• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

"Rumor" Draft spoiler: Nassib is our pick in the 1st round

We might trade back for an extra pick in the first round if we scare another team into a loss of a player and grab an extra second with a little gambling but the Bills need a player that knows the system & works now. Ralph is not long for this world and the team will do so much better with Nassib in a familiar system versus forcing other players into something they need to learn.

Nassib will be the starting QB come our first game, Kolb being a good back-up. Mark my words to this post, it's already over, it's been called already.
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: "Rumor" Draft spoiler: Nassib is our pick in the 1st round

Unfortunately that sounds like something the Bills would do.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

And you wonder why your posts end up in spam Skooby. Unreal

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

If we could somehow get Nassib in the 2nd, I'd be happy, but that doesn't seem likely.

Using the #8 on Nassib is just plain stupid though.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jaybird
          • Dec 2005

and the rumor comes from where???

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Why do I exactly need to post who calls me & tell you why this is the way it is? How about we can achieve a level of success with him now instead of waiting ? Can you expect Ralph to wait several years until every part comes together ? Maybe Spiller gets older & we don't have a way to get better now, think of that ?

Our owner waited longer than anyone for a chance, investing in a current program from front to back rings us something that works now. It's hard to force people to relearn the offense, outside of the knowledge that's already been provided. Your logic is based on future depth, the owner is here today & expects today's results.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              We might trade back for an extra pick in the first round if we scare another team into a loss of a player and grab an extra second with a little gambling but the Bills need a player that knows the system & works now. Ralph is not long for this world and the team will do so much better with Nassib in a familiar system versus forcing other players into something they need to learn.

Nassib will be the starting QB come our first game, Kolb being a good back-up. Mark my words to this post, it's already over, it's been called already.
              Link? or did you pull this out of your arse?

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Zero is a "level of success."

Just because Nassib played in Marrone's system doesn't mean he can come in and be successful immediately in the NFL. We have to play the Patriots and the Ravens, not Rutgers and Temple.

And what do you mean "our owner waited longer than anyone for a chance?" The reason this team sucks so bad is largely the owner's fault. It's been one bad decision after another with him.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lexwhat
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  If we could somehow get Nassib in the 2nd, I'd be happy, but that doesn't seem likely.

Using the #8 on Nassib is just plain stupid though.
                  I am not for nor against drafting Nassib, but I'm curious as to why drafting him at #8 is "stupid" while drafting him in the 2nd round would make you "happy"?? If we spend a 2nd round pick on him, I assume you would be happy because you think he may turn out to be our franchise QB. In that case, who cares if we take him in the 1st or 2nd round?

If we don't draft a QB in the 1st round, we have exposed our hand, and everyone in the NFL world is gonna know that we'll be drafting a QB with our 2nd pick. We don't know what 31 other teams are going to do, or whether even one of them would trade up a few spots to grab him just before our pick in the 2nd round. In the long run, if Nassib turns out to be a great QB, no one will care that we spent a 1st rounder on him.

I am all for trading down, but it is not always that easy, as you know... If you are talking about from a "value" standpoint, I think QBs fall under a separate category. For example, it is not worth getting the "3rd best LT" when we can get the #1 OLB, even if LT is a need. That's the importance of value. But QB picks are the most unpredictable of all.

If a team thinks a QB is gonna be good, TAKE HIM. Period. I mean, the Redskins gave up draft picks out the ass for RGIII, and then went and drafted Kirk Cousins with their 3rd overall pick (a 4th rounder). You're from that area, you already know.

With all of RGIII's injuries, Cousins basically propelled them into the playoffs last year. They wouldn't have made it without him. It was a genius move to draft Cousins.

To be real, if we drafted 2 QBs this year, with both coming at or before the 4th round, I would not be upset.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Lexwhat View Post
                    I am not for nor against drafting Nassib, but I'm curious as to why drafting him at #8 is "stupid" while drafting him in the 2nd round would make you "happy"?? If we spend a 2nd round pick on him, I assume you would be happy because you think he may turn out to be our franchise QB. In that case, who cares if we take him in the 1st or 2nd round?

If we don't draft a QB in the 1st round, we have exposed our hand, and everyone in the NFL world is gonna know that we'll be drafting a QB with our 2nd pick. We don't know what 31 other teams are going to do, or whether even one of them would trade up a few spots to grab him just before our pick in the 2nd round. In the long run, if Nassib turns out to be a great QB, no one will care that we spent a 1st rounder on him.

I am all for trading down, but it is not always that easy, as you know... If you are talking about from a "value" standpoint, I think QBs fall under a separate category. For example, it is not worth getting the "3rd best LT" when we can get the #1 OLB, even if LT is a need. That's the importance of value. But QB picks are the most unpredictable of all.

If a team thinks a QB is gonna be good, TAKE HIM. Period. I mean, the Redskins gave up draft picks out the ass for RGIII, and then went and drafted Kirk Cousins with their 3rd overall pick (a 4th rounder). You're from that area, you already know.

With all of RGIII's injuries, Cousins basically propelled them into the playoffs last year. They wouldn't have made it without him. It was a genius move to draft Cousins.

To be real, if we drafted 2 QBs this year, with both coming at or before the 4th round, I would not be upset.
                    It's quite simple.

This team sucks. Our best chance to get better is the #8 overall draft pick. We absolutely need to take someone with that pick who makes the team significantly better. If we fail to do that, it's going to set this team back 2-3 years. And yes, I know there's a rookie cap and a bad first round draft pick doesn't hose the cap like it used to. It's not about the cap. It's about adding enough talent to win.

I'm not convinced that Nassib is going to be a successful NFL QB. But we're desperate for a QB. IMO he's worth the risk at 41. He's not worth the risk at 8. The opportunity cost to gamble on Nassib at 8 as opposed to taking a talented player is just too high. Add to that the fact that QB is notoriously the hardest position for judging whether college success will translate to NFL success, and the risk is just too high. We're not gambling house money. We're gambling our food and rent money for the next two months.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

And I agree with you on trading down- that would be the ideal situation, especially with only 6 picks. But finding a partner for trading down in this draft is going to be very difficult.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lexwhat
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        It's quite simple.

This team sucks. Our best chance to get better is the #8 overall draft pick. We absolutely need to take someone with that pick who makes the team significantly better. If we fail to do that, it's going to set this team back 2-3 years. And yes, I know there's a rookie cap and a bad first round draft pick doesn't hose the cap like it used to. It's not about the cap. It's about adding enough talent to win.

I'm not convinced that Nassib is going to be a successful NFL QB. But we're desperate for a QB. IMO he's worth the risk at 41. He's not worth the risk at 8. The opportunity cost to gamble on Nassib at 8 as opposed to taking a talented player is just too high. Add to that the fact that QB is notoriously the hardest position for judging whether college success will translate to NFL success, and the risk is just too high. We're not gambling house money. We're gambling our food and rent money for the next two months.
                        I know the team sucks -- and I realize that we should hit a "home run" with the 1st rounder. But a good draft depends more on getting 3-4 quality starters than hitting a home run with the 1st rounder and then missing on all the rest. IF the Bills think a QB is for real, and he's taken before our pick in the 2nd round, we will be stuck drafting another CB or Safety or whoever else Buddy Nix saw in his dreams the night before the Draft. We shouldn't wait for 32 picks to pass and hope a specific QB is still there.

Anyway, I think this discussion is all besides the point for 1 simple reason: Doug Marrone. He knows Nassib better that ANYONE in the entire NFL (including Buddy Nix, you, me, whoever). If Marrone wants to tie his coaching legacy to Nassib, he will most definitely 100% be drafted by the Bills with the 8th pick. If he doesn't think Nassib is that guy, I don't think we even draft him in the 2nd round!

From the moment Marrone was hired, I knew we would either take Nassib in the 1st or not at all. The Bills (obviously) have already made up their mind on him, a long time ago. IMHO, I think there are only 2 possibilities here:

(a) The Bills take a QB with the 8th pick, and they already know who it is going to be (more likely).
                        (b) The Bills find a trade partner, move back, pick up some extra picks, and draft their desired QB with this 1st rounder.

Comment

• Mr. Magoo
                          • Nov 2012

Its easy give our 8th and 41st to the Rams for there 16th and 22nd. With the 16th take best WR/LB and at 22 take Nassib/Barkley.
                          2018 Mock:
                          1a Mason Rudolph QB
                          1b Vander Esch LB
                          2a James Washington WR
                          2b James Daniels C
                          3a Harrison Phillips DT
                          3b Geron Christian OT

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

Nassib at #8 will make me puke.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Geez, I hope not. And, MMD doesn't deserve all of the abuse he gets at times. His 'scoop' on Kolb is a helluva lot more viable than some others that have an inflated reputation for posting crap like 'Bills interested in Yadda Yadda'.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X