PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel if the Bills take QB Geno Smith with our 8th pick

Buffalo Billy Bison
04-05-2013, 08:14 PM
How would you feel about the Bills drafting QB Geno Smith after signing Kevin Kolb instead of a playmaker with the 8th pick and using the 41st pick on the QB. Personally I would either pick one at 41 or trade back into the first round and take either Barkley, Wilson, Manuel, Gannon, or Nassib. We could sure use a playmaker like a WR, LB, G, CB first. How do you feel about it?

BertSquirtgum
04-05-2013, 08:16 PM
I will be kind of upset because there will be a better player available at the spot.

Buffalo Billy Bison
04-05-2013, 08:18 PM
I will be kind of upset because there will be a better player available at the spot.

Thanks but you didn't vote! Please do!

IlluminatusUIUC
04-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I like Geno, I think he's the best QB in this class, and I think he has franchise potential.

There, I said it.

BertSquirtgum
04-05-2013, 08:53 PM
I like Geno, I think he's the best QB in this class, and I think he has franchise potential.

There, I said it.

Puff Puff, Pass. Don't smoke the whole thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks but you didn't vote! Please do!

There wasn't a poll when I posted.

Jeff1220
04-05-2013, 09:01 PM
My choice isn't on the poll. As with just about any pick, I'll be in wait and see mode. My preference would be to get BPA in R1. If that's GS, then great. If not, get BPA and get a QB in R2.

DynaPaul
04-05-2013, 09:10 PM
I'll be freaking pissed if we take him at 8. That's way too high and truthfully I'm not really sold on the guy. I'd like for us to get an LB or TE, those are likely to be surefire picks over Geno.

better days
04-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Well, I would like a QB in the first. Not necessarily at #8. And NOT Smith. I have no faith in a guy that could never beat the orange & I doubt the Bills draft him.

BillsFever21
04-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Of course the perfect scenario would be us trading down to the middle of the first round and then taking a QB but you also need a trading partner for that to happen. If there isn't any QB's drafted by the time the #8 pick rolls around I won't be mad if the Bills draft Smith or one of the other guys. If by some miracle there is already a QB or two drafted then I will be pissed if they take the next one in line.

If there isn't any QB's drafted by the time our pick comes that really speaks volumes of this QB draft class when there is usually one drafted #1 and a couple in the Top 5 in most draft years. With that said if we had first dibs I won't be upset. I'd even be more upset if they passed and one of them turned out to be a good QB. If they have first dibs then you have to take shot. It just sucks the draft class is so weak this year. Guys like Dalton and Kapernick probably would've been the first two QB's off the board if they were in this draft.

If we were sitting in the Top 3-5 then I would definitely pass on a QB and grab one in round two. With where we are drafting in the 2nd round that leaves multiple teams that could easily need a QB that might take one. Most likely a couple of them will and by then it would really be slim pickings. I'd rather not have to swap picks to move up into the 1st round to get one and end up giving away our 3rd round draft pick and maybe another one next year to do it. If that was the case then just wait until next year.

better days
04-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Of course the perfect scenario would be us trading down to the middle of the first round and then taking a QB but you also need a trading partner for that to happen. If there isn't any QB's drafted by the time the #8 pick rolls around I won't be mad if the Bills draft Smith or one of the other guys. If by some miracle there is already a QB or two drafted then I will be pissed if they take the next one in line.

If there isn't any QB's drafted by the time our pick comes that really speaks volumes of this QB draft class when there is usually one drafted #1 and a couple in the Top 5 in most draft years. With that said if we had first dibs I won't be upset. I'd even be more upset if they passed and one of them turned out to be a good QB. If they have first dibs then you have to take shot. It just sucks the draft class is so weak this year. Guys like Dalton and Kapernick probably would've been the first two QB's off the board if they were in this draft.

If we were sitting in the Top 3-5 then I would definitely pass on a QB and grab one in round two. With where we are drafting in the 2nd round that leaves multiple teams that could easily need a QB that might take one. Most likely a couple of them will and by then it would really be slim pickings. I'd rather not have to swap picks to move up into the 1st round to get one and end up giving away our 3rd round draft pick and maybe another one next year to do it. If that was the case then just wait until next year.

Well, I have been hearing of late that a number of teams may look to trade up in the draft. The funny thing is they don't name the Bills, but the #8 pick as the target pick of teams wanting to trade up.

BillsFever21
04-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Well, I have been hearing of late that a number of teams may look to trade up in the draft. The funny thing is they don't name the Bills, but the #8 pick as the target pick of teams wanting to trade up.

That would be great if somebody wanted to move up to grab one of the top OL or DL in the draft and we were able to make a trade. If we could move down 5-10 spots and then get a QB along with an extra 2nd or 3rd round draft pick that would be great. Will have to wait until the draft to find out.

better days
04-05-2013, 10:24 PM
That would be great if somebody wanted to move up to grab one of the top OL or DL in the draft and we were able to make a trade. If we could move down 5-10 spots and then get a QB along with an extra 2nd or 3rd round draft pick that would be great. Will have to wait until the draft to find out.

My thinking exactly. Especially if NO QB is drafted before #8. The Jets at #9 are the only team that may take one at the top of the first rnd. They are a wildcard with a new GM. I don't think Ryan would draft a QB in the 1st, but he may have no say in the matter.

YardRat
04-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Don't want a QB at 8, period.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-05-2013, 10:39 PM
It would be a gamble I could live with, and I think that within three years he could be the starter and perhaps the long term answer at that position. Quite naturally, however the Bills are more than capable of ****ing up a sure bet but hey for a couple months I could be very satisfied.

Skooby
04-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Sure.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-05-2013, 10:55 PM
I'll be freaking pissed if we take him at 8. That's way too high and truthfully I'm not really sold on the guy. I'd like for us to get an LB or TE, those are likely to be surefire picks over Geno.

The "surefire" unbustable linebackers from 2009 and 2010, Aaron Curry and Rolando McClain, are both free agents as we speak.

There.
Are.
No.
Guarantees.

Bangarang
04-06-2013, 12:20 AM

I'd rather fail at trying to find our next great QB than draft a stud TE who has scrubs throwing to him.

Mouldsie
04-06-2013, 12:32 AM
C

JoeMama
04-06-2013, 01:24 AM
I'd give Geno Smith a fair shake if we drafted him at #8.

However... just to echo some of the sentiment already expressed in this thread, I too understand the "value" problem.

It's not like this year's QB prospects are divided by an expansive chasm of talent. One of the top five quarterbacks will almost certainly fall to us in the 2nd. If not multiple.

TacklingDummy
04-06-2013, 03:51 AM
Geno will set this franchise back another 3 years.

swiper
04-06-2013, 05:29 AM
It seems Geno Smith's pre-draft hype has taken a bit of hit here over the past week or so.

All we know is the Bills brass took a very close look at all these guys. Whoever they end up getting their rep as player evaluators is on the line here.

Extremebillsfan247
04-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Honestly, I don't think there is a QB in this draft worthy of a first round selection period. However, I think Barkley has experience on him, Wilson, and Manuel are safer picks, and even Nassib would be a smarter move in the second I think. The Bills should do 1 of 3 things with their first pick, either trade out, then draft a QB, or stay put, and either find Levitre's replacement, or draft the best player on the board, preferably a WR. But, that's my opinion. I'm willing to bet Geno Smith turns into a bust. I'm no scout, but I'm pretty confident that I've seen enough of him to see that 1 coming from a mile away.

sudzy
04-06-2013, 06:00 AM
I'd understand it. We desperately need a QB. I just don't believe there is much difference between him and the next five guys. I'd like to get a game changer at 8 and QB in the 2nd.

tampabay25690
04-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Would be happy with the pick!!

JoeMama
04-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Geno will set this franchise back another 3 years.

Naw.

Just to safely hedge their bets, the Bills should draft a QB in rounds 1, 2, and 3.

Any combination of Smith/Barkley/Wilson/Nassib/Bray/Glennon/Scott imaginable.

Using a sledgehammer to crack a nut...

Seriously though I wouldn't mind if we snagged two QBs. The Skins did it with RGIII and Kirk Cousins. With good results.

Figster
04-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Voted OK , but not thrilled because I really have high hopes of drafting Ryan Nassib

CoolBreeze
04-07-2013, 08:38 AM
I don't care what Mayock, Kiper, and those other analysts say. If your team is looking for a franchise QB, and you can take the #1 QB in any draft at #8 you do it! Thinking otherwise is what has led us to a ridiculous playoff drought. Remember Wilson, and Kaepernick weren't top 20 talents either. Take the risk of a bust, and roll the dice! 4205Yrds 42TDs 6Ints

DraftBoy
04-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Perfect pick for the system, best QB in the class by a wide margin and has Top 10 value. Sign me up all day long.

Raptor
04-07-2013, 11:22 AM
mad, because we'll be right back in the same position after pissing away three years on him

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2013, 11:34 AM
I hate all of you guys.

I would be one word.... EXCITED

SpikedLemonade
04-07-2013, 12:06 PM
It appears that the vast majority of recent mocks have us drafting Smith.

fluteflakes
04-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Perfect pick for the system, best QB in the class by a wide margin and has Top 10 value. Sign me up all day long.

Pretty much this.

jwenger
04-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Dudes,the entire question is MOOT. Geno will be gone before the #8 pick.

BertSquirtgum
04-07-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't know. I watched the Gruden camp with Geno. I wouldn't say he impressed me per se but I wouldn't be upset like I said in a previous post if the Bills thought Geno was their future franchise quarterback.

BertSquirtgum
04-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Dudes,the entire question is MOOT. Geno will be gone before the #8 pick.

No.

Historian
04-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Don't want a QB at 8, period.

I disagree Rat.

I think you start the new era off by drafting the guy you want to lead your franchise in the near future.

And I think you take him at 8 just to show him that he's your guy.

JMO.