Cross Arizona of the list of teams that may take a QB before us at 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Cross Arizona of the list of teams that may take a QB before us at 8?

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians says acquiring quarterback Carson Palmer doesn't make the Cardinals any less likely to use their first-round draft pick on a quarterback.

“We were going to take the best player available at that position, at No. 7, whether it be a tackle, pass rusher, corner, or quarterback,” Arians said. “Right now I don’t see a quarterback in this class coming up that would have been in that spot for us. Now, it might be for somebody else, but not for us. Especially with the elite offensive linemen that are out there this year, and defensive linemen.”

• better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Cross Arizona of the list of teams that may take a QB before us at 8?

With Palmer behind Center, the Cards have no choice but to upgrade the OL.

Comment

• CleveSteve
      • Apr 2011

Yup. Totally agree. Not saying anything about Geno, but no QB can succeed behind that mess they've got in Arizona.

Comment

• PTI
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

NFC West will be must watch football for the 4 PM games.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

It's April. Coaches and GM's tell more stories than Mother Goose right now.

Take it at face value.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bangarang
            • Sep 2010

What Ariens is saying makes sense but I don't trust a coach who is showing his hand to the rest of the table like that.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bangarang View Post
              What Ariens is saying makes sense but I don't trust a coach who is showing his hand to the rest of the table like that.
              By crossing one position off? I see what you mean but it's not the same as saying they are only looking at QB.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                By crossing one position off? I see what you mean but it's not the same as saying they are only looking at QB.
                Well, I am calling it NOW. The Cards draft OL with their first pick. It would not be a bad idea if they draft Ol with their first 3 picks.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                  • Aug 2012

I think the Cards will probably pass on a QB, but I don't think it has anything to do with what Arians said.

Buddy is the only one stupid enough to let everyone know what he's doing on draft day.

Comment

• Bangarang
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by X-Era View Post

Well, the Cards are sitting at a table with the Browns, Bills and Jets. All those teams could potentially select a QB in the 1st. I just find it a bit curious.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bangarang View Post
                      Well, the Cards are sitting at a table with the Browns, Bills and Jets. All those teams could potentially select a QB in the 1st. I just find it a bit curious.
                      NOBODY is going to trade up for a QB in this draft.

Comment

• mjt328
                        • May 2011

I've been lurking on sites for several other teams. Sometimes it helps catch some inside info on those teams that isn't being reported by the general media.

The majority of Jaguars fans are starting to believe that their interest in Geno Smith is NOT a smokescreen, and they will take him at the #2 spot.

In fact, many are speculating that Jacksonville's plans are what sparked all the sudden veteran QB signings (Oakland-Flynn, Arizona-Palmer, Buffalo-Kolb). Basically, those teams are no longer counting on Smith dropping to them.
                        2013 "My Should Have" Draft
                        Posted During the 2013 Draft
                        1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
                        2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                        2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
                        3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
                        4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
                        5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
                        6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
                        7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
                        1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
                        2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                        2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
                        3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
                        4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
                        5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
                        6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
                        7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mjt328 View Post
                          I've been lurking on sites for several other teams. Sometimes it helps catch some inside info on those teams that isn't being reported by the general media.

The majority of Jaguars fans are starting to believe that their interest in Geno Smith is NOT a smokescreen, and they will take him at the #2 spot.

In fact, many are speculating that Jacksonville's plans are what sparked all the sudden veteran QB signings (Oakland-Flynn, Arizona-Palmer, Buffalo-Kolb). Basically, those teams are no longer counting on Smith dropping to them.
                          That may be right. But I agree with those that are underwhelmed by Geno. He could never beat the Orange, I doubt Marrone wanted him anyway. I hope the Jags draft him, that leaves one more good player on the board.

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mjt328 View Post

Thank God!

Now pray Warmack isn't taken by Arizona.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. I realize that there is a lot of misdirection going on right now, but usually that involves feigning interest in a position or player where there is none, not denying interest in a position where the team has plans to draft a player.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X