• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

2011 NFL Draft Do-Over: Buffalo Bills scoop up Colin Kaepernick

Man, if only!

The Dallas Cowboys had the No. 9 pick in the 2011 draft, deciding to go with Tyron Smith. Bucky Brooks says things should have gone differently for the Cowboys in his 2011 NFL Draft Do-Over.
    www.blzbus.com
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: 2011 NFL Draft Do-Over: Buffalo Bills scoop up Colin Kaepernick

Thanks Buddy Nix.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Yes we should have drafted him but I wonder whether we would have messed up his development nonetheless.

Comment

• gloveus
        • Sep 2010

Personally, I think it's still too early to crown Kaepernick as a franchise QB. He came in part way through the season and ran an offense that took the NFL by storm. It's happened before, just think of the Wildcat. Now that coordinators have a lot more tape, and an entire off season to dissect the option, Kaepernick is going to come back down to earth and just be above average, not great. He can't carry a team with just his arm and dissecting defenses, a la Brees or Manning. He needs a strong running game and the threat of taking off himself to give him more time in the pocket. With Levitre gone now, I think his lack of traditional QB abilities would be exposed here in Buffalo, but he is a perfect for for San Fran.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Wow, take out the QBs and the top ten of that draft had some excellent talent in it.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Nah, if this was a true do over, Kaepernick would go first overall.

We'd be left with Cam Newton.

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by gloveus View Post
              Personally, I think it's still too early to crown Kaepernick as a franchise QB. He came in part way through the season and ran an offense that took the NFL by storm. It's happened before, just think of the Wildcat. Now that coordinators have a lot more tape, and an entire off season to dissect the option, Kaepernick is going to come back down to earth and just be above average, not great. He can't carry a team with just his arm and dissecting defenses, a la Brees or Manning. He needs a strong running game and the threat of taking off himself to give him more time in the pocket. With Levitre gone now, I think his lack of traditional QB abilities would be exposed here in Buffalo, but he is a perfect for for San Fran.
              Guarantee you that Russell Wilson and Kaepernick will fall to earth now that all the d-coordinators have had an offseason to prepare.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                Nah, if this was a true do over, Kaepernick would go first overall.

We'd be left with Cam Newton.
                AND we would take him in a heartbeat.

Great rookie year.

Tough second year.

Time to now grow up for Cam.

I bet he will be a top 15 QB in passing plus rushing yardage this year.

If he was a Bill, most of you would be lining up to suck his coq.

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by gloveus View Post
                  I think his lack of traditional QB abilities would be exposed here in Buffalo, but he is a perfect for for San Fran.
                  Yea, like his small stature, weak arm, and lack of pocket presence.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Only if Jim Harbaugh could come with him. Have to laugh at people who think he would develop the same way as he did on the 49ers.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Thief
                      • Sep 2009

you r wack if u think cap doesnt have a full fledged nfl arm. dude is money

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Kaepernick would be awesome, but honestly that was one of the most stacked drafts I've ever seen. Miller, Watt, Smith, Green, and Sherman are already top 5 at their positions, and Jones and Wilkerson are already dominant.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                          Kaepernick would be awesome, but honestly that was one of the most stacked drafts I've ever seen. Miller, Watt, Smith, Green, and Sherman are already top 5 at their positions, and Jones and Wilkerson are already dominant.
                          I said that already.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                            This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                            • Feb 2009

I would much rather have JJ Watt in the first than Kaepernick.
                            True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              I said that already.
                              Would you like a cookie for it? Besides I wasn't just talking about the top 10. Sherman was a 5th rounder and plays as well as Revis, for one.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X