PDA

View Full Version : With the pre-visits at QB...

X-Era
04-09-2013, 05:07 PM
And bringing in players like Matt Scott and Jeff Tuel who are looked at as mid-rounders I think theres an outside chance that the Bills may be thinking about drafting 2 QB's in the draft.

It seems crazy at this point considering we added Kolb and resigned T-Jax. But I could see us keeping the QB we draft early, then cutting either T-Jax or Kolb prior to the season and keeping the 2nd drafted QB as the 3rd guy.

I could even see cutting Corp before training camp if we do draft a 2nd QB.

At first glance I chalked it up to due diligence but we only can have 30 total pre-draft visits. Now it could be that they want to be ready for a scenario where they don't get a QB in the 1st or 2nd. But I think that's highly unlikely and I would think they would too.

Another angle is whether we would want to keep T-Jax, Kolb, and the early round drafted QB... That seems like a good deal of money to tie up in the position. And if we don't do that, were talking about keeping either Corp or the 2nd drafted guy.

The main reasons I see it not happening are that you don't usually go to TC with 5 QB's. And the Bills have only 6 picks as of now and would be spending 2 on QB's.

This may be more likely if we trade down in the 1st and get extra picks.

Bangarang
04-09-2013, 05:18 PM
I think Nix is too old school and timid to draft 2 QBs with only 6 picks to work with.

He and Marrone probably have a guy in mind that they want and everyone else is plan B.

HAMMER
04-09-2013, 05:31 PM
I don't see any way in hell that we draft two QB's, zero chance.

Buddo
04-10-2013, 07:00 AM
Plan A will be to draft the QB they actually want, either @ #8, or after a trade back a bit to grab another 2nd.
Plan B, will be to grab a guy they believe will have a very good chance, with the right development, probably in the 3rd or 4th round, but possibly the 2nd.
There seem to be a few later round guys, that have the arm talent, but will need time.
It seems to me, that this draft has a lot of guys with decent potential, but very little polish, and I think they are being very diligent about trying to find their guy for 'plan B'.

The King
04-10-2013, 07:10 AM
I agree with the post above. They're just doing homework. If they believe it's going to take a year to groom the QB's in this draft class than do you need to pull the trigger on a Geno or Barkley or can you wait and get the same results down in the later rounds... Not that the fanbase will tolerate that but they're just figuring out where the drop=off is.

YardRat
04-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Still think the 'reach' is going to happen in the second, not the first.

The King
04-10-2013, 07:15 AM
I hope you're right Yardie...

Pinkerton Security
04-10-2013, 07:48 AM
I just dont see us using more than 1 of our 6 picks on a QB, especially with Kolb and Tarvaris.

justasportsfan
04-10-2013, 08:05 AM
why would we draft 2 qb's after you just signed Kolb to two years? a 2nd qb drafted in the lower rounds isn't going to be any better than TJ or Kolb. We only have 6 picks too.

mjt328
04-10-2013, 09:06 AM
They are definitely looking at adding another prospect at the end. Probably someone to develop on the practice squad.

Maybe Rounds 6-7. Most likely an UDFA.

Corp probably gets cut. We will go into the season with Kolb, TJax and a 1st/2nd Round QB a top the draft chart.