Do You Really Care if a Player is D-I-C-K if He Produces on the Field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Do You Really Care if a Player is D-I-C-K if He Produces on the Field?

I don't.

Let's be honest -- Stevie is a D-I-C-K. He is "me first". I have no problem with that.

The problem I have is when he takes stupid costly after the whistle penalties and drops sure passes.

He shows some discipline and catches those passes and he can say and do whatever he wants.

For those who need their "The City of Buffalo is still relevant stroking", please remember that any Bill would be wise to say how much they love our craphole when they are being paid millions. By the way, those who left Buffalo should really think about whether you are in denial or a liar.

So when I read criticism of a player because he says stupid crap off the field, I just do not care unless he is not producing on the field.

If he is producing, say whatever you wish. You earned it.

If you are not, shut the hell up.

I do not need to feel good about the players on the team I root for. I need them to produce.
  • jdaltroy5
    • Aug 2012

Re: Do You Really Care if a Player is D-I-C-K if He Produces on the Field?

Stevie actually doesn't seem like a dick at all.

Immature, sure, but he seems like a nice guy. Always doing things for charity and giving fans autographed things on his fb page.

In regards to your question, I don't give two ****s what the guy does off the field as long as he doesn't get suspended or become a distraction.

Comment

• Gibby
      • Jun 2006

I don't watch footballers because I want to see good role models (that's an increasingly rare added bonus), no I watch footballers because I want them to win a ****ing championship. Play angry, kick some ass, and get to the post season. You do that, and provided you don't break any laws, you can be the biggest DICK out there.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

Every NFL player does charity work and signs autographs.

Even Cam Newton.

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

I second that Stevie seems like a pretty nice guy. He has an chill demeanor about him that makes him seem like a regular guy. I think the few incidents on the field were things he did because 1. It would help him make a name for himself and 2. the fans would like it. Let's face it, most of us thought the "Why so serious?" shirt was funny, and there was no flag. That's just asking for him to try to top it, and when he tried it backfired. Back to the original question though - no, I don't think he's a d---, and yes, I think it matters to some extent. You want to win of course, but it feels a lot better when the players on the team are also personalities/characters deserving of those cheers.

Comment

• Buffalo Billy Bison
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
            I don't.

Let's be honest -- Stevie is a D-I-C-K. He is "me first". I have no problem with that.

The problem I have is when he takes stupid costly after the whistle penalties and drops sure passes.

He shows some discipline and catches those passes and he can say and do whatever he wants.

For those who need their "The City of Buffalo is still relevant stroking", please remember that any Bill would be wise to say how much they love our craphole when they are being paid millions. By the way, those who left Buffalo should really think about whether you are in denial or a liar.

So when I read criticism of a player because he says stupid crap off the field, I just do not care unless he is not producing on the field.

I do not need to feel good about the players on the team I root for. I need them to produce.

I worry that he could be a locker room cancer and that's not going to work! I think Stevie is a harmless dick and is still good for the locker room!
            Last edited by Buffalo Billy Bison; 04-05-2013, 08:22 PM.
            11-5 in 2020 and deep into the Playoffs!

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Suetonius View Post
              I don't watch footballers because I want to see good role models (that's an increasingly rare added bonus), no I watch footballers because I want them to win a ****ing championship. Play angry, kick some ass, and get to the post season. You do that, and provided you don't break any laws, you can be the biggest DICK out there.
              I agree, as long as being a dick doesn't hurt the team. That's why I have a problem with Stevie. I don't really think he's a dick per se, in fact, I think he'd be fun to hang out with. But I hate it when his antics affect the team and I hate it when he doesn't come through in the clutch.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

It depends on what we're defining as dick here. I don't see Stevie as a dick at all with his humorous stunts but now someone like Brian Cox, for instance, that guy was a true dick.

Comment

• Lefty2985
                  • Mar 2004

Don't really care. Although Stevie isn't a dick. Immature sure but when he came up to say hi to me cause I was wearing his jersey shows he isn't a dick. Some players won't even say hi to you if you say it to them.

Comment

• Bert102176
                    • Aug 2002

Jim Kelly was a huge dick during his playing days, as long as they make the team on the field better that's all that matters to me.
                    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                      I don't.

Aren't you Canadian? If so, do not refer to Buffalo as "our craphole." Especially not in the same breath where you are telling true Buffalonians that somebody else is a dick. 'Cuz, you know, you shouldn't do that unless you yourself are a dick, in which case you should probably entirely STFU.

On the other hand, I don't think Stevie is a dick. He's outgoing, reasonably outspoken, and entertaining, but I don't see him as a dick. I don't think he got a single unsportsmanlike conduct penalty last year for excessive celebration or anything like that either, did he?

I like Stevie...and, by the way, I don't like dicks.
                      Last edited by feldspar; 04-05-2013, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                        • Aug 2012

Yes.

And Stevie is far from a Dick. Haters gonna hate.

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                          Victimizing The Victimizer
                          • Aug 2012

Bring in Rolando McClain!!!

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

IMO, a DICK is an obnoxious person that other people can't stand. SpikedLemonaid would be as example of that, but not Stevie, he is loved.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                              • Mar 2005

I think our society has just grown more whiney and sensitive.

Comment

Working...
                              X