PDA

View Full Version : "Draft Day" movie to feature Costner as a GM for Cleveland Browns, not Buffalo Bills

BLeonard
04-09-2013, 07:30 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130408/2013-nfl-draft-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2PwMdVUWu

On the night of the first round of the draft, April 25, at Radio City Music Hall in New York, a major motion picture starring Kevin Costner will begin filming. It's called Draft Day. It's about the Cleveland Browns dealing for the first pick in the draft, and the frenzied hours around the trade and the pick, and the drama includes Costner playing the general manager of the Browns (he's cuter than Mike Lombardi).

One last note about Draft Day: Seems Costner's original team was going to be the Buffalo Bills. But late in negotiations for on-location filming, Ohio offered the filmmakers a better deal. (Much to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's chagrin, I hear. He got involved and tried to keep the picture as a total New York-based film.) So that's how he became Browns GM Kevin Costner, instead of Bills GM Kevin Costner.

-Bill

mrbojanglezs
04-09-2013, 08:43 PM
old news

Mr. Miyagi
04-09-2013, 09:10 PM
I'd so glad.

Mouldsie
04-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Good job NY

Pinkerton Security
04-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Honestly, not sure if I'm happy or sad about this...it was going to be portraying the Bills once again as loveable losers, which we are, but why perpetuate that mentality? On the other hand it could have somehow broadened our fan base, even if by a small margin.

OpIv37
04-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Denis Leary is going to be in it:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/denis-leary-signing-on-as-cleveland-browns-coach-in-gridiron-pic-draft-day/

I wish they had used Buffalo. You know the movie is going to end with them winning the SB, and a fictional SB victory on the silver screen is as close to the SB as we will ever get.

THRILLHO
04-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Who remembers this movie?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/second_string/ (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/second_string/)

Historian
04-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Second place again....

BertSquirtgum
04-10-2013, 11:28 AM

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/denis-leary-signing-on-as-cleveland-browns-coach-in-gridiron-pic-draft-day/

I wish they had used Buffalo. You know the movie is going to end with them winning the SB, and a fictional SB victory on the silver screen is as close to the SB as we will ever get.

Loser.

OpIv37
04-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Loser.

0 for 47 and counting.

BertSquirtgum
04-10-2013, 12:24 PM
0 for 47 and counting.

Is that the number of times you failed trying to impregnate your wife?

stuckincincy
04-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Great. Another Costner movie. Three hours long? :deadhorse

gebobs
04-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Denis Leary is going to be in it
Egad. Denis Leary AND Kevin Costner. Thank god the Bills were taken out. Leary's schtick is annoying and so so played. And Costner is one of those actors that inexplicably rises to fame despite a lick of talent.

Have they contacted Keanu's agent? How about Carrot Top?

BLeonard
04-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Who remembers this movie?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/second_string/ (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/second_string/)

I have it on DVD... Found it at Big Lots for like $3...

-Bill

fluteflakes
04-10-2013, 06:58 PM
They're trying really hard to ape on Moneyball without bothering to get the caliber of acting talent that Moneyball did.

Meathead
04-10-2013, 07:09 PM
since cuomo is a liberal do we call this wide left?

OpIv37
04-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Is that the number of times you failed trying to impregnate your wife?

Do you ever add anything constructive to the conversation or do you just insult people who say things you don't want to hear?

BertSquirtgum
04-10-2013, 07:34 PM

This post is the epitome of all of your posts.

OpIv37
04-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Another valuable contribution.

BertSquirtgum
04-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Duuuh. The Bills suck. Duuuuh. The Bills will never win a super bowl. Duuuuuh. I change every topic to how much the Bills suck. Duuuuuuuuh. What's my name?

pmoon6
04-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Another valuable contribution.What do you contribute? All your posts boil down to "Bills' suck" with 100 words of excess verbiage.

Even in a thread about a ****** movie it comes out.

You just can't help yourself, along with the rest of the crybaby brigade.

Mike13
04-11-2013, 02:56 PM
What do you contribute? All your posts boil down to "Bills' suck" with 100 words of excess verbiage.

I think the three of you should just **** each other and get it over with.

pmoon6
04-11-2013, 06:45 PM
I think the three of you should just **** each other and get it over with.They won't give me their address.

OpIv37
04-11-2013, 07:19 PM
What do you contribute? All your posts boil down to "Bills' suck" with 100 words of excess verbiage.

That's what you read.

When I say the Bills suck, I always have a good reason for it. But people like you and Hurkey refuse to see it. It's much easier to call people the "crybaby brigade" and dismiss actual facts and reasoning as "excess verbiage" than it is to admit the reality of how bad the Bills are.

Don't Panic
04-11-2013, 07:59 PM
That's what you read.

When I say the Bills suck, I always have a good reason for it. But people like you and Hurkey refuse to see it. It's much easier to call people the "crybaby brigade" and dismiss actual facts and reasoning as "excess verbiage" than it is to admit the reality of how bad the Bills are.

Dismiss actual facts? You said, in this thread, the Bills will never win a Super Bowl. Those are you words. If that's what you believe, then WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING HERE???? Get a hobby... you bashing the team you "love" is getting old.

OpIv37
04-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Dismiss actual facts? You said, in this thread, the Bills will never win a Super Bowl. Those are you words. If that's what you believe, then WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING HERE???? Get a hobby... you bashing the team you "love" is getting old.

First, it was a joke.

Second: The team is 0-47 on Super Bowls. Fact.

Third, what have you seen from this team that makes you think this team can actually win a SB? Players, coaches, FO, ownership- what part of this organization gives you any reason to think they can win a SB?

I bash the team because I want them to win and they don't. You claiming to "love" the team but getting pissed off at people like me for calling out the people that are keeping the team from winning is getting old.

pmoon6
04-11-2013, 08:46 PM
That's what you read.

When I say the Bills suck, I always have a good reason for it. But people like you and Hurkey refuse to see it. It's much easier to call people the "crybaby brigade" and dismiss actual facts and reasoning as "excess verbiage" than it is to admit the reality of how bad the Bills are.Even if you're right with your "reason", the constant deluge of negativity gets old.

New season, renewed hope.

A lot of time, I think the predictors of doom and gloom would rather be right so they can pump their chests than anything else.

Wow, Look at the big brain on him.

OpIv37
04-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Even if you're right with your "reason", the constant deluge of negativity gets old.

New season, renewed hope.

A lot of time, I think the predictors of doom and gloom would rather be right so they can pump their chests than anything else.

Wow, Look at the big brain on him.
That doesn't even make any sense.

Yeah, I've got a basement full of Bills gear and I've gone out of my way to go to bars or buy Sunday Ticket to watch the games for 13 years just so I know enough about the team to pump my chest at a bunch of message board people that I don't even know.

Please.

The "constant deluge of negativity" is because of the constant deluge of garbage from this team. New season doesn't necessarily mean new hope. You have to look at the state of the team and what's actually going on with them, and if you do that objectively, there's no good reason to have hope for this season. Even if I don't 100% agree, I can see why people may have hope as far as the future with the new coaching staff goes, but there is just no way to realistically say that the team will be better this season. It sucks, but it's reality. Learn to differentiate between what you want to happen and what you expect to happen.

Don't Panic
04-12-2013, 05:49 AM
First, it was a joke.

Second: The team is 0-47 on Super Bowls. Fact.

Third, what have you seen from this team that makes you think this team can actually win a SB? Players, coaches, FO, ownership- what part of this organization gives you any reason to think they can win a SB?

I bash the team because I want them to win and they don't. You claiming to "love" the team but getting pissed off at people like me for calling out the people that are keeping the team from winning is getting old.

Marrone has been on the job for three months. Whaley has been in a position of power for the same amount of time. These two have no reason to be judged. They are beginning their legacy with the team. Yet they gut thrown in with Brandon and Buddy, who have been damned long ago. Player-wise, we are a handful of guys from being competitive. There are a lot of guys on this roster who can be a part of a Super Bowl roster if given a little more help. There are so many unknowns about what's to come. When that is the case, it creates the potential for hope. But not for you. Before the new leaders of this team have even had a chance to compete you've bashed them 1000 times.... and its frickin April. That tells me more about you than it does about this team. Once again, I just don't get the point of spending so much time on something if you're so convinced of the outcome.

Typ0
04-12-2013, 05:55 AM
When there are so many unknowns it creates the illusion of hope not the potential of hope. If you really think about it your statement about the unknowns being a positive thing is the crux of the team continuing to be a loser yet still able to sell it's product to the public. Would you purchase toothpaste with dog poop as an ingredient on the label? What if it wasn't listed?

pmoon6
04-12-2013, 07:02 AM
That doesn't even make any sense.

Yeah, I've got a basement full of Bills gear and I've gone out of my way to go to bars or buy Sunday Ticket to watch the games for 13 years just so I know enough about the team to pump my chest at a bunch of message board people that I don't even know.

HaHa. You're the one with 70,000 posts on here. If the Internet was widely available in the late '80's, you would probably been one of the many Bills' Fans that said "Kelly sucks, trade him"

The "constant deluge of negativity" is because of the constant deluge of garbage from this team. New season doesn't necessarily mean new hope. You have to look at the state of the team and what's actually going on with them, and if you do that objectively, there's no good reason to have hope for this season. Even if I don't 100% agree, I can see why people may have hope as far as the future with the new coaching staff goes, but there is just no way to realistically say that the team will be better this season. It sucks, but it's reality. Learn to differentiate between what you want to happen and what you expect to happen.I watch football with the wide eyed optimism of an 8 year old. Always thinking my team has a chance to win. It's like being addicted to heroin and looking to duplicate that first rush or the first time you had sex. I mean I still thought the Bills would beat the Chargers in the '64 AFL title game even though they were something like 13 point underdogs. There are other examples since, most famous was the Comeback game. I always believe they have a chance.

To me, just watching the Bills' run out of the tunnel in Red, White, and Blue gives me goosebumps. They have been my hometown team for 50 years now. As in life, you take the good with the bad and try to shake off disappointment. Then you rise next Sunday to once again support and cheer for your team.

I guess the over analysis by the sports media and the internet has given rise to a bunch pseudo-sports analysts who think their opinion is the one that is correct. I guess that's a good hobby. I just think if that's the case, then you lose your audience when all you do is piss and moan. Look at Jerry Sullivan. I would never read his crap and I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

At the end of the day, sports is entertainment and distraction. A chance to sit down with family and friends, share what is really important and enjoy the time together with a common interest. It's not if you win or lose, it's how you play the game.

Captain Obvious
04-12-2013, 08:14 AM
the constant deluge of negativity gets old.

I dont think its s o much negativity but extreme exagerrating.. Op thinks the Bills have not drafted ANY..NONE..ZERO players in the last 10 years that have made any improvements from there rookie season to there 2nd year... He claimed they have never replaced a player they have cut with a viable option. He claimed they had nothing at CB forgetting Stephon Gilmore is on the team..He claimed they had NO receivers forgetting Stevie Johnson is on the team.. He never liked Kevin Kolb to begin with but he thought Kolb was at least a little better than Fitzpatrick now Kolb is completely useless and anything more than paying him a $1 is a waste even though by other QB standards Kolb is barely being paid backup money and is being paid peanuts. Its hard to respect this compared to others posters when he either conveniently leaves things out to make things worse off then they are to make his point or he is just not aware

OpIv37
04-12-2013, 08:25 AM
I watch football with the wide eyed optimism of an 8 year old. Always thinking my team has a chance to win. It's like being addicted to heroin and looking to duplicate that first rush or the first time you had sex. I mean I still thought the Bills would beat the Chargers in the '64 AFL title game even though they were something like 13 point underdogs. There are other examples since, most famous was the Comeback game. I always believe they have a chance.

To me, just watching the Bills' run out of the tunnel in Red, White, and Blue gives me goosebumps. They have been my hometown team for 50 years now. As in life, you take the good with the bad and try to shake off disappointment. Then you rise next Sunday to once again support and cheer for your team.

I guess the over analysis by the sports media and the internet has given rise to a bunch pseudo-sports analysts who think their opinion is the one that is correct. I guess that's a good hobby. I just think if that's the case, then you lose your audience when all you do is piss and moan. Look at Jerry Sullivan. I would never read his crap and I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

At the end of the day, sports is entertainment and distraction. A chance to sit down with family and friends, share what is really important and enjoy the time together with a common interest. It's not if you win or lose, it's how you play the game.
Here's the problem: people like you think that because sports is entertainment/distraction, then it's going to be fun/pleasant. There is no guarantee of that.

Sometimes, the picnic gets rained out. Sometimes, you lose the softball game 21-0. Sometimes, your friend gets drunk at the bar and starts a fight and you have to clean up the mess. Sometimes (usually), your football team gets their asses kicked and tanks the season.

And what audience are you talking about? This message board is here to discuss the team with other fans. I will never understand why people like you complain that people "piss and moan" when the team is as bad it is. Your gripe should be with the team that's ruining your entertainment, not with the people who want to discuss it.

And it really is if you win or lose. This is the NFL, not some touch football game in the back yard.

OpIv37
04-12-2013, 08:29 AM
I dont think its s o much negativity but extreme exagerrating.. Op thinks the Bills have not drafted ANY..NONE..ZERO players in the last 10 years that have made any improvements from there rookie season to there 2nd year... He claimed they have never replaced a player they have cut with a viable option. He claimed they had nothing at CB forgetting Stephon Gilmore is on the team..He claimed they had NO receivers forgetting Stevie Johnson is on the team.. He never liked Kevin Kolb to begin with but he thought Kolb was at least a little better than Fitzpatrick now Kolb is completely useless and anything more than paying him a $1 is a waste even though by other QB standards Kolb is barely being paid backup money and is being paid peanuts. Its hard to respect this compared to others posters when he either conveniently leaves things out to make things worse off then they are to make his point or he is just not aware
First, I NEVER said that no player has improved from year 1 to year 2. I said that the improvement from rookies to 2nd year players has never been enough to improve the team overall and lead to better results the following season, which is completely true.

Second, I never said that the team has never replaced a player with a viable option. I said that there have been enough times when they haven't that I don't trust them to get it right.

Third, as far as Gilmore and Johnson, you don't seem to be aware that most of the time, there is more than one CB and more than one WR on the field. The comments I made were to say that we need help at those positions. Maybe I was lazy and didn't spell it out exactly, but even with those two guys we still have glaring holes at WR and CB.

Fourth, Fitz sucks. Kolb is slightly better but still sucks. I don't like him and I hate the move. That has nothing to do with whether or not he's better than Fitz. We need a franchise QB- not someone who's just better than Fitz. That's setting the bar way too low.

pmoon6
04-12-2013, 08:44 AM
Here's the problem: people like you think that because sports is entertainment/distraction, then it's going to be fun/pleasant. There is no guarantee of that.

Sometimes, the picnic gets rained out. Sometimes, you lose the softball game 21-0. Sometimes, your friend gets drunk at the bar and starts a fight and you have to clean up the mess. Sometimes (usually), your football team gets their asses kicked and tanks the season.

And what audience are you talking about? This message board is here to discuss the team with other fans. I will never understand why people like you complain that people "piss and moan" when the team is as bad it is. Your gripe should be with the team that's ruining your entertainment, not with the people who want to discuss it.

And it really is if you win or lose. This is the NFL, not some touch football game in the back yard.And there in lies the problem. Lots of NFL fans internalize the losses, like something was taken from them. Mostly the "high" they get from jumping up and down, fist pumping and rubbing their pathetic peckers on the TV screen. That's why they turn into *****y little women when their team doesn't do well.

And don't give me any BS about it's "just a discussion". Most of your posts are venting your frustration. It's also about trying to look like you know what you're talking about in a quest to be Jason LaCanfora or more likely Jerry Sullivan. You cry about this move or that move, even though you aren't privy to the internal workings of the organization.

All you know is you didn't get that warm fuzzy from winning on Sunday.

My suggestion: Get a binkie and pacifier.

mayotm
04-12-2013, 08:46 AM
How refreshing. Yet another thread that has morphed into Op arguing with several others about the Bills sucking. We can read these same exact arguments in 20 other active threads.

BertSquirtgum
04-12-2013, 10:01 AM
First, I NEVER said that no player has improved from year 1 to year 2. I said that the improvement from rookies to 2nd year players has never been enough to improve the team overall and lead to better results the following season, which is completely true.

Second, I never said that the team has never replaced a player with a viable option. I said that there have been enough times when they haven't that I don't trust them to get it right.

Third, as far as Gilmore and Johnson, you don't seem to be aware that most of the time, there is more than one CB and more than one WR on the field. The comments I made were to say that we need help at those positions. Maybe I was lazy and didn't spell it out exactly, but even with those two guys we still have glaring holes at WR and CB.

Fourth, Fitz sucks. Kolb is slightly better but still sucks. I don't like him and I hate the move. That has nothing to do with whether or not he's better than Fitz. We need a franchise QB- not someone who's just better than Fitz. That's setting the bar way too low.

No.