to re-surface.

Trying to justify Stevie's immature behavior in anyway, shape or fashion is a joke. It's not funny to wish harm on fellow Americans, it pretty much needed to end there.

Joe Fo Sho
04-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Trying to justify Stevie's immature behavior in anyway, shape or fashion is a joke. It's not funny to wish harm on fellow Americans, it pretty much needed to end there.

Do you not understand the joke he was making or do you not understand humor in general?

DraftBoy
04-16-2013, 07:58 AM
The "joke" was tasteless prior to yesterday's tragic events, they are only more so in the aftermath. I hope he feels bad and learns a lesson from this. His intent was never to wish harm and I think we all realize that, but that doesn't mean joking about bombings is suddenly funny or should even considered acceptable.

Figster
04-16-2013, 08:18 AM
The "joke" was tasteless prior to yesterday's tragic events, they are only more so in the aftermath. I hope he feels bad and learns a lesson from this. His intent was never to wish harm and I think we all realize that, but that doesn't mean joking about bombings is suddenly funny or should even considered acceptable.

We all know SJ didn't mean for this to happen, but If you were a terrorist that hated everything our country stand for, Its very possible you would take Stevie Johnsons words and ram our freedoom of speech down everyones throats.

EDS
04-16-2013, 08:23 AM
Stevie should hopefully take this opportunity to realize that dumb, insensitive, inflamatory remarks only (i) detract from who he is as a player and a person, and (ii) reflect negatively on the team, the Buffalo community and the NFL.

I would really like to be able to enjoy his play on the field without all the noise he seems intent on making.

K-Gun
04-16-2013, 08:26 AM
We all know SJ didn't mean for this to happen, but If you were a terrorist that hated everything our country stand for, Its very possible you would take Stevie Johnsons words and ram our freedoom of speech down everyones throats.

that's a big stretch. there's almost no way stevie's twitter post caused this. and even on the .0001% chance that it had anything to do with it, you can't in the least bit blame stevie for someone else's violent behavior.

nevertheless, its still a stupid and immature way to joke around. his explanation was totally self-serving as well- trying to say that he's pimping the great rivalry between the pats and bills. that's the joke, stevie trying to make himself relevant after another 6-10 season. just like when he said his airplane crash/shooting himself in the foot 15 yard penalty was to pimp the great rivalry with plaxico buress and the jets.

Pinkerton Security
04-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Spoken like a true adult. This type of behavior that looks funny is a pattern of immaturity, it's very frustrating to support him doing these things that have cost us games & our dignity via his poor choices of words.

Spoken like a true adult?? bahahha you're an idiot. An adult would realize no sane person would ever want this to happen. Were his comments unneccessary? Perhaps. But thats as far as his comments can be taken. And PLENTY of immature players have done very well in the NFL AND in clutch situations, so that argument is just plain stupid.

Stop trying to act like you're somehow better than anyone else because its pretty pathetic and every single person on here with any common sense can see it.

K-Gun
04-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Spoken like a true adult?? bahahha you're an idiot. An adult would realize no sane person would ever want this to happen. Were his comments unneccessary? Perhaps. But thats as far as his comments can be taken. And PLENTY of immature players have done very well in the NFL AND in clutch situations, so that argument is just plain stupid.

Stop trying to act like you're somehow better than anyone else because its pretty pathetic and every single person on here with any common sense can see it.

stevie's not clutch and he's immature.

justasportsfan
04-16-2013, 08:35 AM
someone should tweet Stevie to stop being an attention whore.

TedMock
04-16-2013, 08:39 AM
His last "tweet" was actually a re-tweet where he quoted CJ LaBoy and it was 18 hours ago as of this post. - "CJ LaBoy ‏@CJ_Octagon 18h Thoughts and prayers going out to everyone in Boston. Shocking & disgusting. Prayers to everyone affected and all those in the area.Retweeted by STVN"

Pinkerton Security
04-16-2013, 08:43 AM
stevie's not clutch and he's immature.

Never said he was either of those things, although I would argue that he isnt all that immature, people just take things WAYY too seriously...did you ever realize that MIGHT be why he had "Why So Serious?" written on his shirt?

To say maturity and being clutch go hand-in-hand is just a leap I can't agree with whatsoever.

pmoon6
04-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Memo to Stevie Johnson: Shut up and play ball.

Memo to his supporters: Stop making excuses for his behavior. Comments like he makes are not funny, they're dumb.

DraftBoy
04-16-2013, 09:02 AM

I highly doubt most terrorists either know or care who SJ is. If they needed examples of freedom of speech to ram down our throats there are thousands of examples daily all over the place.

Joe Fo Sho
04-16-2013, 09:28 AM

Memo to his supporters: Stop making excuses for his behavior. Comments like he makes are not funny, they're dumb.

What are you his father? I found his comment funny, but I have a sense of humor.

mayotm
04-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Silly me. I thought yesterday's bombings were much bigger than the Bills and Stevie Johnson. Super surprised they aren't covering the Bills angle of this story on all major networks.

Figster
04-16-2013, 09:38 AM
I highly doubt most terrorists either know or care who SJ is. If they needed examples of freedom of speech to ram down our throats there are thousands of examples daily all over the place.

Before his tweet , probably not, after his tweet I'm not so sure because it made national headlines

ServoBillieves
04-16-2013, 09:56 AM

Yep, while it's the offseason and he's working out he should really perform on the field. Dammit why hasn't he signed all these FA's already! What is wrong with him!!! Why is he at voluntary workouts and Jairus isn't!!! He told a joke, let's throw him under the bus and since his job is to play football that doesn't start preseason until Summer let's berate him for his opinion 2 weeks ago!

This is pretty pathetic. People are dead because of a bombing in Boston and you throw hate at an NFL player. Blame Stevie rather than the bomber. That's obscenely pathetic. Supporters?! Who supported the bombing?! Please God, let's hear who it was if you know so much. "Drr he's immature." Oh who ****ing cares? He's on this team whether you like it or not. There's going to be so many opinions on this and a Buffalo Bills message board is your savior?

Skooby is a very sad and poor waste of time. No one cares about his opinion as no one cares 5 minutes down the road what they read on this board. I put my OPINION on here because it's a miniscule aspect of what really matters. 3 people are dead with hundreds injured, so please... literally please tell me why a "twitter" from an NFL player about a nuclear bomb from Korea is detrimental to a team when 2 small bombs went off in Boston on a completely unrelated and very sad day. I may be emotional because of my family but the cries for attention are beyond pathetic.

pmoon6
04-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Yep, while it's the offseason and he's working out he should really perform on the field. Dammit why hasn't he signed all these FA's already! What is wrong with him!!! Why is he at voluntary workouts and Jairus isn't!!! He told a joke, let's throw him under the bus and since his job is to play football that doesn't start preseason until Summer let's berate him for his opinion 2 weeks ago!

This is pretty pathetic. People are dead because of a bombing in Boston and you throw hate at an NFL player. Blame Stevie rather than the bomber. That's obscenely pathetic. Supporters?! Who supported the bombing?! Please God, let's hear who it was if you know so much. "Drr he's immature." Oh who ****ing cares? He's on this team whether you like it or not. There's going to be so many opinions on this and a Buffalo Bills message board is your savior?

Skooby is a very sad and poor waste of time. No one cares about his opinion as no one cares 5 minutes down the road what they read on this board. I put my OPINION on here because it's a miniscule aspect of what really matters. 3 people are dead with hundreds injured, so please... literally please tell me why a "twitter" from an NFL player about a nuclear bomb from Korea is detrimental to a team when 2 small bombs went off in Boston on a completely unrelated and very sad day. I may be emotional because of my family but the cries for attention are beyond pathetic.Ummm. The supporters I was speaking of are people that defend him no matter what he does or what comes out of his mouth.

My comment had nothing to do with bombings, gun rights or the deficit.

Get a grip, my man.

ServoBillieves
04-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Ummm. The supporters I was speaking of are people that defend him no matter what he does or what comes out of his mouth.

Get a grip, my man.

An unnecessary scapegoat. I do apologize, but the people I directed that to know who they are.

Pinkerton Security
04-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Ummm. The supporters I was speaking of are people that defend him no matter what he does or what comes out of his mouth.

Get a grip, my man.

Get a grip yourself. You think Stevie is the first and last Buffalo Bill, or NFL player, to make unnecessary comments? If you let things like this bother you then you've got some issues.

Mouldsie
04-16-2013, 10:46 AM

Sack up, pussy.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-16-2013, 10:51 AM

Skooby is a very sad and poor waste of time. No one cares about his opinion as no one cares 5 minutes down the road what they read on this board. I put my OPINION on here because it's a miniscule aspect of what really matters. 3 people are dead with hundreds injured, so please... literally please tell me why a "twitter" from an NFL player about a nuclear bomb from Korea is detrimental to a team when 2 small bombs went off in Boston on a completely unrelated and very sad day. I may be emotional because of my family but the cries for attention are beyond pathetic.

That's the thing. This is a common reaction after one of these attacks. Nobody knows who actually perpetrated it right now, but people need an outlet for their anger and powerlessness. So they turn on anyone who isn't showing the proper grief - another board I was reading was filled up with members posting anything "inappropriate" they saw from facebook and twitter so the other members could go slam the hell out of them. It was the most useless and counterproductive thing I've ever seen.

Here, we're bringing up a tweet from two weeks ago to imply that Stevie "wished harm" on Boston. That's complete horse****. He made a joke about North Korean sabre-rattling and an completely unrelated attack happened there later. If he had said "Miami" in his tweet instead of Foxboro, nobody would be riding in on their high horse to criticize him.

CoolBreeze
04-16-2013, 11:30 AM
3 people died, people die everyday. We can either talk about football, or we can continue to pretend like anyone here cares. Stevie said what he said. It was funny then, and it's hysterical now... jk

BertSquirtgum
04-16-2013, 11:55 AM

Time to grow up Skoob. Why bump this? It has nothing to do with the tragedy that unfolded in Boston. Get the F out of here with this garbage.

pmoon6
04-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Get a grip yourself. You think Stevie is the first and last Buffalo Bill, or NFL player, to make unnecessary comments? If you let things like this bother you then you've got some issues.I surprised you have time to post considering licking Stevie's balls is your full time job.

"Issues" :rofl:

BertSquirtgum
04-16-2013, 12:05 PM
This thread should be closed.

Skooby
04-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Anyone that even remotely think Stevie's actions are funny, amazing or even justified in any way is a sad human being. It's not just that he tweets about things blowing up in that area, it's that things like this can happen in that area. You just don't put stupid stuff out there like this to get attention, attention which he obviously craves no matter what the cost. He will end up costing us games & wins because he has shown a knack for putting his childish antics above what is important, all for attention.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Anyone that even remotely think Stevie's actions are funny, amazing or even justified in any way is a sad human being. It's not just that he tweets about things blowing up in that area, it's that things like this can happen in that area.

Is no one allowed to ever joke about anything bad happening, just because something bad might eventually happen?

You just don't put stupid stuff out there like this to get attention, attention which he obviously craves no matter what the cost. He will end up costing us games & wins because he has shown a knack for putting his childish antics above what is important, all for attention.

I'm starting to wonder who's the one making the attention grab here.

Skooby
04-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Is no one allowed to ever joke about anything bad happening, just because something bad might eventually happen?

You do have a point there but even saying that a nuclear attack / bomb / missles should hit New England / Fox / their stadium or anywhere here isn't really anything to joke about. I can see it if it's amongst us fans & saying stuff like that but Stevie is a public figure that represents the Bills / our team. I don't think any winning teams with educated coaching would advise their players to say I hope another team's stadium needs to get hit with some type of explosives, I mean think about it. The event yesterday really highlights why you don't go there as a public figure, it's really in bad taste. Bad taste is 14 years a running on the Bills side of the ball now, we need to focus on changing that for ourselves and not if our opponents are there.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-16-2013, 12:33 PM
You do have a point there but even saying that a nuclear attack / bomb / missles should hit New England / Fox / their stadium or anywhere here isn't really anything to joke about. I can see it if it's amongnst us & saying stuff like that but he's a public figure that represents the Bills / our team.

You are criticizing him for crossing some line of decency that you can't even define? What sort of hypothetical tragedy is too much to joke about?

I don't think any winning teams with educated coaching would advise their players to say I hope another team's stadium needs to get hit with some type of explosives, I mean think about all of that before you continue.

No, why don't you think about it for a second. Do you honestly believe Johnson was calling for Boston to be bombed? Did you think that was a serious suggestion?

Or perhaps, was he expressing frustration on a team that's beaten his repeatedly, and exaggerating it for comic effect? (http://www.toddstrong.com/comedywriting/exaggeration.php)

The event yesterday really highlights why you don't go there as a public figure, it's really in bad taste.

It's in bad taste to joke about a tragedy after it happens. You are retroactively criticizing him because some other psychopath committed an atrocity in a marginally similar way in a geographically close city. I say again, if Stevie had made the joke about Miami, nobody would be jumping down his throat this morning.

Bad taste is 14 years a running on the Bills side of the ball now, we need to focus on changing that for ourselves and not if our opponents are there.

What the hell does this have to do with our playoff streak?

G Wolly
04-16-2013, 02:25 PM
It's just having a little bit of class, you don't do stupid things like this.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Like anyone who ever made a joke about blowing up a building before 9/11 should be ashamed of themselves.

How dare they not know what would happen in the future.

Besides, you're taking this way out of context just to justify yourself and make you look righteous and better than us lowlives.

The King
04-16-2013, 02:31 PM
I wasn't offended by what Stevie said then or now. But he joked about a nuclear attack, it's just isn't funny. Those of you who say you can't take a joke, have a pretty shallow sense of humor.

No one is Boston is talking about Steve Johnson, because no one cares about Steve Johnson.

His focus should be on football, not being a personality, because he has the personality of a 14 year old boy.

G Wolly
04-16-2013, 02:40 PM
I wasn't offended by what Stevie said then or now. But he joked about a nuclear attack, it's just isn't funny. Those of you who say you can't take a joke, have a pretty shallow sense of humor.

Well personally, I have a dark sense of humor so jokes don't ever really bother me and nothing is off limits, depending on the audience. If I'm with my friends, we have the darkest humor around each other. But I also don't like to offend people especially those I don't know.

However, I can agree with your point. Especially coming from a public figure.

My issue with this thread is how Mitch is calling him out for something he said weeks ago, just because this happened to take place nearby where the joke was aimed. Not sure if he's being a troll, or just an ass.

The King
04-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Well personally, I have a dark sense of humor so jokes don't ever really bother me and nothing is off limits, depending on the audience. If I'm with my friends, we have the darkest humor around each other. But I also don't like to offend people especially those I don't know.

However, I can agree with your point. Especially coming from a public figure.

My issue with this thread is how Mitch is calling him out for something he said weeks ago, just because this happened to take place nearby where the joke was aimed. Not sure if he's being a troll, or just an ass.

Even if you have a dark sense of humor... which I do. Did Stevie's comment make you laugh or did you just say that's Stevie being Stevie.

I personally just thought it was a stupid thing to say, it's like retaliating to a burn, by saying Your motha. It's just like... really?

G Wolly
04-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Did Stevie's comment make you laugh or did you just say that's Stevie being Stevie.

Not so much "laugh" as much as it was a reaction of "Yeah, **** the Patriots."

But I took it for what it was. An under 160 character statement made on social media. So either way I didn't praise it or detest it. It was a post by an immature mind.

The King
04-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Not so much "laugh" as much as it was a reaction of "Yeah, **** the Patriots."

But I took it for what it was. An under 160 character statement made on social media. So either way I didn't praise it or detest it. It was a post by an immature mind.

Right which is my only point. One of my first comments on the blast on here were about how Stevie was a suspect ( a joke and so early on it could be deemed dark). I'm not sensitive, but Stevie said what he said just to say something bad about the Patriots which is just stupid, they literally make the Bills look like school children. Why not let your play do the talking and say something after you beat them, I just hate giving a rival ammunition, especially when you're in no position to do so.

G Wolly
04-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Right which is my only point. One of my first comments on the blast on here were about how Stevie was a suspect ( a joke and so early on it could be deemed dark). I'm not sensitive, but Stevie said what he said just to say something bad about the Patriots which is just stupid, they literally make the Bills look like school children. Why not let your play do the talking and say something after you beat them, I just hate giving a rival ammunition, especially when you're in no position to do so.

And we have reached a civil agreement. Well done.

BTW, I came here and included in my post earlier about Stevie executing the plan. Dark minds think alike, eh?

feldspar
04-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Anyone that even remotely think Stevie's actions are funny, amazing or even justified in any way is a sad human being. It's not just that he tweets about things blowing up in that area, it's that things like this can happen in that area. You just don't put stupid stuff out there like this to get attention, attention which he obviously craves no matter what the cost. He will end up costing us games & wins because he has shown a knack for putting his childish antics above what is important, all for attention.

Stevie Johnson didn't have a single unsportsmanlike penalty last year, I believe.

As far as his joke goes, you do get the butt of it, don't you? He hates the Patriots...that's basically it. There was no literal sense of his wishing harm on anybody. Personally, I have zero problem with what he said, because I put it in context. I don't really think it was funny, but I don't project things onto him because of it. I don't find that "sad" either.

What I DO find sad is the political correctness that is WAY too pervasive in our culture. All the most uptight people are trying to set the standard of what it's OK to say and do. THAT'S sad.

Twitter is gay, though. You probably think that I just slammed the homosexuals there, but I didn't.

The King
04-16-2013, 03:15 PM
What I find is most professional athletes have everything they could ever want, so they get this impression that they're handsome, funny and talented. When the fact of the matter is they can play a game really well.

TacklingDummy
04-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Pre-Bombing: Johnsons comments were moronic.

Post-Bombing: Johnsons pre-bombing comments still moronic.

What do you expect from a moron?

Nothing changed, move along.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-16-2013, 03:32 PM

No one is Boston is talking about Steve Johnson, because no one cares about Steve Johnson.

His focus should be on football, not being a personality, because he has the personality of a 14 year old boy.

You are not required to find anything funny, and if you weren't offended then posts saying "Get a sense of humor" clearly aren't directed at you. It's this feigned moral outrage by some (not you, clearly) over something that Johnson said a completely different context two weeks ago that annoys me.

Figster
04-17-2013, 03:19 AM
3 people died, people die everyday. We can either talk about football, or we can continue to pretend like anyone here cares. Stevie said what he said. It was funny then, and it's hysterical now... jk

Speak for yourself