• PTI
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Ott gets an 'A', yeah, we got 3 'A's!!!

Vanek, Stafford and Ott.

No 'C' for the rest of the year.
  • Mski
    • Mar 2006

Re: Ott gets an 'A', yeah, we got 3 'A's!!!

i think its fair not to name a "c" this year... and is more evidence that Rolston wont be the coach next year
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mski View Post
      i think its fair not to name a "c" this year... and is more evidence that Rolston wont be the coach next year
      If Reiger is GM, he most defintely will be here. Rolston owes him his job and will never challnge his power.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mski
        • Mar 2006

i really think Reiger wants to bring in Roy next year as the new HC, thats why Rolston was only given the interim title... as far as not challenging his power, i think Rolston is the type of guy that will do what is right above all else - see the benching of leino after that stupid penalty, then sitting of stafford.. both of wich were actually detriments to the team but done to prove a point
        RIP Tommy D!
        12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

make stafford the C. that will ensure he's gone by the draft.

Comment

• PTI
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Ott, being Ott, proving he is not a guy who should wear an 'A' or a 'C' for a team:

As fans, our ticket to the game offers us the chance to voice our feelings about the team we follow. We can cheer them. We can boo them. We can sit in indifferent silence until the scoreboard wakes us up. … Continue reading →

Basically calling the fans out and calling the fans ridiculous. He is a clown. He is playing some OK hockey, but this is not something that should be said.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PTI View Post
              Ott, being Ott, proving he is not a guy who should wear an 'A' or a 'C' for a team:

As fans, our ticket to the game offers us the chance to voice our feelings about the team we follow. We can cheer them. We can boo them. We can sit in indifferent silence until the scoreboard wakes us up. … Continue reading →

Basically calling the fans out and calling the fans ridiculous. He is a clown. He is playing some OK hockey, but this is not something that should be said.
              Well I certainly don't agree with what Ott said but I find it rather annoying that you defend a pussy like Derek Roy because the guy has a handful of highlight reel goals from the few times he actually decided to try while you criticize the few guys on this team who actually play with heart and give 100% every shift.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PTI
                Banned
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                Well I certainly don't agree with what Ott said but I find it rather annoying that you defend a pussy like Derek Roy because the guy has a handful of highlight reel goals from the few times he actually decided to try while you criticize the few guys on this team who actually play with heart and give 100% every shift.
                I just thought Roy played well while he was here, others did not think he played well.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PTI View Post
                  I just thought Roy played well while he was here, others did not think he played well.
                  Roy is a second liner at best. If we somehow could have kept Briere and Drury or found players who were equally talented and left Roy on the 2nd line, he would have been fine. But he's not a first liner or a guy you can build a team around. Same with Pominville. As long as the Sabres were trying to build around those two guys, they were doomed to fail.
                  Last edited by OpIv37; 04-09-2013, 12:09 PM.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• GOBILLSGO!!!
                    • Sep 2002

Hey Steve, don't hate on us for simply knowing the difference between good and bad hockey...Sabres = bad hockey

Comment

• SkateZilla
                      • Dec 2002

We're a AAA team now... bahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
                      Skate Zilla
                      -----------------------
                      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

" If you want to see a bad product on the ice, continue to boo." This a quote from the WGR article. So the players are blaming the fans for them being bad? That is hilarious. Note to Steve...you suck whether the fans boo or not.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

something to be said for the "negativity breeds negativity". Our teams suck and we only harp on them more. this comment would have more merit if it was the start of a new season and a new beginnings. i think if we as fans really control their ability to suck, then we should boo so we can get those top picks instead of getting into the playoffs to be beaten in round 1.

then lets start fresh the following year.

i watched that devils game, and it was very pathetic on how the sabres couldnt get it out on a 5-5 and were playing essentially a penalty kill box. it went on forever....the players should be embarassed that they could not get it together sooner than that.

Comment

• mightysimi
                            Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                            • Mar 2010

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think that fans don't have an impact on the game. Booing the team doesn't help in any way. Of course it is their right as paying customers but really do you want the team to win or not?

Comment

• G Wolly
                              • Mar 2004

I agree with him.

Half of our home crowds are fair-weather at best and just want to see a great game after dropping hundreds on tickets and either sit there quietly, playing on their smart phones, chatting at the bar only speaking up when we mess up on the ice.

On the other hand, a crowd can energize a team. I understand his frustration over our frustration. Basically if they aren't producing, then reminding them constantly of that fact doesn't help at all. I'm not saying everyone needs to be uber-supportive and find a silver lining in every pile of ****, just that encouragement can do a lot for athletes.

Comment

Working...
                              X